GT Sport Update 1.56 Arrives Tomorrow, Adds Aston Martin DBR9

It's not super inaccurate on the inside (except for the tire screeching that sounds like the tires are in the cockpit) but the exhaust and other exterior sounds is where things fall apart more. Hopefully they're not satisfied with their sound engine and improvements are in store for the next GT.

It wasn't easy, but I managed to replicate camera angle from real life Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 footage :D

I will never understand their obsession with making the sound so clean and perfect. Most of the car engine note is spot on in GTSport but they're so sterile because a lot imperfections from a real car is missing. Just listen to the downshift sound in the game and compare it to real life, it's so abrupt it doesn't even sound like you're driving a race car.

Maybe, if PD added something interesting
You have already plenty of intersting JDM's in my opinion,NSX R,Civic R,Integra R, S200,RX7 FD/FC,R32/33/34/35,22b,WRX type R STIAe86,MR2,Supra MK lV,S13,MX5/Miata etc, nearly all the important ones are here

I will never understand their obsession with making the sound so clean and perfect. Most of the car engine note is spot on in GTSport but they're so sterile because a lot imperfections from a real car is missing. Just listen to the downshift sound in the game and compare it to real life, it's so abrupt it doesn't even sound like you're driving a race car.

I agree - it's more apparent in race cars, but there isn't any studder in the transmission or drivetrain when shifting or on off throttle overrun. I'm not sure if it's a matter of obsession, or a limitation of resources alotted to sound dev.

We got such a huge leap in sound from GT5/6 to GTS - I'm hoping for the same leap on GTnext. Just like the graphics, we don't need much, just a couple details added for more immersion.

I am loving the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 so far but PD really need to sort out the shift animation. For a studio priding itself on detail and accuracy it is very poor.

Could someone tell me more about the added GT League rounds? I know which leagues they added races (FR Challenge/Gr.3/Lamborghini/X2019 Endurance), but not details like what tracks, or if any are set with rain or at night.

Could someone tell me more about the added GT League rounds? I know which leagues they added races (FR Challenge/Gr.3/Lamborghini/X2019 Endurance), but not details like what tracks, or if any are set with rain or at night.

FR Challenge Sardegna B and Laguna Seca
GR.3 Brands Hatch GP and Spa
Lamborghini La Sarthe and Nordschleife
X2019 Interlagos

All races above are dry and daylight.

Spa race starts with the planes right above you. So busy watching them at the start of my first attempt that I went straight into the wall :lol::lol:

Last edited:
This is an amazing side by side, excellent work! Thank you for taking the time to put this together. How were you able to replicate the camera angle for your VR footage?
I used my chair as tripod :)

upload_2020-3-7_0-25-3.png

Assuming you have a Pro and or capture card, recently got the PSVR and my footage looks like an old 240p video.

Sidenote, next GT is full VR or nothing for me.

No capture card; just double-tap the share button to start recording footage. Double-tap again to stop recording. Files automatically save to your capture gallery. Edit in Sharefactory, which should already be downloaded on your PS (I think). I do have a PS4P though.

I'd be dissapointed if we didn't at least get the full single player experience in VR on GTnext. Online VR would just be the icing on the cake.

I've been working through the new GT League events.

Has anyone tried the Lamborghini race at Nordschleife yet? That race is a nightmare. :banghead:

Not my best course to drive admittedly, but the leading rabbit is soooooo far ahead and trying to pass 14 ridiculously wide Lamborghini cars on a narrow twisty circuit is holding me up for much of the lap, giving me very little time at the end to catch the rabbit... :ouch:

Players bring up the DBR9 and F1 in JGTC. How about the Diablo? I already know its performance. Anyway, that's a car that is in past GTs. A cool premium car to debut, before the next game.

I've been working through the new GT League events.

Has anyone tried the Lamborghini race at Nordschleife yet? That race is a nightmare. :banghead:

Not my best course to drive admittedly, but the leading rabbit is soooooo far ahead and trying to pass 14 ridiculously wide Lamborghini cars on a narrow twisty circuit is holding me up for much of the lap, giving me very little time at the end to catch the rabbit... :ouch:

I used an Aventador SV in its base setting and SS tires and it was a breeze.

The smaller Huracan should even make it easier to pass through those large cows.

As I said I did it first go in a HSG tuned (I think?) Huracan n600 max weight loss. It really depends on how awesome you are at the "Ring... that's it.

I also think that just about any race at the 'Ring especially on the low track lap option (ie. "overtake 16 cars in 2 laps") is that you need to know the circuit like the back of your hand, go max warp but dont go off much.... AND use the Glengary Glen Ross philosophy.... "ABC" - 'always be closing'.

You need to be fast enough and you need to know the track well enough that you car overtake cleanly... OR get into a position where you're overtaking a huge mass of cars on the main straight when you're in 7th and slipstreaming.

If you're not fast enough to get into a position when you're always overtaking then you can see where the problem is.

I had my ass kicked for years in the terrible hard level seasonals where its LMP1 cars in rain on a 5 lap race on the "Ring....

Both new Lamborghini races won with the clean race bonus, driving an N300 Miura with Sports Softs, a MFT setup and an extremely scruffy performance on the Nürburgring. The leading Huracan was way beyond useless in the twisties after the Karussell, brake checking me hard at least four times in what would normally be full throttle sections.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gts...allery/all/replay/5223160/5981370747188150296
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gts...allery/all/replay/5223160/5981370757925568536

I just finished the x2019 Interlagos endurance. What a crap show. I know most people dont like the enduro events and the x2019s are even less attractive. Roll into that the fact that Interlagos is generally not as well regarded as other tracks I can see why people avoid this. Its also 36 damn laps!

So I had some time to kill after work so I gave it a go. I used the same crappy car I always use... now upwards of 2,000km on the clock HSG tune, Le Mans setup with 330km/h final drive. I raised the aero to max since this track obviously needs downforce. The high drive helps with tows.

I started with RS tyres which is a bit of mistake as they do wear a bit and they run out before your fuel does. I did something like 12 laps but I pitted early and went with RH. My times did not fall much. I think 1'22" seems to be about my speed.

In theory if you do 12 laps per stint you can do just two pits if you're economical.

I shifted early to save fuel and to reduce wheelspin. The opposition wasnt too great. I think when I'm flying 1'22" they cant seem to keep up ie. almost as much as 3 to 4 secs slower.

I experiment with FM6 and they were ontop of me. You're like a GP2 car in an F1 field.

I got lead about mid point ie. 18 laps in. I was able to always keep ahead except when I pitted. The opposition seems to also do bad pitstops. I swear some of them pitted and put on new tyres, didnt take on fuel. Then a few laps later they pitted for fuel (???) - I dont get it.

Anyway I did FM1 all the way to the 33 lap or so. Then I did FM3/4 on the track FM1 on straights and pulled it in with something like 15-20 secs over 2nd place.

The key to all these x2019 events is to find where you can set the car up in corners so you can just steer and use downforce and no brakes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Please polyphony no more x2019 endurance events.

Back