GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.38)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 107 comments
Ok so, I think they are starting to add motion blur type effects on the standard PS4 now. When driving a car in chase can, you’ll see the faint ghost of the car when driving at high speeds like in arcade games. But it only happens on some cars though. Maybe my TV is broken? I don’t know. The R8 Gordini, Fugu Z and TT 3.2 do it...
That's a glitch that exists from the beginning.

Don't know if this is an actual thing or whether I'm just being incredible un-talented with my braking, but I think it's now possible to flat-spot a tyre:

Had one big long up into the second chicane at Monza during the Gr.3 race, then had lock-ups all subsequent laps till the next tyre change.

Mileage that cars gain while driving in Practice Mode of open lobbies is preserved.

Pretty sure mine did from last night, but I'll have to test this again later.

Has this been confirmed? This has always bothered me as I drive alot in practice lobbys, training for our league races.

Has this been confirmed? This has always bothered me as I drive alot in practice lobbys, training for our league races.
Debunked. The mileage gained during practice will be preserved for the duration of practice but once you switch cars, race begins or you leave the lobby it's reset. Only mileage gained from actual races remains preserved in open lobbies.

Last edited:
Debunked. The mileage gained during practice will be preserved but once race begins or you leave the lobby it's reset. Only mileage gained from actual races remains preserved in open lobbies.

Darn it :(

It's a small thing, it's not like it affects the daily workout or total distance driven. But I'm a stat freak, and as majority of my driving happens in just open practice in lobby, I have a very wrong milage stats on my cars.

I noticed that on daily Race B (Red Bull Ring) that since the update one of the shadows i used as a braking point had gone. Coming down the hill after the second tight right hander (Remus) there was a shadow just before the 100m board. Not anymore!

Can anyone tell me what:
2.Tracks
 - Optimizations have been performed on some of the already included tracks

Mean?

If you press and hold the button for Flashing or Flash and toggle High/Low Beam it keeps flashing/switching from High to low and back to high beam, i don't remember it being like this before

The A.I. has gotten remarkably stupider with this update, almost subterranean levels of intelligence. It's now worse than Gran Turismo 4 standards:

• Zero awareness of where the player car is at any time other than when the player car is stopped mid-track.
  • Will rear-end you when you're exiting the pits at several circuits.
  • Turn into you when you pass down the inside from a reasonable distance.
  • If you are on the outside it will drive into you as if you are not there, even if you are ahead and the corner is yours.
  • On some circuits they will have some sort of melt-down whilst lapping each other and get stuck nose-to-tail.
  • The will randomly brake in turns that are easily flatout or suddenly 'stomp' mid-corner.
  • Completely unable to take any corners at reasonable race pace, for example: taking the chicanes at 30mph.
  • When being lapped they will immediately try to overtake you via idiotic lunging as soon as you've gone past them.

This happens on all difficulties and I've noticed it's gotten progressively worse with each update.

I noticed that on daily Race B (Red Bull Ring) that since the update one of the shadows i used as a braking point had gone. Coming down the hill after the second tight right hander (Remus) there was a shadow just before the 100m board. Not anymore!
Yeah time of day sets has been changed on many tracks.

One of the times on a track is 04:45 in the morning :ill:
That’s too early! Unless you’re interested in racing against zombies :ill:

It’s not a glitch, it’s ghosting, and it’s caused by the low response time of the monitor/tv he’s using.
Nope, it's ghosting caused by the use of temporal anti aliasing in the game. Ghosting is a common tell of TAA in a game, and it shows up for me despite playing on a 1ms response monitor (not that response time would cause ghosting anyway, but still).

Back