GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
But if all the cars are modeled from scratch for GTS (according to Kaz) dosen't that mean thair is an equal chance for any car to appear no matter what thair status was on previous games?
That may be true but so far none of the semi standards from GT6 have shown up.

even 2018 Mers DTM W205 is good enoght.....

The point I was trying to make was that 2019 Class One DTM rules are for 2.0L turbo engines, which is in line with Super GT engines. 2018 spec DTM cars run NA V8s, where Super GT has run 2.0L turbos since 2014. BMW has just revealed their new 2.0L M4 DTM which makes 600hp, more than the previous V8. AFAIK, Audi hasn't revealed their 2019 spec car yet, but Aston Martin could be running a 2019 Class One DTM spec Vantage to make it a 3-make championship. Would be really weird to see only 2 makes otherwise. I really like Group 2 in GT Sport, but having equally-specced DTM vs Super GT would be a dream come true!

2019-BMW-M4-DTM-debut-3-e1540800633143-630x395.jpg

To be brutally honest, I'm not hyped up for the Zonda R, even though it's one of my favorite cars from GT5 and GT6. Why? Because from the looks of things, it's gonna be either slotted in Gr.X or nerfed badly and slotted in the N-class, both of which would be a total waste. It NEEDS to have its own class, together with the Vulcan. Period. If PD somehow switches things up with this new update and does introduce a new class for the Zonda R, then count me in. Heck I'll be more than happy to drive the hype train at well over 200mph :lol:

It'll be N700? I cant imagine its in Group X given there are other cars with more power than it in N800/1000 etc.

You guys are right. In Group X it'll die an anonymous death but in N700 and possible detune to N600 it'll actually be useful.

It'll be N700? I cant imagine its in Group X given there are other cars with more power than it in N800/1000 etc.

You guys are right. In Group X it'll die an anonymous death but in N700 and possible detune to N600 it'll actually be useful.

Being slotted in N-class is what I consider the lesser of two evils. I'm still adamant on pushing for a new class for the Zonda R. Maybe not in this upcoming update, but hopefully in a future update where they would bring back the Ferrari FXX.

As for the older GT500 cars, I'm not convinced that they would be slotted in Gr.2 at all. They don't have as much downforce as the newer GT500 cars; the super aggressive body work on the newer cars make those on the older cars look tame. And even if their power levels could be bumped up to 700hp, I don't think they're designed to handle that kind of power. After all, engine power does also affect handling in a way. They are, however, designed to work with ballasts (sometimes with significant amounts of it). For me it's either they'll have their own class or they'll be slotted in Gr.3 .

Great to see a new update coming. Looking forward to do some laps around Catalunya.

As for the cars though, I think I will spend some time with the older GT500 cars (probably in Gr.3 as @Skygrasper550 pointed out, though BoP will make them significantly heavier) and the 22B. That Subie will make @TayeezSA and @TRL LIGHTNING happy about this update.
'08 GT500s alongside GT3s could work. They certainly wouldn't work up against the current gen GT500 cars but their power to weight ratios aren't too far off from say, a GTE.

Upping power should be enough. Chassis tech and downforce levels are comparable. And of course they’ll all run on the same tyres. Something that in the real world accounts for a good 1-2 seconds of the performance gap between 2008 vs 2016 GT500’s.
I've read that the new car's chassis aren't as stiff as the pre-dtm style rules cars were. 2013 and previous didn't have a spec tub like the current cars. They have more downforce than the new rules ones, but that came with a drag penalty (plus are 100mm wider) and they had about 100hp less than now.

I sort of feel like they will be lazy and slap the 08 JGTC cars into Group 2.

They will say something like this is a chance to see 2016 JGTC cars vs the 08 ones.

Remember the mess that is the Group 1 class with Group C and VGTs etc.

With the 2008 GT500 cars, I feel like throwing them into Gr.2 would be the lesser of two evils.

I feel they might be too OP for Gr.3 and they might end up breaking the class, similar to what the Megane Trophy did to Gr.4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Deutsche_Tourenwagen_Masters

according to that Mercedes is bowing out since I guess they dominate in F1 so what need do they have for any other kind of racing.

However Audi BMW are now joined by the Aston Martin Vantage.

