GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.39)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 78 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented (1.39)

1. Tracks
 - The "Goodwood Motor Circuit" Has been added

2.Campaign
 - The following events have been added to “GT League”:
  ・"MINI Challenge" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Nostalgic Car Festival" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Supra Legend" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"Super Formula Championships" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"F1500 Championship" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Porsche Cup" Rounds 5

3.Scapes
 - "Editor's Choice II" has been added to the special featured section

4. Physics Simulation Model
 - The handling behavior of the cars has been adjusted.
 - The time required to perform gear shifts with a paddle shift or DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller when the transmission is set to [Manual] has been reduced.

5. Controller
 - Now compatible with the Fanatec® 7-segment display speed or gear shift.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- Shifting with a clutch has been adjusted. Players can now power shift and the gear indicator will show "#" until it changes to the selected gear. Releasing the clutch will no longer miss the gear.
- Backfire now shows up with AI cars.
- The Toyota TS050 Hybrid and Porsche 919 Hybrid have improved battery charging, most notable when coasting after braking.
- The Dallara SF19s now have proper supports around the intake area modelled.
- Online race replays (Lobbies, aily Races or FIA races) saved after Update 1.39 now show when certain cars get penalties.

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now you may post.

They have changed how shifting with a clutch works. You can now power shift (Full throttle) and the gear indicator will show "#" until it changes to the selected gear, you can then release the clutch, and it doesn't miss the gear.

I made a quick video showing it.

Last edited:
They have changed how shifting with a clutch works. You can now power shift (Full throttle) and the gear indicator will show "#" until it changes to the selected gear, you can then release the clutch, and it doesn't miss the gear.

Some Japanese people call this "Nakaya Shift"! (4:06)

Releasing the clutch will no longer miss the gear.
...you can then release the clutch, and it doesn't miss the gear.

This is not entirely true. You'll still get a miss-shift sometimes when redlining. I'm still getting them, especially when going from 3rd to 4th. Also, sometimes shifting very fast I'll still get a missed gear, again going from 3rd to 4th. Not getting any with low revs, but when they're high miss-shifts can still happen.

VBR
This is not entirely true. You'll still get a miss-shift sometimes when redlining. I'm still getting them, especially when going from 3rd to 4th. Also, sometimes shifting very fast I'll still get a missed gear, again going from 3rd to 4th. Not getting any with low revs, but when they're high miss-shifts can still happen.
As long as the gear you're trying to go into is showing on the indicator and not "#" it won't miss shift. You can still miss shift by shifting too fast. I never said you couldn't miss a shift.

I am not sure if this was also like this in earlier versions of the game, but now it seems like you could slip the clutch a whole lot more than you could before.

When I was driving in the Miata NA '89 I suddenly noticed that when I slightly pressed the clutch, it slipped instead of instant 100% clutch dump.
It's kinda hard to explain. i'll see if I can upload a video tomorrow

As stated on top, the handling physics have changed. My X2014 used to reach 380km/h / kp/h on Le Mans, while it's topping out at 365 now.
Some sections of Le Mans can't get taken full throttle anymore, because the back of the car will break out.

With the new physics, you can feel the bumps at Nürburgring a bit more.

I believe they have also adjusted the sound of the Alfa Romeo TZ2. But I might be wrong with that.

Drag racing suddenly became more interesting

What Cobra, btw? The roadster or the Daytona?

The 1966 Cobra 427. If you do like I did, and set up a five speed sequential transmission with a high top speed setting, that's when the car does the wheelie the best. Better be careful though, because if you get a lot of daylight under the tires and for too long without dropping back to the road, you'll lose control. It is INSANE and I LOVE IT!

For the folks with the Fanatec CSL Elite wheels, the speed and gears are now shown on the wheel.

Keith

Am I dreaming ?? Two big issues corrected in one update ! THANK YOU PD !

@Scuderia Paul I'm gonna need you to verify this to make sure I'm not lying.

The Toyota TS050 holds its charge much better now.

I can finish laps with 50% charge now. Before it was always 0%.

Last edited:
@Scuderia Paul I'm gonna need you to verify this to make sure I'm not lying.

The Toyota TS050 holds its charge much better now.

I can finish laps with 50% charge now. Before it was always 0%.

I drive TS050 fairly regularly. The car became more efficient in terms of charge usage before the 1.39 update. I remember always finishing on 0% as you mentioned and after one of the updates i finished the same races with around 20-30%.

They might've made the car even more efficient tho, gonna need to test it out

Back