GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the cars on games have been the years the game out e.g. Forza 7 etc...

Incorrect.

SOME OF the cars on games have been the years the game out e.g. Forza 7 etc...

Correct.

It’s not a current car regardless of whatever is said, it’s a 1 year plus 4 months old.

'Current' in this context... i.e the licensing agreement that lets the teams put their 'current' cars in other games... is the only context that matters here.

AJ
@MrWaflz55 @GTRacer22 @bdj57 @Islaygaz @GRF @Spongeinside @sems4arsenal @merni14 @banckzy @sirjim73 @Tonygt5p @George Jakob @SestoScudo @TonyJZX @im_seb30 @TS040_Sparky @SlipZtrEm @GTPorsche @RACECAR @TS040_Sparky

Think I'm able to go definitive on this one:

- Teams are permitted to licence their current car to ONE game outside the main FOM licence.

- Current can be defined as a car raced in the previous 12 months, i.e. the last season and the current season.

- Non FOM licensed games may contain ONE contemporary car.

- UGC permissions around that car are entirely up to the team.

My understanding is that:

- The lack of the F1 Ferraris in GT6 was related to Ferrari's relationship with Kunos.

- The restriction with the F1 Ferraris re where and how they could be used was a Ferrari thing, not a FOM thing.

Recent history of ('current') F1 cars in non Officially Licensed FOM games:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (2007) = Ferrari F2007 (2007)
iRacing DLC (2010) = Williams FW31 (2009) [Credit @iFerrari]
Gran Turismo 5 (2011) = Ferrari F10 (2010)
Real Racing 3 DLC (2014) = Ferrari F14T (2014)
Forza Motorsport 6 (2015) = Lotus E23 (2015)
iRacing DLC (2015) = McLaren MP4-30 (2015) [Credit @iFerrari]
Assetto Corsa DLC (2016) = Ferrari SF-15T (2015) [Credit @iFerrari]
Fora Motorsport 7 (2017) = Renault R.S.17 (2017)
Assetto Corsa DLC (2017) = Ferrari SF70H (2017)
The Crew 2 (2018) = Red Bull RB13 (2017) [Credit @TheGeologist]

Question, does Simraceway count as non Officially Licensed FOM game?
I remember that It had a lot of Mclaren and Lotus Formula cars. With at least 4 to 5 being "current"
(2010 to 2014)

AJ
Incorrect.

Correct.

'Current' in this context... i.e the licensing agreement that lets the teams put their 'current' cars in other games... is the only context that matters here.

Why are you editing my replies lol wow

Question, does Simraceway count as non Officially Licensed FOM game?
I remember that It had a lot of Mclaren and Lotus Formula cars. With at least 4 to 5 being "current"
(2010 to 2014)

Yes.

Good shout. Edited and Credited. 👍

McLaren did an 'exclusive' deal with them (obviously now lapsed), to be honest it probably slipped under the FOM radar, as this was pre FOM's crusade against Race Department and Assetto mods.

Only remember 'classic' loti, no direct comp between teams.

Not the car that everyone thinks and to be fair to them, they're most likely right, that is not the car. The high nose regs ended in 2013 and the car you pointed out is a W04 which is from 2013. That image is just the storage boxes at the Merc Museum, you also notice the Penske Indy 500 winner with the Merc Illmor in it, and the 98 championship winning McLaren as well as the 96 McLaren as well. So just because again we see a structure or background in the game doesn't hint at game play.

PD did the Goodwood statues in GT6 and none of the cars on that ended up in that game....
do you see one of the silhouettes looking like that penske indy 500?????
Ps: You know PDs roadmap??
You said Quote
"So just because again we see a structure or background in the game doesn't hint at game play"
There are allot of "structure or backgrounds" that are available for gameplay.

Le Mans scapes were available before the la sarthe may update

Last edited:
Not the car that everyone thinks and to be fair to them, they're most likely right, that is not the car. The high nose regs ended in 2013 and the car you pointed out is a W04 which is from 2013.

Take another look. ;)

Just another thought on which Ford GT model we will get in this update could it be the car in question is the rare GTX1?

