GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.38)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 107 comments
Nope, it's ghosting caused by the use of temporal anti aliasing in the game. Ghosting is a common tell of TAA in a game, and it shows up for me despite playing on a 1ms response monitor (not that response time would cause ghosting anyway, but still).

Ghosting absolutely is a symptom of a poor response time. This information is ubiquitous. 1ms makes little difference as any monitor under 8 or even 12ms should have virtually none or an imperceptible amount.

Anyway, my monitor is 5ms and seated directly behind my wheel, and I have absolutely zero ghosting. If you’re experiencing this, I guarantee it is because of your hardware configuration.

12.Sound
 - Corrected an issue where the music tracks would not shuffle correctly.

thank-god-finally.jpg

Ghosting absolutely is a symptom of a poor response time. This information is ubiquitous. 1ms makes little difference as any monitor under 8 or even 12ms should have virtually none or an imperceptible amount.

Anyway, my monitor is 5ms and seated directly behind my wheel, and I have absolutely zero ghosting. If you’re experiencing this, I guarantee it is because of your hardware configuration.

Response time means your input isn't shown until that time has passed, it has nothing to do with ghosting.

Also, if ghosting was down to hardware configuration, how come it shows up in screenshots?

upload_2019-4-27_20-51-20.png

It's because it's produced by the game, not the hardware.

Response time means your input isn't shown until that time has passed, it has nothing to do with ghosting.

Also, if ghosting was down to hardware configuration, how come it shows up in screenshots?

View attachment 817289

It's because it's produced by the game, not the hardware.

That looks like a burn tool was used or part of the tarmac. Find me a few more screenshots to make your case, otherwise, this is meaningless.

Not fake per-se. But if this issue was caused by the game itself, why am I, and (seemingly everyone else) not experiencing the same thing? Why can I not replicate this myself?

For the record, I'm seeing it too. Definitely not a display thing, because Forza 7 via Xbox One on the same screen doesn't... surely all games/consoles would be affected if it was a TV issue?

For the record, I'm seeing it too. Definitely not a display thing, because Forza 7 via Xbox One on the same screen doesn't... surely all games/consoles would be affected if it was a TV issue?
Indeed they would. Forza 7 uses a forward renderer that only has MSAA available, so no TAA artefacting to be found here. Horizon 4 does have some slight ghosting from cars on wet roads (as the screen space reflections use some form of tempral filtering so that they "fade" as they move), but nowhere near as pronounced as GTS.

For what it's worth, I have a PS4 Slim and am using a Sony KDL-V5500 43 inch LCD TV from 10 years ago. And I have never noticed any ghosting.

Does anyone else think extra scene's are being put in Scapes? I don't mean the New Zealand pack we just got..... for example Wellington Street, London and Tokyo Big Sight..... and others. Maybe I've just never noticed them before but I've been through the scenes scores of times.

Does anyone else think extra scene's are being put in Scapes? I don't mean the New Zealand pack we just got..... for example Wellington Street, London and Tokyo Big Sight..... and others. Maybe I've just never noticed them before but I've been through the scenes scores of times.

The New Zealand collection has always been there, it's my home country so I've been through it a few times. However, since the Collection has been added to page 1 of the Scapes home page, the first 7 locations in the list are new. Either new angles of existing spots or new locations entirely.

Below is each new shot with the corresponding number seen below the thumbnails in-game.

New locations:
- Godley Peaks Road (01, 04)

New angles on existing locations:
- Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park (02)
- Tongariro National Park (03)
- The Neck (05)
- Trail at Lake Taupo (06)
- Lake Pukaki (07)

The 8th location is where the existing angles and locations start. Also I could be wrong about 07, I don't remember it myself but that doesn't necessarily mean it's new. But 01-06 definitely are.

Last edited:
I feel as though the game is taking longer to load and the menu/UI is just slower at everything.
Coming out of a race and pressing replay I have to press the button twice most of the time too.

I've never ever seen this, and I have a Pro. That's some strange stuff..
Could this be a graphics card/hardware based issue?
It could be that the Pro is powerful enough for PD to opt for a decent kind of AA as opposed to TAA, but I would have to see it in action in person to be able to tell better.

Sorry I’m not here for the undocumented changes, I juste wanted to add something to the ghosting issues. I tested it on several displays, PC 1080p monitor and a 4K TV, and it’s always there, specially in the golden hour or the night. So it’s has nothing to do with the screen. It’s just how the Temporal Anti Aliasing works at different light and color conditions.

There appears to be a glitch in the livery editor now! I was making a livery for the SF19 and put a total decal on the nose by using align with camera (went to front and moved camera overhead). I then did the same to get a decal beside where the drivers head will be in the cockpit (Ray Ban - just like the Ferrari SF90) and when I looked around the car afterwards the total logo had been realigned with the Ray Ban decal causing it to stretch up the nose so I had to delete and realign.

The A.I. has gotten remarkably stupider with this update, almost subterranean levels of intelligence.
This happens on all difficulties and I've noticed it's gotten progressively worse with each update.

I agree with you. They now hit me in the rear a whole lot more frequently when I'm in a corner ahead of them. I need more than a few car lengths lead to avoid this. Their speed on certain tracks is ridiculous. I was stuck behind a gaggle of 4 of them on one of the longer straights at Tokyo South Inner Loop and they were putting along at 65 mph.

I think it's gotten even worse in custom races. I'm not as enthusiastic over this game any more. I downloaded Crew 2 and have been playing it this weekend. And I don't like arcade racing games :lol:

I agree. The AI may not be that dumb, but she's clearly overagressive and brutal. During the Compétition de France, with the Gordini at Maggiore, the guy in the lead is just awful. He just want to kill you.

You should see them in the Nurburgring GP on the F1500-T championship...They can't make that T1 corner for ****, their turn-in is completely wrong which makes them run wide, if they're slipstreaming you they won't brake in time and will literally dive-bomb your rear and ruin your clear race bonus, if they're in front of you they run too wide on the corner and will close the door on you if you try to pass on the inside while at the same time almost stalling their engines.

It's infuriating.

The VW Samba Bus no longer wobbles at high speed.

Edit: This isn't a good thing btw.

Have they changed anything on its suspension?

Back