GT Sport World Tour 2020 Sydney

Maybe is it just me, but after all those "what should HK be called" crapshow last year I noticed Wong's country isn't mentioned by name at all by commentators. (There's also times where the commentators botched by referring Wong with the wrong surname. That and Hizal swearing last year should be on a Botchamania-style highlight.)

I can't tell if Hyundai is bad because of the drivers on the team, or if it's the car itself. If it's the car, then I can't imagine how bad the other cars that didn't make it to the World Tours are, like Mazda, Lamborghini, and Ferrari. Or maybe it's just the way that manufacturers become eligible to appear at World Tour events, and Hyundai being there was a fluke of some sorts due to how scoring works. Either way, I'm not sure if I've ever seen Hyundai end a race without them being in dead-last.

I wondered this myself. It's one thing being at the back consistently, but also +1 sec off the next slowest qualifier? I agree with Lion-Face track selection plays a role to an extent, but I can't help but feel if the likes of Igor/Mikhail have been driving they could've been in the midfield mix instead of pulling a Williams every race. No offence intended to the Hyundai WT team, but I also wonder if maybe they don't put in as much effort to these events because they know winning is a long shot and are just in it for the ride?

I do wish we see more variety manufacturers in these events. Last year was particularly difficult though because you need all 5 regions to pull in consistent scores to qualify. Hopefully this year with only 3 regions needed we'll see more new faces 👍

What would be ideal would be watching like a Spectator in Lobby Mode, able to switch from car to car/views/stats... with the broadcast picture in picture.

Just need to extend that Lobby limit from 16 to a couple million. :lol:

Do the WT events happen on the same servers we race on or do they have a local connection for the 16 racers inside the event? Curious if the "pinball" bump physics are programmed by PD or is it due to lag?

Do the WT events happen on the same servers we race on or do they have a local connection for the 16 racers inside the event? Curious if the "pinball" bump physics are programmed by PD or is it due to lag?
It's a LAN.

Anyone know what this is about or where it fits in with Sport Mode, the GT Sport World Tour, etc.?
Official Twitter launch

Gran Turismo SPORT, which was adopted for the cultural program project “National Prefectural Competition e-Sports Championship” of the “Combustible Movement National Athletic Meet and Kagoshima Tournament” scheduled to be held in October 2020

Anyone know what this is about or where it fits in with Sport Mode, the GT Sport World Tour, etc.?

Japan only, it would appear as a separate event in sport mode if you have a Japanese PSN, they held this last year also, totally separate to the world tour

Back