Ford-GTX1_mp8_pic_35458.jpg

0601_03_900-2006_Ford_GTX1_Convertible-Drivers_Side_View.jpg

I won't mind this even though had small differences with standard Ford GT. Might as well be duplicates but it is not that quite in my opinion because this one is a limited edition roadster version of the Ford GT and that is pretty cool factor actually. Still, would be better if it is GT LM Spec II to fill either Gr.3 or Gr.4 class as other wishes for.

Just another thought on which Ford GT model we will get in this update could it be the car in question is the rare GTX1?

Ford-GTX1_mp8_pic_35458.jpg

0601_03_900-2006_Ford_GTX1_Convertible-Drivers_Side_View.jpg

I won't mind this even though had small differences with standard Ford GT. Might as well be duplicates but it is not that quite in my opinion because this one is a limited edition roadster version of the Ford GT and that is pretty cool factor actually. Still, would be better if it is GT LM Spec II to fill either Gr.3 or Gr.4 class as other wishes for.
Well it would be sweet for VR at least!

I think it out was the very cool looking GTX1, PD would have the roof off the car in teaser.

I don't know could be the roof is closed in the teaser? 💡

Ford_GTX1_Prototype.jpg

Again, not expect that much for this car to get included, just speculating anyway :cheers: I would glad if it turned up as GT LM Spec II because it might have significant role as Gr.3 or Gr.4 weapon. And good memories too... :bowdown:

You're right. But sometimes it's for the better good i guess...
Crash test of a 2009 Chevy Malibu Vs a 1959 Chevy Bel Air
You can be this guy:
p7hNFhE.gif

Or... This unfortunate soul:
giphy-3-1.gif
Thank you safety regulations for saving countless lives every day
---

It just occured to me, but doesn't adding another Gr. 3 to the lineup would be a bit of a bad move? I mean, everyone already picked out their cars for the Manu Cup, and then PD decides to add another one. That might not go well with some people who already have their cars locked in

AJ
Take another look. ;)

At? I've seen the storage display, you might want to look again and point it out. The only Merc there from the current F1 team is the one I said.

do you see one of the silhouettes looking like that penske indy 500?????
Ps: You know PDs roadmap??
You said Quote
"So just because again we see a structure or background in the game doesn't hint at game play"
There are allot of "structure or backgrounds" that are available for gameplay.

Le Mans scapes were available before the la sarthe may update

Clearly you're confusing what I said. I'm talking about structures with cars in the back ground. Like the image you used, and the modeled statues from Goodwood. One of which in GT6 had a Merc F1 car. Point is you pointing that out doesn't mean anything especially when it's not the correct car to the silhouette.

And I'm using your logic, which is why I brought up all those other cars. Surely if those cars are seen there then by your thought a future silhouette should appear in the upcoming months based on those cars. I mean might as well create hype via non-connecting info.

Rather, let's use logic, because we actually have evidence that pin points game play material, like the silhouette of said car... we can then infer or at least attempt to as best possible until otherwise, that the car is the W08. Not because of some background image or because Merc aligned with Sony for an esports team.

I think F1FOUAD is talking about the car that is almost out of shot.

Oh the W06 over there or perhaps W07. It doesn't have the delta shape to it which became new design regs when the W08 came out but I'm pretty sure you knew that.

f1_w06_hybrid_studio_04-Medium.jpg

This has got to be the most depressing car update I have ever seen. Guys, I don't want to ride or play on the Hype Train anymore. Let me off the Hype Train, please. It's been nice knowing everyone. I will miss and love you guys. I love you guys so much.

(crying now)
BOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOO, BOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOO, BOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOO, WAAAAAA WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

333jpmg.gif

PS. WAAAAAA WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This has got to be the most depressing car update I have ever seen. Guys, I don't want to ride or play on the Hype Train anymore. Let me off the Hype Train, please. It's been nice knowing everyone. I will miss and love you guys. I love you guys so much.

(crying now)
BOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOO, BOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOO, BOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOO, WAAAAAA WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

333jpmg.gif

Um....................

Ok then

(crying now)

333jpmg.gif

What if It's the Mercedes F1?

