GT Sport Update 1.56 Arrives Tomorrow, Adds Aston Martin DBR9

Disappointing.... So slow to dish out the Silvia's (No 14 or 15 so far). S13 in game doesn't drive too well and I expect the smaller engine 180sx to be inferior

Would have been 10000000000x times happier if Sport was just GT6 with a graphics/sound boost

After being loyal to the franchise since the beginning, I've lost enthusiasm

PS5 version will be my last hope... If it's a let down gonna say my thanks to PD for the good times and move on to support likely the Assetto Corsa platform

Disappointing.... So slow to dish out the Silvia's (No 14 or 15 so far). S13 in game doesn't drive too well and I expect the smaller engine 180sx to be inferior

Would have been 10000000000x times happier if Sport was just GT6 with a graphics/sound boost

After being loyal to the franchise since the beginning, I've lost enthusiasm

PS5 version will be my last hope... If it's a let down gonna say my thanks to PD for the good times and move on to support likely the Assetto Corsa platform
I've said for a long time that all PD had to do was slap Sport mode & Livery editor in to GT6 and it would have been a hit.

Why the Fiat, its pretty much a (slower) duplicate.
It would be nicer to see the Celica represented in any of its marques.
Although i agree this 500 is not a duplicate.

But thats what they are doing.

Smaller engine? The 180 SX will come with nearly 200 BHP. That's about 30 BHP more than the Silvia currently in the game.

Wasn't sure if the 180sx is going to have the CA18 (assumed) or SR20 motor in game... I really tried to like the S13 (500+ tuning miles) but couldn't come to contentment >> I presume I'll fall to the same predicament with the 180sx, although I like the looks better

All in all, in regards to GT Sport, it was the first GT that I didn't buy at release date; mainly because online reliant (no off line play) and limited tracks and cars. I had waited until they released update with FD3S RX7 to buy the game

Sport is a Beta version at best (kinda like GTprologue)... With all the other racing sims out there that offer better sound, tuneability, etc., The next GT on PS5 better bring it!!!!

It´s actually a GTE-it races at Endurance races alongside the p1s and p2s. The GT3s compete in another championship.

It is actually a GT1 car. GTE didn't exist when it was racing. GTE cars are closer related to GT2 class than they are GT1.

Regardless, it doesn't have a place in GTS but it is better suited in the Gr.3 class because the Gr.3 class already has a mixture of GT3, GTE, GT1 and GT2 machinery.

With so few cars, an added track would have been nice, but for a wind down to GT7 it's not bad. I much prefer the sleek DBR9, and missed the later Silvias.

So with the next Gran Turismo just over the horizon, when can we start wishlisting?

If that was to be the case we'd still be waiting for the game to be released. Or would you like the hundreds of PS2-era models to be ported over as-is again?

The featured cars of this update aren't my cup of tea either, but it's better than them just cutting support and going radio-silent until it's time to promote GT7.

download.jpeg

Good update. Gr3 was getting a little stale for me but now i have something new to use.

Suggestions were already bad enough
Have some examples of badness? As far as I recall, what people moped about the most was lack of communication and taking many of the good ones to heart. The Livery Editor was one that was rather high on the list, and the lobbying effort paid off.

Yeah I guess, I'd just like some variety in GR2 :D:tup:
If I wanted variety in Group 2, I'd want some DTM cars, especially since they're merged with GT500. Or even the old 4 liter V8 ones.

It is actually a GT1 car. GTE didn't exist when it was racing. GTE cars are closer related to GT2 class than they are GT1.

Regardless, it doesn't have a place in GTS but it is better suited in the Gr.3 class because the Gr.3 class already has a mixture of GT3, GTE, GT1 and GT2 machinery.
Not to mention a variety of fictional machinery, including a Beetle that looks more the part of a DTM machine and a Peugeot RCZ with the engine in the middle. I figured the DBR9 would end up in Group 3 anyway.

A part of me likes the 500 1.2 addition. I have a thing for small economy cars being thrown around tracks...
I just posted this in the Online racing thread

Some are complaining about the addition of the Fiat 500. I bet it would be fun to do an all Fiat 500 Multi-class race.

Could even do a Mini/MINI vs 500 race, using old & new cars. Endless fun.

To add about the variety in GR.2, there are. Three cars from the real GT500 series. :P

A Silvia and 180sx are very much the same car. Interior is expected to be identical. The fact that they actually updated the climate control and wheel to be correct is pretty impressive!

This 180SX has several other more than visual differences with the S13 Silvia K's Dias Selection. For one it uses an SR20DET instead of the CA18DET, it weighs a little more, has larger brakes, an LSD, amongst other changes.

Back