GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
Utterly and completely incorrect.

The DA2400ES is able to run with 7. multichannel LPCM feeds, which means it take the 7.1 LPCM signal (which my PS4 is set to push out direct from the source material) directly from the PS4, it does not process it at all and feeds the original source mix straight to my speakers (and tactile unit).

It quite literally can not get any clearer, its a direct path from the audio on the source material to the speakers, its the very point of having the ability to deal with multi-channel LPCM!

Screenshot_2017-05-01-22-51-37.png
Screenshot_2017-05-01-22-50-39.png
_20170501_225225.JPG

How did you do your workaround and get your PS4 send LPCM over 48kHz? Without going over it your amplifier will kick between signal and do its own magic to it, adjusting levels adding extras etc.

Just like your headset is, and neither of them are able to deal with multi-channel LPCM or HD audio formats.

DD5.1 native is just fine, better than modified LPCM.

My Sony allows the direct source material to be listened to at the highest bit-rates available on the home market.

Only direct source what you can pass thru on that is analog audio via "multi channel input" with RCA cords. Or getting over 48kHz LPCM working thru it.

What you like most in car racing game, choose only one of the options and the game that matches your choice in question:
1) Graphics
2) Sounds
3) Physics
4) FFB
5) Immersion
6) Driving

5) = PCars

.......... choose only one of the options and the game that matches your choice.......

I can't. For me a great sim racing game is a combination of all 6 points and singling out just one item that I like the most isn't easy at all, it's probably impossible. :(

Sound, graphics, physics and FFB are all part of the overall immersion. So, on that basis immersion (5) is the most important aspect and the one that I like the most.

I can't. For me a great sim racing game is a combination of all 6 points and singling out just one item that I like the most isn't easy at all, it's probably impossible. :(

Sound, graphics, physics and FFB are all part of the overall immersion. So, on that basis immersion (5) is the most important aspect and the one that I like the most.

For me also all the important options are almost impossible to choose just one option but let's be realistic, among all the current games that I know none of them have all the options, maybe a maximum of 2 or 3 options, depending on how much you love your game. I am doing this poll only with the intention of knowing each one of you better, I know that my English is bad but please do not get me wrong.
Wow! I almost lost the point, in your opinion which is the most immersive game
Thank you for participating

Last edited:
Here's a cinematic (non in-car) replay comparison between PCars and GTS in no particular order, if replays are interesting to you. Nothing fancy, just edited for length.

Both 2 laps at Brands Hatch GP, cloudy skies, morning time of day, GT3 class, 20 cars with mid pack grid start. 50% and intermediate difficulty respectively.

View attachment 644685 View attachment 644686 View attachment 644688

How did you do your workaround and get your PS4 send LPCM over 48kHz? Without going over it your amplifier will kick between signal and do its own magic to it, adjusting levels adding extras etc.

DD5.1 native is just fine, better than modified LPCM.

Only direct source what you can pass thru on that is analog audio via "multi channel input" with RCA cords. Or getting over 48kHz LPCM working thru it.
My reciever, running a direct LPCM feed from my PS4 right now.

IMG_20170501_222735.jpg

Not an encoded signal, but a direct LPCM feed.

Now stop misreading a manual for a product you don't own, on a subject you are clearly unfamiliar with and stop making things up.

The page you have shown isn't even about Multi Channel LPCM inputs, it's about stereo input being turned into a multi channel effect.

Jabbering on about RCA cables also indicates you have no idea what you are talking about, as the do not have the bandwidth for LPCM feeds, as page 60 that I have put up clearly shows. You need HDMI for that.

Nor do I need to force the PS4 to send audio at above 48khz, HDMI 1.3 and above supports up to 192khz. Even the PS3 can manage that without issue.

See page 91 and 92 for the rather clear proof that it's not set to use AFD to convert anything, as the LPCM light would not be on, one of the AFD conversation types would be.

See also the first part of page 61 with clearly states the sound fields will not be used is multi channel LPCM is been input via HDMI.

And no DD 5.1 is not better than a multi channel LPCM feed, DD5.1 is a compressed lossy format. It was replaced by HD audio formats and multi channel LPCM for a reason.

Oh and just to show it's actually my PS4 running.

IMG_20170501_223732.jpg

Now please stop this, as I'm going to start treating it as what it now has become, you trolling a topic you have no idea about.

Last edited:
Have zero hands on experience with RaceRoom, but that game sounds like its devs might be at the forefront of replicating a true race car. Not only does the car sound better, but you can hear all sorts of faint details like small debris bouncing off the under carriage, or how the chassis bumps over rumble strips.

