GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 146 comments
I think serving penalties has indeed been made easier as I only did two races at Circuit De La Sarthe but I didn't have to brake to a
completle stop, I was able to take finger off the accelrator and coast down the straight.

Have not noticed any other major changes overall but if I do see anything I wll post later.

In regards to penaltys are they back to burning off as soon as you lift of the accelerator as opposed to virtually having to stop as was the case before?
This is definitely a welcome relief, it was getting ridiculous for a while there.

The penalties are still the same in the Gr. 4 Bathurst race. Can't just left a little. I had to slow way down.
Yeah when i did the qualifying laps at lagos and lemans they slowed as soon as i lifted...in the race...negative.

Pretty sure they fixed the bug where it showed the previous days mileage when starting the next day. I definitely still had the bug before this update

Was there always a walkway over the front straight at Willow Springs? This is the first time I'm noticing it during the Gr. 4 Cup race.

Precisely. As you probably know, the issue with the GTS tire model is that it had 2 "modes". One at very low speed which is very weird and behaves strangely, and one after passing 40-60km/h, where it finally begins behaving like a real tire. One of the oddities with the low-speed mode tire is that for instance standstill starts (with no TC) were very hard to achieve as the tires glitched and behave wholly unnatural. This behavior however was NOT present in the GTS World Tour championship, where a bunch of races were grid-start type (with no TC) and the cars behaved very natural, just as you'd see in something like Assetto Corsa. So there DEFINITELY was a different tire model in that championship.

Are people basing a new tyre model off of a standing start?

They were all experienced GT players who knowing it would be standing start would have put TC on 1 wouldn't they?

Is there any video of this race so we can see and compare to a normal TC1 start?

Penalties are now stricter. If you incur one and don't begin slowing down, the penalty will grow until you do regardless of how much of it you have.
This change was documented in update 1.13. It is not a new thing.

So far, I think Logitech G29 finally got some love!

- Now is even possible to counter and pull yourself out if reacting quick enough!
Though this can be for more wheels but I know for G29 with assists off.

- Full brakes are now showing at full bar, not at about 70% like before...

And if wasn't:

- now is actually showing 0km (next to clock) of actual day, not distance passed last time (day or more)

Cockpit view in Alfa 4c Gr.3 Road Car does not move when adjusted, not sure if it was an issue before or not as last night was the first time I drove it.

I broke my lap record on Bathurst with the Ferrari Gr.3 by a second last night. Which is not saying much considering how mediocre I am on the track, but I hadn't even gotten close to my previous record in dozens of laps prior to 1.19. This has happened over and over with every other record of mine I've tried since I downloaded the new update -- first time out, boom, record demolished. Surely there were some handling or tire changes, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it. And I can't pinpoint what has changed, if anything, but the Ferrari seems more stable on the edge. And maybe I'm just misremembering, but it seems to me that the 1972 Alpine's handling is improved, less likely for the back to come out and not as much heavy weight transfer sloshing the car around.

I broke my lap record on Bathurst with the Ferrari Gr.3 by a second last night. This has happened over and over with every other record of mine I've tried since I downloaded the new update -- first time out, boom, record demolished.

Shhh, don't say anything. If Kaz gets wind of this, they're going to change it back!

Yep I've noticed it too. I won the Cavallino event at Maggiore in a 458. The last time I attempted this, I had to use the Gr.4 version. Believe me, there was no way I could have won that in a street car before this.

This change was documented in update 1.13. It is not a new thing.

Except that only happened if you have more then a 5 second penalty. From my brief experience, this now happens regardless of how long a penalty you start out with.

1. A replay bug which was at Streets of Willow has been fixed.

2. The Swift Sport's water temperature meter now works normally.

3. When you select "skip 10 seconds" button near the end of the replay, you will no longer end the replay but warp to about 10 seconds before the end of the replay.

So far, I think Logitech G29 finally got some love!

- Now is even possible to counter and pull yourself out if reacting quick enough!
Though this can be for more wheels but I know for G29 with assists off.

- Full brakes are now showing at full bar, not at about 70% like before...

And if wasn't:

- now is actually showing 0km (next to clock) of actual day, not distance passed last time (day or more)

Will be adding to the OP.

After a full on Friday night in lobbies with my friends I have noticed a few things have radically changed.

Room was set the same as always and he uses the same room settings all the time i.e. Reverse grid based on last finish, 3x fuel, 5x tire wear, sport soft tyres for all road cars and we race 1 make that winner picks and track vote.

1) Regardless of last race finish room owner would always start on pole

2) Grid spacings at the Nordscheife were enormous. I started second on grid and could only see pole, no other cars in view. Pole would have do a "Virtual Safety Car" rolling start to bunch the field up.

3) Adventrador fuel consumption has increased to ridiculous levels. At Monza it would just do 5 laps at 3 times previously on lean, now it does less than 4. Room owner had to change settings to 2x. BTW the car is now a real pig on SS too >:-(

4) The fuel consumption read out is a lot slower now and it comes down to a lot more guess work. Previously I could pick a setting afetr the first few corners that would get me through a race. Now it is very vague and seems to try and emulate more actual fuel usage while driving and can go either way. Basically it has become quite useless and where there is usually less than 5 mins practice before a race start there is no time to test it. Just the way the room is run.

5) No one seems to have mentioned this one. In campaign mode now you get a prize money and experience boost if you use a lower ranked (lower performance) car to win the race. Just like back in GT6. One race i did it was as much as 40% extra.

5) No one seems to have mentioned this one. In campaign mode now you get a prize money and experience boost if you use a lower ranked (lower performance) car to win the race. Just like back in GT6. One race i did it was as much as 40% extra.
This has been around for a long time. I think since the base game (or maybe since the update that introduced GT League). That's how people grind money, by using an N400 X-Bow or an N300 Ford GT40 around the Premium Sports Lounge race on BMB Speedway to get the extra money bonus for example.

Have they added more smoke? It seems if you lock up or spin seems to be more smoke come pouring past you, not noticed this before?
More smoke was added prior to this update, if there is more can you provide a video showcasing this??
Or anyone that can confirm this??

The person that mentioned La sarthe having a "we need more tracks" sign can you also provide a screenshot/image showcasing this or anyone. Thanks in advance..

Back