GT Sport Video Shows Off Improved Photomode and Scapes

It's pretty jarring to spot Le Mans race cars on public/inner city streets. Still cool that you can actually make it happen though!

It's pretty jarring to spot Le Mans race cars on public/inner city streets. Still cool that you can actually make it happen though!

Like this? :)

porsche-919-london-011.jpg

The Scape is a really nice feature.

Can you place multiple cars in the Scape feature? Like 10 different cars or more.

It would be really nice if you can open the car doors to take pictures. Or have a female of male driver of your choice to stand next to your favorite car.

@ExoticMachines You can have multiple cars in the same scape.

Open doors and bonets highly unlikely. Female or male drivers too. If we'll be able to put a driver next to a car as in past GTs, we don't know yet - doesn't look like we will.

The last few weeks have been all about the driving due to closed Beta. As the article says, "The GT6 Photo Mode section of our site was one of the busiest sub-forums for that game" so not everyone shares your disinterest in news about Photomode/Scapes.

I think he's not complaining. :)

I wonder what size is the picture? Be nice if the size is big like a movie poster size. Which is 37" x 26".

Would love to print these Scape pictures and frame them but worry about the resolution quality. May not be good enough resolution for printing these scape pictures.

I wonder what size is the picture? Be nice if the size is big like a movie poster size. Which is 37" x 26".

Would love to print these Scape pictures and frame them but worry about the resolution quality. May not be good enough resolution for printing these scape pictures.
That's my fear. The PS4 Share option screenshots are really crap quality. Lots of compression. I'm hoping PD implemented saving pictures like they have before, where pictures can be exported from the game directly to the gallery instead of having to use the Share button. That way, we'll have high res pictures and they won't be compressed or have extreme amounts of jaggies.

That's my fear. The PS4 Share option screenshots are really crap quality. Lots of compression. I'm hoping PD implemented saving pictures like they have before, where pictures can be exported from the game directly to the gallery instead of having to use the Share button. That way, we'll have high res pictures and they won't be compressed or have extreme amounts of jaggies.
You can change the file format to PNG, which gets rid of a lot of the artefacts.

Also, SCAPES, I NEED IT NOW

Holy moly there's WAY more in there than I expected. So bloody hyped!

EDIT: So many beautiful locations... man I cannot wait for this.

You can change the file format to PNG, which gets rid of a lot of the artefacts.

Also, SCAPES, I NEED IT NOW

Holy moly there's WAY more in there than I expected. So bloody hyped!
I know, but they're still pretty bad IMO. My screenshots from Driveclub are not nearly as clear as photos I've taken on GT6.

Just waiting for some footage of what the interface is like when your taking photos of the inside of the vehicle.

Had forgotten about that, but looking at the video I'm not seeing an option where we could possibly switch views.

Another thing I'm wondering is that twice now I've seen the "3 cars" limit. While it seems sensible that the amount of cars possible is dictated by the background framing/available space, I wonder if this will still be possible or if there are now limitations:

dsc_0083_fotor1.jpg

dsc_0095_fotor1.jpg

I noticed you can't move the camera in °360 Direction...that's worrying me a bit since I always loved the idea of exploring the Photo Travel with people, cars and animal moving around...etc.

This one feels like they took some pictures of a car with greenscreen at the back then added in the background.

I know, but they're still pretty bad IMO. My screenshots from Driveclub are not nearly as clear as photos I've taken on GT6.

Do you share them directly to social media or export to a USB and take it from there?

I noticed you can't move the camera in °360 Direction...that's worrying me a bit since I always loved the idea of exploring the Photo Travel with people, cars and animal moving around...etc.

This one feels like they took some pictures of a car with greenscreen at the back then added in the background.

Yep. Raised that point on May last year.

2- Inside the Scenes, it looked like we will only be able to move along the Z axis, rotate and zoom. As if we had a fixed tripod and a 360º camera with a zoom lens. I honestly hope this isn't true. Kaz said the scenes have spacial data besides lighning data so I hope we can move around freely (I'm not very optimistic though).

This would mean that every shot ever taken inside Scenes would be taken from the exact same point in space, meaning they would be easily reprduced/copied and the originality and creativity wouldn't be as abundant as in previous games. 1000 scenes is awesome but if we're taking all the pictures from the same exact position in 3D space, that's annoying. At least to me.

__

From what we've seen, we can not move "inside" scapes. At least the ones based on real places (which is understandaple because they're based on photographs and any move outisde the point from where the photo was taken would mean we would get distorted shots).

We haven't seen footage of the 3D rendered ones (like the garage) or the mixed ones (like the gas station).

I believe PD have stated that photos, even on the standard PS4 will be able to be rendered and saved at 4k or above.

https://sonyreconsidered.com/gran-turismo-sport-will-be-able-to-output-photos-in-4k-7d051640620a

Back