GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
So, Group C will be useless in Sport Mode?
Nope. With TCS 3, they kill the modern cars on the straights. Wont beat the LMPs at mid-corner and corner exit, but they catch up and breeze past like the LMPs are driving in reverse with the handbrake up.

Which of the three new LMP cars do you guys find to be the least handful? The Sauber C9 has the highest stability rating so I wanna start there
I'm biased with the R92CP. It's a gem. The C9 can battle with it. Maybe I'll get one to see how it brakes. The Nissan's braking is phenomenal. Stability is awesome and the speed with stock gearing(probably geared for Fuji, Ithink I ran out of steam, in a Sport Mode race, at 385km/h), magnifico!

...Road going Subaru that isn't an Impreza?

So you have a problem with one former One-make car in a GT4-based class in a game, yet you have no problem with what is essentially a race car (that also was for one-make racing) with no road car racing against cars in various GT3 categories that have road going counterparts in real life AND the game despite the Megane essentially doing the exact same thing in real life (albeit with a actual road going counterpart)?

Wow, so you prefer the German one-make racer (that does not race in ANY GT4 category in real life) to race in GR.4 yet not the French one that actually has. Comes off either as you not being all that versed in motorsports to say the Audi is a "Real life GT4 car", or you may be slightly hypocritical.

Oh and fun fact, this is Audi's actual GT4 car:

Well with the reactions of people when it comes to anything that isn't fast, maybe they were counting on people ignoring it :lol:
In the TT's defense, it was an original member of GT4 back in to 2007/2008.
Then, Audi came up with the TT GT4 concept.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a1721/first-look-audi-tt-gt4-concept-17854/

Sure, hasn't raced in GT4 since, but hasn' t stopped PD from implementing it. There's understanding from both sides of the argument, but PD will be PD.

I bought the Silk Cut and took it to the track of broken dreams.. i noticed a few things (they may be old.. excuse if they are..)
At 1:30 going down the straight i kick up dirt from the dirty part of the track, the dust is blowing! to the left of the car, there is wind..?
When i went into the rubble at 2:47 the stones have momentum and spreads out according to the cars entrance into the gravel trap, WHAT!
At 6:50 the dust goes another way, i guess i am on the other side of the track...

Details!

Wow, so you prefer the German one-make racer (that does not race in ANY GT4 category in real life) to race in GR.4 yet not the French one that actually has. Comes off either as you not being all that versed in motorsports to say the Audi is a "Real life GT4 car", or you may be slightly hypocritical.
Or just ignorant as I would call it, I was sure the Audi TT Cup was a GT4 car, but i googled it now and it's not, it is a one-make race car :embarrassed:, so when I learned this now, I think the Audi TT Cup should also be a Gr. X car and yes it is a problem, so I just did this:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180530211738.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180530211752.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180530211801.jpg

so now i'm down to 1 real world GT4 car, please don't tell me the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport is not a GT4 car, because then I would not have any GT4 cars left :(.

Isn't it Cup car/one-make racer aswell?

Hahaha, I don't know but the Clubsport name scares me a little bit :scared:.

Edit.

Oh my...:

https://european.gt4series.com/porsche-cayman-clubsport-gt4

A38I1142.jpg

Based on a Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport racecar the Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR has been fitted with a comprehensive upgrade kit developed by Manthey-Racing. With the upgrade, the vehicle qualifies as an SRO-homologized GT4 racing car, thereby allowing it to participate in national and international races in the GT4 category.

Last edited:
Its honestly a joke how entitled some in this thread are, to the extent that they can't even be happy about free content in a landscape where nearly every AAA multiplayer game has microtransactions/lootboxes/numerous DLC packs.

The complaint that this content should already be in GTS doesn't even hold, as there's little to no proof that PD intentionally held this back and GTS launched with more/similar amounts of singleplayer and multiplayer content than most AAA games.

It does in a way hold up. These are all rerendered cars from previous GT games, so yes they probably planned to have in the game from the beginning, which is why it's free. But when they tell you it takes them 6 months to render one car and they don't outsource their work you kind of understand why it takes so long. So the ones complaining how this should've been in teh game from the beginning do have a point, but if they prefer to wait another two to four years before playing, well that's their thing. I would rather get the game early and have them update it for free as it goes. They're not charging us for an incomplete product so people should consider that before ranting

Its called making a video game challenging and rewarding. A lot of modern video games lack this like Forza because people don't want to put the time in. I think its very cool that they include these ridiculous prices because after a while, you'll have a car that nobody else would have and it s very rewarding because you worked hard to get it. This is just another example of ingenious game design by Polyphony Digital.

Got to be a joke, lol.