Don't want to get off topic but i'm
fortunate to own RaceRoom and to be honest the sound is a real benchmark that can't be matched by so many racing games. Would probably guess it is so because it is the home of motorsport series like DTM, ADAC GT Masters, and the WTCC.
And as you said you hear all details. Here is another example. It is by no mean a comparison but it is good to know how things sound in other racing games. GT Sport will definitely get better and better till it is released and that's for sure.

RaceRoom has the best sound, do you agree?
GTS has the best graphics (replays), do you agree?
PCars has the best immersion, do you agree?
AC has the best FFB, do you agree?
Forza has the best Gameplay, do you agree?
RFactor has the best Physics, do you agree?
IRacing has the best online racing system, do you agree?

Here's a cinematic (non in-car) replay comparison between PCars and GTS in no particular order, if replays are interesting to you. Nothing fancy, just edited for length.

Both 2 laps at Brands Hatch GP, cloudy skies, morning time of day, GT3 class, 20 cars with mid pack grid start. 50% and intermediate difficulty respectively.

The detail in the graphics and sound in GTS is super impressive, especiallg when put side by side with Pcars like that. PCars sounded very flat with one engine note, where you could hear all the different engine sounds from all the cars. It is beautiful. Im looking forward to playing it through my sound system for real when I get a chance to play the game!

The detail in the graphics and sound in GTS is super impressive, especiallg when put side by side with Pcars like that. PCars sounded very flat with one engine note, where you could hear all the different engine sounds from all the cars. It is beautiful. Im looking forward to playing it through my sound system for real when I get a chance to play the game!
I have to say I don't have any real issue with picking out different engine notes in the Pcars replay at all, the AMG in particular stands out from the more muted flat-6s of the 911's.

If anything the plus points I would give the two are that PCars has slightly more accurate audio in that regard, but GTS uses spacial placement better, in particularly with regard to Doppler effects.

Just have to say. Sound set to large theater is incredible (in GT6). And with cheap headphones, so good. It doesn't transform anything, but the way the sound is produced makes it FEEL realistic. I think that's what Kaz was talking about. The sound reproduction is advanced in this area. Hopefully, they're able to do as well with GTS. We know the car sounds are going in the right direction.

Edit -

One minor example

Right now I'm doing quick match at Mid-field and cars zooming past the finish line sound intense. I've always used small theater, but large theater is a different monster.

PS3 audio settings are default, except for DTS 5.1.

Check it out. Start finish line, large theater, stereo / 2-speaker, headphones. This doesn't mean I think everything is amazing through simply thinking this aspect is amazing.

Edit 2 - just deleted a little mis-steak I made. It was no biggie.

Last edited:
Damn! RaceRoom sounds excellent.

Does anyone know how taxing complex sounds like RaceRoom are on the cpu (does the cpu even do these calculation? I read somewhere that ps4 has a dedicated sound processor).

GTS visuals and RR sounds, what a combo.

Just have to say. Sound set to large theater is incredible (in GT6). And with cheap headphones, so good. It doesn't transform anything, but the way the sound is produced makes it FEEL realistic. I think that's what Kaz was talking about. The sound reproduction is advanced in this area. Hopefully, they're able to do as well with GTS. We know the car sounds are going in the right direction.

Edit -

One minor example

Right now I'm doing quick match at Mid-field and cars zooming past the finish line sound intense. I've always used small theater, but large theater is a different monster.

PS3 audio settings are default, except for DTS 5.1.

Check it out. Start finish line, large theater, stereo / 2-speaker, headphones. This doesn't mean I think everything is amazing through simply thinking this aspect is amazing.

Oh yeah. Set the race sound effects to 60 and use the TV to adjust the volume after that.

Increase volume for sound effect to 120, 60 is too quiet :lol:

Increase volume for sound effect to 120, 60 is too quiet :lol:
I mixed it up. The bgm is too soft so that needs to be a lot higher than the sound effects. I forgot to adjust the sound effects after muting the bgm. So yeah, in order to hear the music clearly enough, I had to set the sound effects to half that of the bgm ; with the personal bgm volume at 120 and the race bgm at 120, sound effects were at 60 to have it balanced. Good catch, brohan.

It this what it takes for Raceroom to be mentioned within the main area of the of this forum? It's still very relevant and receiving regular content updates (650S GT3 was released a while back)!

Raceroom Experience deserves way more exposure on this forum. It is really under appreciated on here. It is by far one of the best sims out here - Especially when it comes to racing on your own or with the AI.

Here is some footage a recorded around this time last year

Excluding the damage model (its pretty rubbish). IMO this is one of, if not the most authentic sim out there!

Edit - Actually I'd say Project Cars is up there with the best of them too. That sim is a very good all rounder. It has a great damage and weather model. Nothing else comes close at the moment.

