GT Sport Video Shows Off Improved Photomode and Scapes

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 28, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Scape scapes scapes. yes, forget driving.. :)

3. marcvic

marcvic Premium

It's pretty jarring to spot Le Mans race cars on public/inner city streets. Still cool that you can actually make it happen though!

ProjectF likes this.
  4. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Like this? :)

[​IMG]

5. TaSiMa

TaSiMa

Still three months to October ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Are we just stating time frames for no reason? If so it's 10 hours till Saturday, 7 days till Friday, 4 months till 2018.

7. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

I thought that was a scape there. @zzz_pt

8. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

@imported_rik19 Sorry mate. Just showing that Le Mans cars have been seen in city centers. ^^ Having these 2 Porshes in the game would be nice though.

imported_rik19 likes this.
  9. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

The Scape is a really nice feature.

Can you place multiple cars in the Scape feature? Like 10 different cars or more.

It would be really nice if you can open the car doors to take pictures. Or have a female of male driver of your choice to stand next to your favorite car.

10. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

@ExoticMachines You can have multiple cars in the same scape.

Open doors and bonets highly unlikely. Female or male drivers too. If we'll be able to put a driver next to a car as in past GTs, we don't know yet - doesn't look like we will.

ExoticMachines likes this.
  11. synon

synon

Deleted.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  12. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

I think he's not complaining. :)

13. synon

synon

My bad :D

Apologies @imported_rik19 :guilty:

14. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

I wonder what size is the picture? Be nice if the size is big like a movie poster size. Which is 37" x 26".

Would love to print these Scape pictures and frame them but worry about the resolution quality. May not be good enough resolution for printing these scape pictures.

15. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

That's my fear. The PS4 Share option screenshots are really crap quality. Lots of compression. I'm hoping PD implemented saving pictures like they have before, where pictures can be exported from the game directly to the gallery instead of having to use the Share button. That way, we'll have high res pictures and they won't be compressed or have extreme amounts of jaggies.

16. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

You can change the file format to PNG, which gets rid of a lot of the artefacts.

Also, SCAPES, I NEED IT NOW

Holy moly there's WAY more in there than I expected. So bloody hyped!

EDIT: So many beautiful locations... man I cannot wait for this.

17. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

I know, but they're still pretty bad IMO. My screenshots from Driveclub are not nearly as clear as photos I've taken on GT6.

18. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

Hmm. Well at the very least they're decent enough I think.

19. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

Is this picture from GT Sport or a real picture taken with real cars?

20. Chameleon

Chameleon Premium

We have seen some footage of someone "exporting" their pictures to the hard-drive, instead of just taking a share screenshot. Hopefully that will be the golden ticket.

imported_rik19, marcvic and GTRacer22 like this.
  21. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

Saving this for later. When GT Sport comes out I want to see if I can replicate this.

22. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

I know I'm late but.....

1t8zdb.jpg

23. WyldAnimal

WyldAnimal

GT5 and GT6 had a 3D export mode.
    I'm hoping that this will still be an Option in GT Sport.

24. marcvic

marcvic Premium

Just waiting for some footage of what the interface is like when your taking photos of the inside of the vehicle.

cutmeamango and zzz_pt like this.
  25. cutmeamango

cutmeamango

Had forgotten about that, but looking at the video I'm not seeing an option where we could possibly switch views.

Another thing I'm wondering is that twice now I've seen the "3 cars" limit. While it seems sensible that the amount of cars possible is dictated by the background framing/available space, I wonder if this will still be possible or if there are now limitations:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. ToyGTone

ToyGTone Premium

I noticed you can't move the camera in °360 Direction...that's worrying me a bit since I always loved the idea of exploring the Photo Travel with people, cars and animal moving around...etc.

This one feels like they took some pictures of a car with greenscreen at the back then added in the background.

Nissan_S14 likes this.
  27. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Do you share them directly to social media or export to a USB and take it from there?

28. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Yep. Raised that point on May last year.

2- Inside the Scenes, it looked like we will only be able to move along the Z axis, rotate and zoom. As if we had a fixed tripod and a 360º camera with a zoom lens. I honestly hope this isn't true. Kaz said the scenes have spacial data besides lighning data so I hope we can move around freely (I'm not very optimistic though).

This would mean that every shot ever taken inside Scenes would be taken from the exact same point in space, meaning they would be easily reprduced/copied and the originality and creativity wouldn't be as abundant as in previous games. 1000 scenes is awesome but if we're taking all the pictures from the same exact position in 3D space, that's annoying. At least to me.

__

From what we've seen, we can not move "inside" scapes. At least the ones based on real places (which is understandaple because they're based on photographs and any move outisde the point from where the photo was taken would mean we would get distorted shots).

We haven't seen footage of the 3D rendered ones (like the garage) or the mixed ones (like the gas station).

29. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

I export them to a USB stick.

30. ZRO

ZRO

I believe PD have stated that photos, even on the standard PS4 will be able to be rendered and saved at 4k or above.

https://sonyreconsidered.com/gran-turismo-sport-will-be-able-to-output-photos-in-4k-7d051640620a

azeeza and AgentBlackDog like this.