GT Sport update 1.30 available

• Thread starter Racin-Rev
  • 71 comments
Yea no kidding i hope he does that only with GTS and not with EA titles for example ...

Precisely. Only GT sport and I'm not happy about it either. If the in-game economy was any good I would never need to buy microtransactions but frankly it's terrible. I'm a sucker when it comes to cars and racing games though. It's like an OCD I just have to have them. Especially when they're really interesting cars like all of the ultra expensive ones in GT sport

Precisely. Only GT sport and I'm not happy about it either. If the in-game economy was any good I would never need to buy microtransactions but frankly it's terrible. I'm a sucker when it comes to cars and racing games though. It's like an OCD I just have to have them. Especially when they're really interesting cars like all of the ultra expensive ones in GT sport
Now thats a relief with a ok-ish resson behind it.

Hopefully this is an overall stability thing and I can do an FIA race now without being booted from the lobby (first race as I passed for 2nd on a far superior tyre strategy, second as I finished qualifying, 3rd) and losing 4k DR, like my last two races.

After the update, I noticed that couldn't get any of those daily workout miles driving in lobbies.
I ran 10-12 laps on red bull ring, on a private lobby and got no miles!
Had to move to Sport mode to get them !
Same to you?

I've noticed exhaust downshift flashes are back on PS4 Pro consoles but I am not sure if this a 1.29/1.30 related update.

Edit: I was wrong :banghead:. I noticed strange flashes from my 330 doing the nostalgic race but it must be something else.

Last edited:
They will haven’t added the DLC cars from 1.29 in the Canadian PS Store.............. They don’t want my 7,98$!

They don't want my $6 either. What a bunch of idiots. Honestly. It's bad enough they make the economy of the game so bad that I'd rather spend real money than grind campaign races but now they're too incompetent to even take our money.

Hopefully this is an overall stability thing and I can do an FIA race now without being booted from the lobby (first race as I passed for 2nd on a far superior tyre strategy, second as I finished qualifying, 3rd) and losing 4k DR, like my last two races.

I've actually lost 20k twice. Once for a disconnect (the race never actually loaded) and the other for a rage quit (I learned quickly to never do that again when I saw my Dr drop from 38k to 17k).

My connection is typically great. I honestly think my disconnect was another glitch but I do hope the patch helps people avoid disconnects

Last edited:
This is why I usually don't use cell phones to post. It somehow posted my edit as a separate post.

Sorry. Please.delete

For when the fix of track limits PD?
For when the fix of all the problems in the personalized lobbies???
For when a inclusion of qualy session and single make option in personalized lobbies??

Will consider a comeback to the game with fixes like above mentioned or when sport mode gets back daily races.. (poor sport mode... Such high potential wasted in my point of view)

alp
I have noticed mine using the 330 during the nostalgic race. Didn't really check other cars & races.
Just tried ferrari 330 p4 nothing... Tried porsche 911 rsr nothing... Only zonda r and 650s gt3 have vorking flames...

Following my earlier posts, here’s the gameplay replay, watch just under halfway when I get rear ended (probably my fault) by a fellow DR: D driver who qualifies below me who had just done a FL that is way below the best Qualified lap in the EU. I have the game replay saved, there lap that got this quick time was spent a lot on the barriers with sparks flying...if anyone can tell me how to upload that lap from their POV I’d appreciate it. Something seems very off with the lap time and approaching speed. Also...did have 27secs of penalties....

Last edited by a moderator:
EU, hmm weird, it used to be the other way around that i would have to wait while it was available on the other stores...

There is nothing exclusive hiding behind the cars you can buy with real money in GTS, earn ingame money or use real money, and the cars on offer are not even the most expensive ones, comparison to EA has no place here.

I choose to support one of my favorite games with cash and get the cars i want, when i want them. And the ingame currency is saved for when a unicorn shows up that i cannot live without.
I Never did a cmparison tho in fact i said i was hoping TomBrady is using microtransactions for GTS as PD is not known for being a greedy company then i provided one example of a greedy company thats all really. At least Tom acknowledges the issues in the economy of the game unlike some who leave thair console on for god knows how many hours letting the AI do thair job and then saying the system.is perfect (Cough Fordleser).

Following my earlier posts, here’s the gameplay replay, watch just under halfway when I get rear ended (probably my fault) by a fellow DR: D driver who qualifies below me who had just done a FL that is way below the best Qualified lap in the EU. I have the game replay saved, there lap that got this quick time was spent a lot on the barriers with sparks flying...if anyone can tell me how to upload that lap from their POV I’d appreciate it. Something seems very off with the lap time and approaching speed. Also...did have 27secs of penalties....

If he had 27sec of penalties it simply sounds like he was wallriding.

You are a greedy game developers wet dream
Time is money. I value my free time at double what I make at my job (at least), I can accumulate more money, I can't make more time in the day.
Having said that, $2-$5 USD for a car that would take hours of play time to grind enough currency to purchase in game is a no brainer.
If you think that is bad precedent, then you are also complicit in supporting the "greedy game developer" scenario by buying and playing a game that puts such ridiculous in-game prices on cars to make buying them with cash (instead of time) a much more attractive option.
I don't like the situation particularly myself, but I keep two things in mind:
-development costs on AAA titles ae going up exponentially but game price points are holding, nobody wants to be the first to break that wall, so this is a workaround/alternative that is being market tested with all games. Yes it can be exploited for grees but so can anything else.
-I trust in the free market sorting this out eventually into what everyone finds most acceptable

I noticed you can have 60 characters for lobby names now instead of 20. Thank you PD

For when the fix of track limits PD?
For when the fix of all the problems in the personalized lobbies???
For when a inclusion of qualy session and single make option in personalized lobbies??

Will consider a comeback to the game with fixes like above mentioned or when sport mode gets back daily races.. (poor sport mode... Such high potential wasted in my point of view)

Most tracks have reasonable track limits that I've seen.

Red Bull Ring is the huge exception where the Red Bull Standard race there was completely ruined by people using the runoffs to gain a ton of time in turn 1.

I see we're having that race in the FIA tournament soon. I really hope that problem is fixed by then because frankly it was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been mentioned in other updates, but in lobby racing last night I noticed another drivers compound icon change as he was leaving the pits. He entered the pits on RSS and exit on RM.

Latest Posts

Back