Last edited:
What you like most in car racing game, choose only one of the options and the game that matches your choice in question:
1) Graphics
2) Sounds
3) Physics
4) FFB
5) Immersion
6) Driving
I would say a balance between everything, but if I have to choose one, it would be "Immersion" because I think it is something that cumulates everything (and so, a balance). And so would put it as number 6, not 5.

About what game does better each thing, I might say:

1. Graphics: pCARS as it is both "light" and awesome for what I could see on videos (not owned);

2. Sounds: Automobilista & RaceRoom Experience, each in their ways (both not owned), but sincerely surprised that Gran Turismo is getting somehow closer to reality (I think M6 GT3 is pretty close), though PD keep trashing a bit the final result. Assetto Corsa really good, pCARS sounds partially fake and rFactor 2 simply can't stand a chance apart for few mods;

3. Physics: rFactor 2, and no one can discuss about this. The weight and importance of the maths this simulator computes are not closely compared to any of the other games. The only 2 that gets "not-that-close" are Automobilista and Assetto Corsa. But pure physic not necessarely means realism, and I'm one of those that thinks rF2 is not that "best" in terms of reality as the cars feel too slippery, even professional mods;

4. FFB: I would say Assetto Corsa, but not tested interesting games like Automobilista. So I might be wrong;

5. Driving: Assetto Corsa. As I said above, rFactor 2 having best physic doesn't mean the best "driving" experience, and as I said there the cars feels too slippery. Like driving with Bias-ply tires even in modern cars, with lot of information but low grip. But it is said about Automobilista, although being based on a updated version of ISImotor 2.0, Reiza changed it to "fix" this problem first and then step to a real physic engine update to try catch ISI (now Studio 397);

6. Immersion: So, the balance out of overall Graphic + Sound + Physic + FFB + Driving... I might have to say still Assetto Corsa. But have to say, Assetto Corsa is missing the day-night cycle along with the rain. And these are things that Automobilista got, so at the end this latter one might give the Kunos title a real challenge depending on the kind of immersion a driver wants. Personally, being an endurance simdriver, I would select for this final one Automobilista as winner, but not actually owning it not gives me the chance to evaluate correctly, so atm I keep my Assetto Corsa pick.

P.S.: I'm probably gonna purchase Automobilista with the next Steam sale, so that I can "close the gap". Also gonna get Gran Turismo Sport when it will come out.

It this what it takes for Raceroom to be mentioned within the main area of the of this forum? It's still very relevant and receiving regular content updates (650S GT3 was released a while back)!

Raceroom Experience deserves way more exposure on this forum. It is really under appreciated on here. It is by far one of the best sims out here - Especially when it comes to racing on your own or with the AI.

Excluding the damage model (its pretty rubbish). IMO this is one of, if not the most authentic sim out there!

Edit - Actually I'd say Project Cars is up there with the best of them too. That sim is a very good all rounder. It has a great damage and weather model. Nothing else comes close at the moment.

Strange. GTPlanet doesn't have a section for Raceroom. I don't know much about that one, so maybe you could message and ask @Jordan for help or to consider adding a Raceroom sub-forum.

I would say a balance between everything, but if I have to choose one, it would be "Immersion" because I think it is something that cumulates everything (and so, a balance). And so would put it as number 6, not 5.

About what game does better each thing, I might say:

1. Graphics: pCARS as it is both "light" and awesome for what I could see on videos (not owned);

2. Sounds: Automobilista & RaceRoom Experience, each in their ways (both not owned), but sincerely surprised that Gran Turismo is getting somehow closer to reality (I think M6 GT3 is pretty close), though PD keep trashing a bit the final result. Assetto Corsa really good, pCARS sounds partially fake and rFactor 2 simply can't stand a chance apart for few mods;

3. Physics: rFactor 2, and no one can discuss about this. The weight and importance of the maths this simulator computes are not closely compared to any of the other games. The only 2 that gets "not-that-close" are Automobilista and Assetto Corsa. But pure physic not necessarely means realism, and I'm one of those that thinks rF2 is not that "best" in terms of reality as the cars feel too slippery, even professional mods;

4. FFB: I would say Assetto Corsa, but not tested interesting games like Automobilista. So I might be wrong;

5. Driving: Assetto Corsa. As I said above, rFactor 2 having best physic doesn't mean the best "driving" experience, and as I said there the cars feels too slippery. Like driving with Bias-ply tires even in modern cars, with lot of information but low grip. But it is said about Automobilista, although being based on a updated version of ISImotor 2.0, Reiza changed it to "fix" this problem first and then step to a real physic engine update to try catch ISI (now Studio 397);

6. Immersion: So, the balance out of overall Graphic + Sound + Physic + FFB + Driving... I might have to say still Assetto Corsa. But have to say, Assetto Corsa is missing the day-night cycle along with the rain. And these are things that Automobilista got, so at the end this latter one might give the Kunos title a real challenge depending on the kind of immersion a driver wants. Personally, being an endurance simdriver, I would select for this final one Automobilista as winner, but not actually owning it not gives me the chance to evaluate correctly, so atm I keep my Assetto Corsa pick.

