GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
...PD could simply implement Race D that could last for 40+ minutes (I wouldn't mind at all) every hour one race. So someone who doesn't have time for Championship can enjoy the longer daily racing. Also they could get 24+ cars on grid with maybe multiclass like one of the SinglePlayer experiences with Prosche RSR (Gr3 and Gr4).

Your idea for RACE D is similar to mine,i would also open tuning for RACE D and maybe it could work like a Mini championship over the week?You rack up points and at the end of the week who has most points wins

By "12" and "16", do you mean laps? You do realize Group C didn't have to deal with the chicanes, right? On the modern track, no Group C prototype could stand against an LMP1, which is what they're aiming for here.
Group C raced a on BOTH tracks. 16 laps per hour. Fuel limited with only 25 refuel stops. Unrestricted they were bloody fast. Equally. LMP1. Fuel limited, energy per lap limited. They are restricted by the regulations. 12 laps max in 45 minutes. Guess what? That's 16 per hour.

If they were unregulated you'd have a point. They are. By the ACO. To control laptimes.

You're suggesting a company (or companies) turn a blind eye to standard legal practices because someone's good at a video game?

*Ahem* Note the age please:
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 17.27.02.png

And now this:
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 17.28.32.png

If F1 turns a blind eye (they suddenly come out with rule as soon as a younger driver steps in), why can't PD?
This is almost exactly what is happening to Nik, just the other way around.

Group C raced a on BOTH tracks. 16 laps per hour. Fuel limited with only 25 refuel stops. Unrestricted they were bloody fast. Equally. LMP1. Fuel limited, energy per lap limited. They are restricted by the regulations. 12 laps max in 45 minutes. Guess what? That's 16 per hour.

If they were unregulated you'd have a point. They are. By the ACO. To control laptimes.
No they didn't. La Sarthe only had chicanes after 2000 when a specific prototype tried to (and did) reach 400 km/h on the Mulsanne straight, raising safety concerns.
K32
*Ahem* Note the age please:
View attachment 739405
And now this:
View attachment 739406
If F1 turns a blind eye, why can't PD?
Read more closely.

And what's the point of the BRZ S when we already have the 86 GRMN?

Real reason will probably never fully be known but I am happy they added it because I like the BRZ name more than the 86 even though
it's technically the same car.

Just means I have to remake all my 86 liveries for it though! :banghead:

K32
*Sigh* Nik_Makozi is 17, he really deserves to participate in these events (multiple time Nations Cup chamion!), why couldn't they just lower it by 1 year!? :banghead: Now Australia is probably going to get thrashed by Japan at the Asia/Oceania live event. :(
View attachment 739403

and he's a solid guy overall! you can count the amount of TT drivers that actually have race pace on your fingers. Him being one of them

Really happy with this update Group C monsters and La Sarthe. Not so excited about the Renaults. Reanault are a 🤬 company, with 🤬 build quality :D

And what's the point of the BRZ S when we already have the 86 GRMN?

Why have the 2016 Clio with the 2015 one already in? For crying out loud, there are only minor aesthetic differences. With regards to modern cars, the update is disappointing. With regards to everything else, I like it.

I don't see your point here. Both are regulated and yes, they also raced on the track with chicanes. Also, on the same track, LMP1 destroys Group C.

1991 best qualifying time -> 3:31
2017 best qualifying time -> 3:14

Ouch!

Just read that the Peugeot 908 HDi, currently in Gr1 lapped Le Mans in 2008 in 3:18. Top speed of 247 kph

The Sauber C9 lapped Le Mans in 3:15, this was in 1989, the last year of the no chicane layout. Top speed of 249 kph.

That would lap the chicane layout in around 3:30ish, is that a reasonable estimation? That’s a big gap for BoP to bridge.

K32
I suggest you look at my second attached picture again. :sly:

View attachment 739409
View attachment 739410
View attachment 739411
I bet they had already issued Verstappen a Super License before that date.

EDIT: Checked it, he was issued one in September 2014 after doing a 400km F1 test on the Adria Circuit. He also drove in that year’s Japan GP FP1 and iirc you need a Super License for being allowed to drive a FP at a GP

Rubbish. The chicane's where there when Mazda won.
Rubbish. The chicane's where there when Mazda won.
Double-checked. Sorry, my mistake
K32
But you can see how stupid that looks. The moment the young guy (who's kinda good) gets into F1 people start shouting out he's too young. That's ageism.
That's a different situation. While Verstappen gets flak for being too young (which I think is complete rubbish), it doesn't have to do anything with the rules set by the FiA. The age limit is done for a whole range of legal reasons, not only because people think underage people are too inexperienced.

If people think that's the reason, then I'll tell them to come back to me after they've beaten Nik.
K32
I suggest you look at my second attached picture again.

View attachment 739409
View attachment 739410
View attachment 739411
The rule was set to be imposed in 2016, despite being decided on in 2014. Verstappen was able to get by because he got into F1 in 2015.

and he's a solid guy overall! you can count the amount of TT drivers that actually have race pace on your fingers. Him being one of them

Definitely! He's also up there with the best when it comes to consistency (and tyre/fuel management), not just sheer 1 lap pace. :)

Why have the 2016 Clio with the 2015 one already in? For crying out loud, there are only minor aesthetic differences. With regards to modern cars, the update is disappointing. With regards to everything else, I like it.

I don't see your point here. Both are regulated and yes, they also raced on the track with chicanes. Also, on the same track, LMP1 destroys Group C.

Ouch!
and I don't see yours. Speed controlled by REGULATION. Deal with it. PD will bop them. You know that.

I bet they had already issued Verstappen a Super License before that date.

EDIT: Checked it, he was issued one in September 2014 after doing a 400km F1 test on the Adria Circuit. He also drove in that year’s Japan GP FP1 and iirc you need a Super License for being allowed to drive a FP at a GP

They (F1) turned a blind eye.

EDIT: I bet it lol

And I still think he is too young today :lol:

Not trying to derail the argument. But I've been a bit aprehensive that verstappens going to do something stupid and hurt someone in a race ever since he ran into the back of grosjean in 2015. Incidentally, he was going to learn from that one back then too. So yeah too young in my view.

But thats real life with real consequences and this is just a game. I'm not sure what their reasoning is. Theres very little difference between 17 and 18 in my view but they probably have to draw a line somewhere.

Ouch!
Lol. And here I am slightly worried that I overstepped my bounds by saying that Group C is slower around Le Mans by at least 5 seconds

Back