GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.38)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 107 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented (1.38)

1. New Cars

- The following 5 cars have been added:
  ・Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro '03
  ・Honda Fit Hybrid '14
  ・Porsche 962 C '88
  ・Renault R8 Gordini '66
  ・Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
2.Tracks
 - Optimizations have been performed on some of the already included tracks

3.Campaign
 - The following events have been added to “GT League”:
  ・Compétition de France Rounds 6 and 7
  ・Tourist Trophy Rounds 4 and 5
  ・Group 1 Cup Rounds 4 and 5

4.Scapes
 - Added Embrace the natural beauty of Oceania in the specially featured section.

5.Brand Central
 - Renault has been added to the European Region

6.Physics Simulation
 - The operation of the DRS (Drag Reduction System) has been changed from full auto to manual overtake button operation in the following cars (*1)
  ・McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car '16
  ※1:The DRS does not operate all the time when the overtake button is activated, with the operational parameters differing for each car model.

- In the following car models, we have corrected an issue where the overtake feature does not operate properly after the battery is exhausted.
  ・NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Infiniti Concept Vision Gran Turismo

- In the following cars, the overtake feature now only operates when at full throttle(*2)。
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
  ・TOYOTA FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo
  ・NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Infiniti Concept Vision Gran Turismo
  *2: The system only operates when there is charge remaining in the battery.

7.Sport Mode
 - The Global Manufacturer Ranking has been added to the race entry details of the FIA Gran Turismo Championship Manufacturer Series. The rankings will consist of Global Manufacturer Ranking, Europe/Middle East/Africa region, North American region, Central and South Americas region, Asia region, and Oceania region, and manufacturer points will be totaled automatically for each.

8.Lobby
 - We have corrected an issue where the Dallara SF19 Super Formula could not make a race entry when the [Settings] option of the Regulations is set to [Prohibited], or when a room with [Settings] set to [Prohibited] is loaded.

9.Online Races
 - We have corrected an issue where opponents’ cars were still colliding when they are semi-transparent.

10.Livery Editor
 - We have changed the settings so that the tire stickers on the Dallara SF19 Super Formula can be changed. In addition to the standard sticker, it is possible to select from 6 tire brands. (In the 6 types, there is also a setting for no sticker label)

11.Time Trial
 - Added a [Ghost Setting] to allow the switching of the ghost display in the quick menu. It is possible to individually turn on or off the loaded ghost and your own ghost with the best time.

12.Sound
 - Environmental sounds have been adjusted on many of the tracks. Depending on the selected hour in [Select Conditions], some of the environmental sounds may change.
 - Adjusted the engine sound of the Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota ‘19
 - Corrected an issue where the music tracks would not shuffle correctly.

13.My Profile
 - Corrected an issue where the milestone would not be completed even when the campaign mode achievement is at 100%.

Other minor corrections and stability improvements have been performed.

Undocumented Changes
- An issue where the cockpit camera settings reset every time a player started the game has been fixed.
- The Rear Mesh on the Zonda R back has been fixed (Example shown Here)
- Some Camera angles when viewing a replay at the Nürburgring GP have been adjusted.
- Players can now set tire wear to x50 in a Online lobby.
- An issue where a decal would disappear after the player Opened the "Collections" tab in decals list in their library and select any decal and exit has been fixed.
- The brake lights in ALL the modern LMP1 vehicles now properly illuminate in all light conditions.
- The VW Samba Bus no longer wobbles at high speed.
- An adjustment has been made where now when you move the camera up or down in cockpit view, the camera also moves backwards or forwards depending on the camera position setting.

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update.

Now you may post.

I usually don't post in threads, but i would like to say that the dynamic exposure effect has been dialled back.
it looks more natural, atleast in HDR.
Also at Monza 8 AM setting the colours has been changed.

Please excuse my language, and probally vocabulary.

Issue where cockpit cam settings reset every time you start the game has been fixed. I assume it's the same for chase cam but would need someone to confirm as I don't use chase cam and have never adjusted it's settings.

There is no 9:45am setting at Red Bull Ring anymore. I don't know what has replaced it as I don't have a 'before' shot but here are the time of day settings available now:
upload_2019-4-23_9-37-10.jpeg

I guess this comes under 'track optimizations' but they did put that quite vaguely as to what they actually did.

Issue where cockpit cam settings reset every time you start the game has been fixed. I assume it's the same for chase cam but would need someone to confirm as I don't use chase cam and have never adjusted it's settings.

There is no 9:45am setting at Red Bull Ring anymore. I don't know what has replaced it as I don't have a 'before' shot but here are the time of day settings available now:
View attachment 816359
I guess this comes under 'track optimizations' but they did put that quite vaguely as to what they actually did.

Most of them are now two hours earlier (except from dawn and daytime).

I've never had an issue with the cockpit cam, but the chase cam......

(Insert crab rave)

Edit: They didn't fix it reading from the comments

Last edited:
So, pardon me for the questions because I'm away from my PS4:

1) Did they fix the issue with be in game soundtrack not shuffling properly and always starting on the same song when you start the game up?

2) Did they fix the pre-race loading screen where it shows your car in a panoramic shot while it's loading?

3) I saw from a status post that you can apparently put Tire lettering on the super formula cars now. Is this correct?

So, pardon me for the questions because I'm away from my PS4:

1) Did they fix the issue with be in game soundtrack not shuffling properly and always starting on the same song when you start the game up?

2) Did they fix the pre-race loading screen where it shows your car in a panoramic shot while it's loading?

3) I saw from a status post that you can apparently put Tire lettering on the super formula cars now. Is this correct?
1 and 3 are fixed, they were both in the official patch notes.

View attachment 816359
From a video on YouTube...
The timetable is completely different.
77F0A9AF-5D2A-401B-9EB8-6B73D58201AF.png

A little glitch had been fixed;
Go to Gran Turismo dealer, select any entry, go back to the entrance... then you could see the extremely stretched picture of GT1 JP package.

Not really an undocumented change though, is it? Sure its not in the initial patch notes, but it still comes directly from PD.

Ok so, I think they are starting to add motion blur type effects on the standard PS4 now. When driving a car in chase can, you’ll see the faint ghost of the car when driving at high speeds like in arcade games. But it only happens on some cars though. Maybe my TV is broken? I don’t know. The R8 Gordini, Fugu Z and TT 3.2 do it...

Back