P.S.: I'm probably gonna purchase Automobilista with the next Steam sale, so that I can "close the gap". Also gonna get Gran Turismo Sport when it will come out.

Wow ... great explanation, thank you. I agree with you, immersion is the sum of all the options, so the correct thing is to be at the bottom of the list. Well, I can speak and judge from experience the motorist games, GTR2, pcars, rfactor2, ac, shift2, simraceway. Other games like Forza, GTS, DriverClub I look for information in forums and videos. Based on my experience and the experience shared by other players, my choices are:

1) Graphics = GTS and FORZA
2) Sounds = RaceRoom and Pcars
3) Physics = rFactor and Motorist
4) FFB = AC and Motorist
5) Driving = AC
6) Immersion = pCars

Damn! RaceRoom sounds excellent.

Does anyone know how taxing complex sounds like RaceRoom are on the cpu (does the cpu even do these calculation? I read somewhere that ps4 has a dedicated sound processor).

GTS visuals and RR sounds, what a combo.

I would like to add on COMBO:
RFactor Physics
PCars Immersion night / day
AC FFB

That 60fps + motion blur though :drool::drool::drool: Now thats sense of speed ! wow...

Excluding the damage model (its pretty rubbish). IMO this is one of, if not the most authentic sim out there!.

Trying to stay on point here but I totally agree. The Game gets updated with cars and tracks and it is always improved with each patch.
Love the online servers because of the clean racing. (This race was down to the wire till the end :nervous: if someone is interested to watch)

Anyways, the great news is that GTR3 (hopefully people know about it) will be coming to consoles and that is something to look forward to.
"With RaceRoom sounds, PCars graphics and Simbin attention to detail, GTR3 could well turn out to be the racing game we've all been waiting for"

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

Back to GTSport, i must admit that even though i have mixed feelings about it, i still fire up my PS4 to play a bit then watch the amazing replays and of course take screenshots to upload high resolution photos to Flickr (Flickr junkie here :dopey:).
Must admit, i miss the top quality replays and those amazing photo real screenshots from other racing games. Can't imagine how that gallery section will be like but i am guessing it will be epic.
So GT is more of a nice package that might not be experienced somewhere else (at least for me even with the mixed feelings i have now). Physics is a topic for another time.
To be clear, i have all the usual suspects on PC; RaceRoom, Automobilista, Dirt Rally, Rfactor2, Assetto Corsa...etc
and on PS4, project Cars, Sebastian Loeb rally evo and GT Sport beta.
I enjoy each game for what it offers.

Having said that we are all the winners after all.

it is a huge competitons out there and every developer wants to show of what they are capable of and of course always be the best.
Will i buy GT Sport and project cars2? Probably yes since each will offer something that the other does not. Most important thing is to enjoy 👍 :cheers:

Last edited:
I mixed it up. The bgm is too soft so that needs to be a lot higher than the sound effects. I forgot to adjust the sound effects after muting the bgm. So yeah, in order to hear the music clearly enough, I had to set the sound effects to half that of the bgm ; with the personal bgm volume at 120 and the race bgm at 120, sound effects were at 60 to have it balanced. Good catch, brohan.

I never use/listen to the music in GT6 :P GT6 sounds bad compared to Wipeout HD/Fury music playback even on same DTS 5.1 format, less clarity on high frequency range, harsher mid range and lack of low frequency smoothness, simply no contest. Like having different music player. In Wipeout HD/Fury, the more you crank the volume, the better it gets, the music player alone worth the price of the game :lol: and I got it for free. Must be in the sound engine software, I guess that's why GT6 always sound a bit like having low bitrate MP3 for me instead FLAC ( if that' good analogy ) ... even in LPCM output. The dynamic range option in GT6 might have a hand too.

Last edited:
Just gonna popby and see the so called D1G human drama. Just because you are fast in Gt6 doesnt mean you are fast everywhere else. Do you watch GT academy? They are way better than anybody here but are they good in real life? no. Not after they received intensive training to adapt to "real life". My point is, some of us here make the transition to move from GT to AC, we put in the effort to make the transition to reach where we are today by simply driving in AC and other hardcore sim just by feeling. You can stay in GT6's galaxy and continue your D1G fantasy.

Nowaday im way slower than i was in GT6. But i am happy about it.It easy to adapt back to GT6 after playing hardcore sim, but it hard to step up back to hardcore sim after you adapt GT6 physica

Latest Posts

Back