(crying now)

333jpmg.gif

You are as overly dramatic as Trump is. Sickening. I hope the admins delete this quoted post on MULTIPLE violations of the ToS.

Back on topic....

I love this update. A bit of wonder with the seemingly trio of kei cars and the all new to GT S660 in tandem with a bit of mystery as to if the open wheeler is a remixed FGT or a Merc. Also love we are finally getting the 787B

With this new Formula car, what I find interesting or I guess ironic, PD have always brought the player up from slow cars to fast cars. We have a kart. We have full on Formula One cars. Nothing after kart and nothing before F1(I don't count the RB Jr. To me, it's like a Radical). Weird.

The Senna event gave us that, but even throughout the series, PD have never progressed the player in open wheelers. It's just, "Okay, you've mastered racing an Alfa MiTo. Now, HERE, get on the podium in this 1000hp land rocket!

Yeah, yeah, GTs are the core of the "GT" franchise. No doubt, I prefer tin tops over open wheelers. However, I wouldn't mind a bit of open wheel progression from here on.
Formula Ford to F4, Formula Mazda & Toyota to F3, Formula Nippon, F2. Whatever.

Would make a great outlet, for those that want to pursue an open wheel career and fans of that category in motorsport.

Gran Turismo 6 Car Sounds™

With this new Formula car, what I find interesting or I guess ironic, PD have always brought the player up from slow cars to fast cars. We have a kart. We have full on Formula One cars. Nothing after kart and nothing before F1(I don't count the RB Jr. To me, it's like a Radical). Weird.The Senna event gave us that, but even throughout the series, PD have never progressed the player in open wheelers. It's just, "Okay, you've mastered racing an Alfa MiTo. Now, HERE, get on the podium in this 1000hp land rocket.

PD always treated their "totallynotF1car" like the gold pot at the end of the rainbow its the prize for the players that spent weeks completing the game and it worked beautifully in early GTs,no internet to know the full car list then BOOM F1 car outta nowhere.I agree that it doesn't make sense to treat the open wheeler like a small prize when that sense of progression is not present in GT Sport

(crying now)

333jpmg.gif

Remember the purrrrrrtttty flowers mate! Those PURRRRRRTTTTY FLOWERS is about to bloom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, bridge, purrrrtttty bridge :D

I'm still holding out hope that they'll tweak the daily roulette wheel and allow for duplicate prize cars to be sold. And since the game is online play-and-share heavy, why not allow for players to sell/trade cars with one another under the Discover section? You'd list a car, not unlike a shared photo or livery, and the transaction would be as smooth as adding something to your collection (only credits get deducted).

I thought about this one day as I was deleting 4 out of the 5 focus rally cars I've received.

Yep. Happened to me too. It's ridiculous. Or when you get out punted, lose control, and accidently hit someone else. The list goes on..

Completely. You can add cars and make it as pretty as you want, but you can't call it the ultimate driving sim if you literally can't drive your car. Hell I got a 10 sec penalty on blue moon just bump drafting a guy. It's terrible.

So Kaz tweeted again and this time isn't related with July update but upcoming event for Audi VGT exhibition run in Japan. However...

Translated :

Screenshot_20180721-114153.jpg

I know the translation is not specifically correct. It is probably more like "the event will be held at Fuji" or similiar. But who knows this could be a possible hint for next track addition. We also get fantasy track this month (not certain yet but seems like it) so it is plausible that next track would be real one if we followed back to the monthly DLC cycle. Just prediction though not expecting this too much for now.

So Kaz tweeted again and this time isn't related with July update but upcoming event for Audi VGT exhibition run in Japan. However...

Translated :

View attachment 752773

I know the translation is not specifically correct. It is probably more like "the event will be held at Fuji" or similiar. But who knows this could be a possible hint for next track addition. We also get fantasy track this month (not certain yet but seems like it) so it is plausible that next track would be real one if we followed back to the monthly DLC cycle. Just prediction though not expecting this too much for now.

Kaz seems to be careful about the hashtags though. There was no mention of the usual granturismo and GTS hastags in the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back