GT Sport World Tour 2020 Sydney

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 10, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

EDK, Noname0529, ProjectF and 6 others like this.
  2. Need4Speed685

Need4Speed685

Wow!

This would be a great opportunity for me to finally meet Kaz in person.

3. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

13 to 17 February is conveniently the date when updates appear (and update notices) appear afterwards.

BobbyBRAKEaNek likes this.
  4. 05XR8

05XR8

Hey, maybe Eastern Creek(Sydney Motorsport Park), Phillip Island, The Bend or even Albert Park finally make it in the game.

5. Hayden

Hayden Premium

Best of luck to all the very talented folk who’ve earned the opportunity to compete in Sydney. It’s a beautiful city and I hope you all have a fantastic time in Australia. :D

It’s very foolish thing to hope, but the optimist in me says the final race would be a great opportunity to bring a new Australian track to the game.

Selfishly, I’d very much like that track to be “The Bend” Motorsport park. It was scanned by an unknown game maker around 18 months ago, and it fits the GT ethos perfectly.

Ahhhhh. A man can dream :O

Edit: Found the post. Nearly 2 and a half years ago, and nothing has come of it in any other games, or “projects” from what I’ve seen. :odd:
    ADCB3A46-DAC5-45F3-A0C8-A3B562B0874C.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  6. AlanH49

AlanH49

Yes. Bring The Bend to Gran Turismo.

7. BjoBosUndies

BjoBosUndies

Large companies with competent employees don’t “accidentally” leak information on twitter and other social media.

Manufactured cheap way or creating hype without spending the buck on marketing and PR.

Yawn!

8. Famine

Famine Administrator

It wasn't on social media, it was in the news section of the company's own website.

It seems to be a mistakenly scheduled, incomplete news post (you can inspect the code on the Google cached item - there's a lot of missing media), dropped a week early - as the competition opens on January 17th - which is easily done if you have an underpaid, undertrained junior staff writer forced to use a dreadful CMS someone at corporate paid a lot of money for.

Edit: Apparently it's Drupal.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  9. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

The earlier start and new location would lead me to believe the world tour will be longer this year then?

Great to see it grow, and I also have some small hope for a second Australian circuit, but hey the final has been at Monaco the last two years and we haven't had that yet so it's not really much of an indicator.

10. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Take care of bathurst pit entry. Can be nasty , check the braking point first.

FB_IMG_1578663767584.jpg

11. OnyxMoneytron

OnyxMoneytron Premium

The Bend looks like another Willow. Meh... There are better tracks in Australia.

12. theschledy

theschledy

Does that mean this exhibition season isn't actually an exhibition season?

13. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

Likely last season, 2019/2020 'Exhibition' Season 2. This current season ends 5 days before the event is supposed to happen. Not nearly enough time to sort all the winners and make the appropriate bookings.

Ddkklop, AgentBlackDog and theschledy like this.
  14. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Cody! You got this, wishing you the best of luck..

TRL LIGHTNING and RavingBonkers like this.
  15. GTnForza4ever

GTnForza4ever (Banned)

Just to see him laugh and have him say "Maybe!".

Need4Speed685 and Animedeaf like this.
  16. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Isn't Oceania overrepresented, proportionally speaking? 4 drivers is a lot, if we look at the total number of players per region.

Good luck to everyone taking part in the first WT event!

Dimitri, TRL LIGHTNING, Jomas and 3 others like this.
  17. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

Imagine Canada having their own region......or Poland for that matter lol

ThePotatoKing and Dimitri like this.
  18. Sander 001

Sander 001

All those prizes in lieu of cash earnings. Sad.

Oberdan likes this.
  19. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Too bad the first race at Tokyo for that season upset me enough that I skipped the rest of the races. :p

20. 05XR8

05XR8

A bit early, but I'm there now.
    IMG_20200111_090858.jpg

21. ScotteDawg

ScotteDawg

This might be a sign of the resurgence of GMH (Holden, designers and builders of the Commodore/Chevy SS) and Ford Australia and maybe the inclusion of Chrysler Australia ("Hey Charger").

Before the release of GT5, Polyphony Digital had advertised that two Australian tracks would be in the game. That 'promise' was not forthcoming. Let's hope it finally comes to fruition within the next few months!

So far, the only representation Australia is getting is Mount Panorama, yet the rest of the world has more than enough in the way of both cars and circuits (real or not)!!

22. AlanH49

AlanH49

The Bend in an LMP2.

23. DaGiBUS

DaGiBUS

Disappointed that it's not in Melbourne

CLowndes888 likes this.
  24. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

How freely are these events open to the public? IIRC some of them last year are strictly invites only, but there are some (NY?) that were open to general public? Depending on my schedule, I might just make a trip up north to see this. Who knows if the circus will ever come down under again in the future so this might be my only chance.

If you ask me, Japan should be split into its own region and Oceania should be combined with the rest of the Asian countries. As it is, I can already tell you who's going to be the Oceania representative for this year. I mean these guys are quick, but it's almost automatic qualification just by virtue of being in Oceania (compared to say if they were to race in EMEA).

JEverettL, Jomas, sirjim73 and 2 others like this.
  25. symaski62

symaski62

26. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

That would make a lot of sense too. Sydney is our biggest city, so they will potentially have an easier time drawing in a bigger crowd but at the same time the general Sydney population have shown time and time again that they just don’t care about motorsport (eg. the failure of the Homebush Supercars event and the on and off again races at Sydney Motorsport Park).

And while people are bringing up The Bend, don’t forget the Asian Le Mans Series is visiting the circuit this weekend with a 4 hour race tomorrow. The race will be broadcasted on Fox Sports/Kayo for my fellow Australians. Can’t wait to see some Prototype racing in the flesh!

27. danimac

danimac

Wow that’s so cool. I live in Brisbane and my sister lives in Sydney down the rd from the Opera House. I’d love to go and visit Kaz and see the GT tour. Also this might me wishful thinking but I’d love if we got an Australian Brand Central. Holden and Ford AUS would be amazing and V8 Supercars. Also I’ve always wanted Albert Park to come to GT so I can drive the Ultimate speed challenge. Could even do it in an online lobby. Always wanted to drive other cars besides F1 around there. Please KAZ, PD, Sony and AUS it’s a great opportunity to sell your brand. :D

ScotteDawg likes this.
  28. Tak[TEC]

Tak[TEC]

That outline of the bend really does look like a child's squiggly drawing

NoonenF1 likes this.
  29. Stumps_GTI

Stumps_GTI Premium

Agreed. :)
    Does anyone know for sure whether entry requirements (VIP, invite..) need to be met to gain entry to these events? Or can general public go along??
    Would be a once in a life time opportunity to rub shoulders with some amazing people. :gtplanet: :)
    And well worth the 8 hour+ drive for me to attend. Be an amazing weekend for sure. :tup:

LeGeNd-1 likes this.
  30. brocp

brocp

That'd have to be the worst camera angle I've ever seen.