GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.40)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 103 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented (1.40)

1. Cars
 - The following five cars have been added:
  ・Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
  ・Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
  ・Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00
  ・Toyota Sports 800 '65
  ・Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19

2. Tracks
 - The "Sardegna – Road Track" track is now available in six different layouts:
  ・Sardegna - Road Track - A
  ・Sardegna - Road Track - A II
  ・Sardegna – Road Track - B
  ・Sardegna – Road Track - B II
  ・Sardegna – Road Track - C
  ・Sardegna – Road Track - C II

3. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been are now part of "GT League:"
  ・Endurance League, X2019 Competition Endurance Series
  ・Lightweight K Cup: Rounds 4 and 5
  ・Gr. B Rallycross: Rounds 4 and 5
  ・Group 1 Cup: Rounds 6 and 7
 - “Goodwood Motor Circuit” has been added to the Circuit Experience.

4. Scapes
 - “Low-Angle – Ground Up” has been added to the special featured section.

5. Sport Mode
 - You can now watch replays of the Top 10 Stars on the leader boards and load them as Ghost Cars for your "Qualifying Time Trial" (Daily Races) and "Free Practice" (Online Championships). Please note that during matchmaking, it will not be possible to watch replays or load Ghost Cars.

6. Physics Simulation Model
 - The transmission systems for the following cars have been adjusted:
  ・Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (*1) (*2)
  ・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (*1) (*2)
  ・Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 (*1) (*2)
  ・Maserati Granturismo S '08 (*1)
  ・Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 (*2)

(*1) An explanation has been added for the default "Semi-Automatic Transmission."
 (*2) It is no longer possible to use the full "Manual Transmission" mode when using an H-pattern shifter and clutch pedal controller.

- The simulation of gear changes on cars with manual transmissions has been updated:
  ・The time required to perform gear shifts with a paddle shift when the transmission is set to [Manual] has been reduced.
  ・When quickly changing gears in full "Manual Transmission" mode, mis-shifts will occur less frequently.

- It is now more difficult to accelerate in "N" gear if certain inputs are entered.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- The penalty judgment algorithm related to shortcuts has been updated.
- Addressed the issue during rolling starts, where certain cars would drive onto the curb and perform a wheelie.
- Addressed the issue on the Fanatec® Wheel Base, where the analog sticks (on compatible wheel rims only) would not function if the Wheel Base was not updated to the latest firmware.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- GR.3 and GR.4 BOP Changed
- New rain effects have been add at Northern Isle Speedway In-Field.

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now you may post.

I think the red dot circling the track select in Arcade Mode is much slower than before. I feel like it now takes twice as long (10 sec. vs. 5 sec.)

First post updated with official patch notes. Please read those to make sure what you think is an Undocumented change isn't listed.

I just did a daily in order to bring SR up from 89. I did race A, Miata @ Tsukuba. Usually get like 4 SR points (iirc) for a 100% clean race but this time my clean race gave me 10, just maxed me out. Wonder if the formula there has been changed. Would like to see if others can report in about this.

Last edited:
5. Sport Mode
 - You can now watch replays of the Top 10 Stars on the leader boards and load them as Ghost Cars for your "Qualifying Time Trial" (Daily Races) and "Free Practice" (Online Championships). Please note that during matchmaking, it will not be possible to watch replays or load Ghost Cars.
Anyone know how to do this? Can't seem to find it on the replays?

Now I wonder if they fixed the stats that before were wrong or they changed something in those cars.

I have no idea yet. I want to test the Corvette though, because since 1.39 I barely touched it... It felt broken.

I have no idea yet. I want to test the Corvette though, because since 1.39 I barely touched it... It felt broken.
Doesn't help the fact that every car understeers mid apex now, I guess every car that before 1.39 normally understeered now has become virtually impossible to drive.

6. Physics Simulation Model
 - The transmission systems for the following cars have been adjusted:
  ・Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (*1) (*2)
  ・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (*1) (*2)
  ・Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 (*1) (*2)
  ・Maserati Granturismo S '08 (*1)
  ・Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 (*2)

(*1) An explanation has been added for the default "Semi-Automatic Transmission."
 (*2) It is no longer possible to use the full "Manual Transmission" mode when using an H-pattern shifter and clutch pedal controller.

Does it mean that i can't shift with H-shifter/clutch on the (*2) marked cars? Only paddle shifters?

Doesn't help the fact that every car understeers mid apex now, I guess every car that before 1.39 normally understeered now has become virtually impossible to drive.

They're not fun anymore. The Better was one of the cars with more understeer pre 1.39 and after it got really boring and slower through and exiting a lot of corners. And with tire wear the difference for other cars is more noticeable.

I won't test it today probably but I don't have my hopes high that they changed it.

Toyota FT1 went from 6.5 to 6.7 on top speed. :lol:

M6 went from 6.5 to 6.4.

I have screenshots if someone doubts it.
I've had the FT-1 at 6.7 since April.
But I do have the M6 at 6.5 - and it's now 6.4.
Also, I had the M6 at 4.1 for Cornering, but it's now 4.0.

I haven't done random checks on the cars and cross-checked my spreadsheet for quite some time.
It looks like I have some work to do. :ouch:

I just did a daily in order to bring SR up from 89. I did race A, Miata @ Tsukuba. Usually get like 4 SR points (iirc) for a 100% clean race but this time my clean race gave me 10, just maxed me out. Wonder if the formula there has been changed. Would like to see if others can report in about this.

As I am in the depths of SR B hell I will report on this later to see if it's better or worse than before the update.

You chose the Race A Spec Miata race to improve your SR? You’re an absolute Gangsta my friend. I love it.

:cheers:

Haven't seen anyone mention it but I feel as though the physics may have changed or the FFB for my t300rs has.
When trying out the new Sardegna tracks I happened to use the Jaguar E-Type and it had a planted feel to it. No longer did it feel like it was driving on beach balls or marshmallows. More planted and I was less scared of that thing spinning off into oblivion. Less body roll.
Something is different.

Back