GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.66)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 19 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. Cars
 - The following new car has been added.
  ・Toyota GR 86 '21

2. Lobby/Sport Mode
- Fixed an issue in which tire temperatures differences would occur in practice depending on the tire wear race settings.

Other Improvements and Adjustments

- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

Last edited:
OP has been updated with the official patchnotes. As per usual, only post about undocumented changes found in the game that haven't been mentioned in the official patchnotes. Any complaints or issues are to be taken to the specific threads listed in the OP.

Now you may post.

Last edited:
I put in earbuds and can hear the change. The old version was unique, and I thought it sounded like something from Subaru. To my ears, the new one sounds like a generic GTS Gr.3 exhaust. Baffles me why they waste resources on this.

I found something new (pretty sure anyway) When you're making a livery, a small blue dot with a ck mark appears on the left side of the screen indicating your pick of surface to apply decals to--body, hood, mirrors, etc.

Last edited:
Had a video from the Vanilla game (Basically when it first came out in 2017) loaded up and played it and then proceeded to do the lap (And listened to both with my gaming Headphones I got last year). Other then maybe a slight increase in the Turbo flutter volume and an interesting lack of gear whine (Which may have already been there in a previous update and I just now noticed it), still sounds pretty much the same. Feel like this just might be good old placebo at work, I'm curious as when was the last time either of you drove this car prior to today.

Last edited:
I found something new (pretty sure anyway) When you're making a livery, a small blue dot with a ck mark appears on the left side of the screen indicating your pick of surface to apply decals to--body, hood, mirrors, etc.
That's been there. I have tons of footage I used for some of my Livery Editor videos and that check is present.

Here's screenshot from it back in 2019:

1625786553434.png

Last edited:
The old version was unique, and I thought it sounded like something from Subaru.
Not exactly unique since it used a modified sound from the GR.B WRX but far better for sure.
To my ears, the new one sounds like a generic GTS Gr.3 exhaust. Baffles me why they waste resources on this.
Right ? Such a random car to make changes on at this stage.
Had a video from the Vanilla game (Basically when it first came out in 2017) loaded up and played it and then proceeded to do the lap (And listened to both with my gaming Headphones I got last year). Other then maybe a slight increase in the Turbo flutter volume and an interesting lack of gear whine (Which may have already been there in a previous update and I just now noticed it), still sounds pretty much the same.
Its definitely missing some of that boxer rumble now, now it feels as if they mixed the correct sound file with a GT4 file.
eel like this just might be good old placebo at work, I'm curious as when was the last time either of you drove this car prior to today.
A faw days ago thats why i noticed right away.

The SR up/down indicator is gone.
On that topic, has the penalty system changed at all? ...Literally the only thing stopping me from playing Sport again is the amount of dirty drivers with S-rank SR.

Ever since that update when they nerfed its effectiveness, the SR up/down indicator became as rare an occurrence as lightning on a sunny day.

When I began playing with update 1.66 and entered livery editor, I realized the left D-pad button was not working properly. I decided to rebuild database on my PS4 in an attempt to fix this.

Last edited:
I came out of Monza thinking I had a clean race except for one bit of contact - turns out I'd lost 16 SR..
I think its to stop people knowing what moves cause SR downs so they can't game the system.

Just for visibility;

SR up/down indicators are hidden. Sportsmanship points are still affected by incidents, but you won't know until after the race.

Contact penalties are turned off. Penalties for track limit breaches still apply.

Back