GT Sport Update 1.57 Arrives

There's also the possibility that there will be a benefit in FIA style fuel burning to lower the weight before attempting a fast lap, stop for tyres and a splash of fuel, repeat.

If that is true then I'm not doing Race C anymore. I thought they would disable fuel consumption for FIA quali so we could push as hard as possible.

If that is true then I'm not doing Race C anymore. I thought they would disable fuel consumption for FIA quali so we could push as hard as possible.

This fuel burning stuff is ridiculous - it should be possible to adjust how much fuel you want for qualifying - if not, then you will have to spend 5 minutes circling the track with half brake pressed on 1st gear until you gain some weight reduction ....

I don’t think that’s what they intend to do. It would be detrimental to C races just like pre patch FIA quali.
Edit: @ststav01 as you mentioned being able to adjust fuel load would be the best option. That would fix fuel burning issues, still be representative of potential race pace, while allowing us to practice with wear and weight changes.

Also holy heck, the Huracan GT3 doesn't try to kill you as often now, Viper turns in better (but is probably still irrelevant due to BOP), and tire wear on FF Gr. 4 car is still 🤬 (at least with RCZ).

Have you tried the R8, by any chance?

I'm going to have to test it on Sunday, anyway. As the fuel consumption changes may very well mean I need to adjust the starting fuel load for the Bridgestone races.

I hope the update will positively affect the Gr. 3 WRX and make it more competitive. But it's unlikely. It's my favourite Gr.3 car. Feels so light and is very agile but it just gets eaten up on the straights. Such a shame. Also, I think we've been putting too much hope in this update. I think the changes are going to be quite minor and/or insignificant.

I was speculating. We'll have to wait to see what changes (if anything) next week. I too would like to see the end of fuel burning.

What about starting the race with what fuel you have left over from qualifying? Maybe tyres too?

That would definitely shake up the strategy and grid order, I suppose adds an extra dimension to the racing. Of course, not everyone would like that!

My old sense don’t detect any changes to the handling of the cars I just tested - GRP3 AMG & Lambo, GRP4 Alfa.

Ran them in the daily qualifying sessions, against ghosts from pre update... times are the same and they feel the same to me... maybe someone of a higher skill level will be able to detect something, but there’s nothing significant IMO.

No changes to the stock settings either - still ridiculously high (and unrealistic) rear positive toe, front negative toe, and an overly tight LSD (both accel & decel).

Alrighty, just did 2 hours of testing various combos used recently in FIA:
- 650S Gr.3 @ Barcelona (Manu R10)
- 650S Gr.4 @ Laguna (Manu R9)
- GT-R Gr.2 '08 @ Spa (Nations R7)

The Gr.3 car definitely is easiest to feel changes. Straightaway on first corner I locked up the brakes (BB -5) despite having ABS on Default! Weight transfer feels a lot more pronounced. The chronic understeer is gone and the front end bites better into the corners now. Also the weird low speed oversteer with MR cars is much reduced. On the other hand, riding kerbs is a lot more difficult now (possibly side effect of the more sensitive weight transfer) - I almost lost the car in that uphill chicane before Campsa and the final chicane. From my fuzzy memory this is a lot closer to how the cars drive last year before the "understeer" patch.

Gr.4 and Gr.2, it's harder to feel changes. I would say the general trends are similar to above, but if you hadn't told me there's an update I probably wouldn't have noticed. These combos are also lot older than the Gr.3 one so I can't say for certain I still remember the handling nuances of the previous physics.

Fuel consumption wise, I didn't notice any difference. With the same shifting pattern I'm still hitting the target consumption as per my notes for the races.

FF tyre wear - I tested at Bathurst online lobby with 50x wear on RSS tyres. Previously the RCZ Gr.4 fronts are down to 30% after 1 lap, now it's only down to 40%. It's a small change so FF cars won't become OP overnight, but hopefully enough to not make them totally useless in high wear races (Tidgney, time to go back to Audi :lol:).

Also tested driving in the rain (650S Gr.3 @ RBR, Manu R3). From corner entry to apex you can feel grip a lot better now, but accelerating on corner exits is still like treading on eggshells. Still a far cry from ACC rain simulation.