So weird to have turbo 2.0 fours in these cars in an FR layout.

Mercedes are leaving DTM to join Formula E instead.
The new DTM 2.0L motors pump out even more power than the V8s.
And even the JGTC GT500 Supra used to run a 2.0L four.

I used to run a straight six BMW, and now run the 2.0 turbo four. It's different, not as smooth and sounds like crap. But I have to admit, the torque and weight distribution actually make the new cars quicker and more pointy in the front end than the old ones.

So
:lol: Truuuuue. They don't look like a great many deal, of other cars, for that matter. 👍
GT cars.
PD are etting close though. The 90s Group C cars. These '08 GT500s. I can feel the XR8, right around the bend. :sly:
Soon....very soon

With the 2008 GT500 cars, I feel like throwing them into Gr.2 would be the lesser of two evils.

I feel they might be too OP for Gr.3 and they might end up breaking the class, similar to what the Megane Trophy did to Gr.4.
I'm curious with BoP how well the late 2000s (and the HSV-010, which I'm sure will come back eventually) GT500s would compare with the current gen cars. But in terms of on paper spec I'm suspecting they'll pull a Megane Trophy and dump them in Group 3. Power to weight wise they're not too far off.

I'm curious with BoP how well the late 2000s (and the HSV-010, which I'm sure will come back eventually) GT500s would compare with the current gen cars. But in terms of on paper spec I'm suspecting they'll pull a Megane Trophy and dump them in Group 3. Power to weight wise they're not too far off.
Aren't older GT500, 1100kgs? I think with bang on 500hp, it just might be in Gr.3. If they are, wonder how they're labelled. Unless as was pointed out, using the Base model names, they negate the GT500 designations. I don't know. That's reaching. Where would the "old" GT300 BR-Z fit within this scope? Bump it down to Gr.4? They do only have less than 300hp/1100kg(even with more down force than a GT4 car).

Wow, a Zonda, and the R Version? Looks like I'm buying a new pair of headphones for the ultimate eargasm :D
Don't get youe hopes too high as they will most likely use the sound from the other Zonda they recorded .

We really need the 2019 DTM “Class One” 2.0L turbos to make Group 2 more interesting. But that would probably mean only the DTM BMW and Audi, since Mercedes has pulled out. Still, 5 manufacturers is better than 3.

EDIT: Aston Martin is reportedly entering DTM next year with help from Mercedes and Red Bull. Exciting stuff!!

867-AF18-A-5645-48-AC-8362-63-CCD901779-C.jpg
Don't forget that next year DTM & Super GT will do 2 races together.

I sort of feel like they will be lazy and slap the 08 JGTC cars into Group 2.

They will say something like this is a chance to see 2016 JGTC cars vs the 08 ones.

Remember the mess that is the Group 1 class with Group C and VGTs etc.
One little correction JGTC was named Super GT from 2005 so every car raced in GT500 since then should techniclly go in GR.2.

To be brutally honest, I'm not hyped up for the Zonda R, even though it's one of my favorite cars from GT5 and GT6. Why? Because from the looks of things, it's gonna be either slotted in Gr.X or nerfed badly and slotted in the N-class, both of which would be a total waste. It NEEDS to have its own class, together with the Vulcan. Period. If PD somehow switches things up with this new update and does introduce a new class for the Zonda R, then count me in. Heck I'll be more than happy to drive the hype train at well over 200mph :lol:

The Pagani Zonda R is definitely going to be in Gr. X. It's not street-legal (I know the Aston Martin Vulcan isn't also street-legal, but it's strangely in N800).

The Pagani Zonda R is definitely going to be in Gr. X. It's not street-legal (I know the Aston Martin Vulcan isn't also street-legal, but it's strangely in N800).
The Vulcan has one road legal example made it seems thats enough for PD.

Those 2008 SuperGT cars can't be in GR3. they are way too fast.

Remember. in 2009 there was a GT1 Aston Martin DBR1 in the GT500 class (Hitotsuyama Racing) and it was over 5 secounds slower PER LAP on every Track! And that was a very good GT1 car. So the GT3 cars wouldn't stand a chance. Also the 2008 GT500 GT-R was roughly as fast as an LMP2 class car on many tracks. So they had pretty good downforce

Back