Also tested Lewis Hamilton challenges. The chronic understeer on throttle is GONE folks! I beat my previous best at Suzuka by 0.2 secs and matched my Bathurst time on first try in a messy lap :D Also tried Brands and Willow, but those are still difficult even with the reduced understeer. Also the car is a lot more unstable under braking now, especially when braking with some steering angle and/or over bumpy road (which Brands/Willow has plenty of). So I guess it's easier one way, but harder in another. But at least I believe with practice LH is within striking distance now.

Tuning wise, I tried the new Fiat @ Brands TT. Reverse rake setup seems to be not as good at eliminating understeer anymore. But I'm not an expert at tuning so don't take my word for it.

Slipstream - haven't tested. Will need full race conditions to understand this (also whether they reduced the dirty air effect). But seeing pantherjag's video above gave me hope 👍

Penalties - who knows if they changed anything or it's another stealth update again.

New Supra - haven't driven yet. Only one new colour (that aqua shade with black rims). More power and 10kg more weight. Can still fit into N300 when detuned. Ride height is 3mm lower and LSD are 5 clicks higher all round. Everything else is the same.

The next set of FIA races are still not up as I post this. It's gonna be a busy night of testing tomorrow for some folks :lol:

Looking forward to hearing others opinions, especially those much more talented than I am ;)

PD: Look here i give to you the brand new 20' Supra in the new update!!!!!!
Me: I have the '19 model and if i want i can to tune it and match the '20 model...
PD: No you must buy the new model!!!!!
Me: LOL OMG .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(All these above are for car only reaction)

Based on my complete of skill and knowledge, I tried the Gr.3 Nissans at the current daily combos. Fuji isn't the best track for the Gr.3 regardless but I definitely noticed less understeer at low speeds. Gr.4 felt pretty much the same, but again I can't really push on the track because I don't know it so well and the walls are right there if you go too far.

This is a copy and paste from my post in the daily race discussion thread.

Since the update Daily Race C now shows under the race rules that there is fuel consumption and tyre wear for qualifying. However that doesn't seem to be true as 30 seconds of spinning my rear tyres shows no tyre wear, and the fuel map isn't available either.

My guess is that this feature is now in the game but won't take effect until next week to save having to wipe this weeks leaderboards.

This could be an interesting change as you can no longer run continuous hotlaps until you eventually hook up a solid lap as you'll need to stop for fresh tyres. This may see a change in who sets faster qualifying laps.

There's also the possibility that there will be a benefit in FIA style fuel burning to lower the weight before attempting a fast lap, stop for tyres and a splash of fuel, repeat.

All a bit of speculation as the feature doesn't seem live yet, but will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think this will only apply to races that have an actual qualifier session.
So daily races might be left out. Only applying to FIA races and supra cup.

I'm surprised they still haven't released the FIA schedule

Edit: just stumbled upon this while looking through the last FIA schedule, looks like Fuel & tires could be different for quali vs race. Not sure how I feel about that.

2020-04-23_8-24-24.png

Last edited:
Yeah I realized that after I attached the image, was waiting for someone to call me out :lol:.

I'm mostly surprised because I don't know how that helps the quali issues.
If PD are smart, they'll make it no wear for both in qualifying to avoid the meta fuel burn strategies.

What a disappointing update, I understand the fact that pd is working on a new GT game for ps5 But that being said we know that ps5 can play ps4 game with even ps5 boost mode. I Feel that GT sport shoud Continue supporting this game for a bit more time, and acc coming to consol in June it will hit them hard. Also with The amount of players that have gained in the last few months they shoud build on this, I am not asking For free updates every month but at least a track every 3 months and A minimum of three cars Every 2 months and just even add wet to more tracks in the game can help and shoud not be a lot of work to do for the team.

I have bin a player of GT game from ps1 days Please pd Listen to your community

Has anyone noticed a change in the slipstream ? Is it weaker now ?

I've been running Race C right before the update and after.
Should have a pretty good comparison - running the same car at the limit (my limit)
No handling change at all in the Toyota 86. (Which is fine)
Slipstream feels like it is only about 70% of what it was. Which I like.

Oh the video. Will watch and see about my estimate.
Why no english???:confused: Borderline incomprehensible for non-native speakers.

Edit: Ah, now I get it: Slipstream is now SLAPstream

Last edited:
Back