It's not rewarding to spend the 3 hours one may have for an evenings gaming to have to either drive around in circles for the entire session, or after doing so, get given one on blind luck to completely void the whole experience/effort.

Really happy with the update, but now i want custom race multiclass even more. It would be nice to run 5 lmp1's and the rest gr3 cars on Le Mans.

LMP1:
- Porsche 919 Hybrid
- Audi R18 e-tron
- Toyota TS050 Hybrid
- GT-R LM Nismo (a tad op, needs bop revision for Le Mans (maybe 10-20 kg extra)

GTE (AM/PRO):
- Corvette C7 Gr.3
- Vantage V12 GT3 (closest thing to the new AMR GTE version would be making a livery)
- 458 Italia GT3 2013 (also making a livery to imitate the 488 GTE)
- Viper SRT GT3-R
- Porsche 911 RSR
- M6 GT3 M Power Livery (livery to make it appear as the M8 GTE)

And maybe the Mustang Gr.3 (bit of a stretch and it's too op on the straights :() to replace the GT.

An official event by GTP or some other organiser using only these cars would be nice (plus @MINKIHL could do the bop since he knows how to equalise Gr.3 cars already, along with some other fast guys to make the lap times for comparison data ;))

And thus the race will be called the 2.4 Hours of Le Mans!

EDIT: I'm not sure, but maybe the new Gr.3 Supra can also be used (google says it will race this year at Le Mans)

Last edited:
Is this car officially homologated for GT4? Because at the Nos 24h race, it raced in its own category as a cup car (Cup X) and was way faster than the other GT4 cars (20 seconds in qualifying). Very close to the 911 GT3 Cup cars.

Yes, it is homologated. There's several X-Bow GT4's taking part in this year's multiple GT4 series by SRO around Europe.

24h of Nürburgring (& the whole VLN-series) is a special case, as they established a separate class for the X-Bows. From what I've read they are running at 312hp/1015kg there. In the SRO's GT4 BoP, the KTM runs with something close to 1200kg, so it's only logical that without these constraints, it will outperform the SP10(=GT4) class at the Nürburgring.

@IngRobNy if you are that nitpicky on what cars may grace your garage; the Porsche 911 rsr and the supra concept are GTE cars, not GT3. Furthermore the Audi S1 is built to peaks like spec, not group b. And the Fittipaldi hasn't been built, yet.
Some cars may be fantasy cars, but they can still be bloody fun to drive. I suggest not artificially limiting the game by superimposing extra rules on the game.
Also all classes are PD's interpretation of the class that they are based on. So if you think they should only be filled with "the real deal", you do you.

Last edited:
@IngRobNy if you are that nitpicky on what cars may grace your garage; the Porsche 911 rsr and the spa concept are GTE cars, not GT3. Furthermore the Audi S1 is built to peaks like spec, not group b. And the Fittipaldi hasn't been built, yet.
Some cars may be fantasy cars, but they can still be bloody fun to drive. I suggest not artificially limiting the game by superimposing extra rules on the game.
Also all classes are PD's interpretation of the class that they are based on. So if you think they should only be filled with "the real deal", you do you.

Hahaha, I know and I sold them as well along with the Viper GT3-R which is also a GTE car, a huge clean up in my garage, but i'm almost back to 20 mill :D, I was like this in GT 6 as well, I didn't want to use the GT500 cars in GT3 races, because they didn't belong in that class :embarrassed: :lol:.

T
Looks like we'll be getting that Premium Nissan R92CP we never got in GT5. I can't wait to hear how these sound in GT Sport.

I love the update but am disappointed that the Sauber sounds like TRASH. Asseto Corsa's Sauber sounds AMAZING. Still proof that GT sport has to do loads better on Car sounds

In the TT's defense, it was an original member of GT4 back in to 2007/2008.
Then, Audi came up with the TT GT4 concept.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a1721/first-look-audi-tt-gt4-concept-17854/

Sure, hasn't raced in GT4 since, but hasn' t stopped PD from implementing it. There's understanding from both sides of the argument, but PD will be PD.

Oh yeah, I remembered that (and was disappointed). I'm not saying the TT wasn't a GT4, I was arguing that he had a problem with one One-Make car being classed in a GT4-esque category (When it in-fact did that in real life as well) while not only was there literally a GT3 car that's essentially a detuned one-make car (from the same make) but being ok with another one make car that has not raced at all in GT4.

Oh my...:

https://european.gt4series.com/porsche-cayman-clubsport-gt4

A38I1142.jpg

Based on a Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport racecar the Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR has been fitted with a comprehensive upgrade kit developed by Manthey-Racing. With the upgrade, the vehicle qualifies as an SRO-homologized GT4 racing car, thereby allowing it to participate in national and international races in the GT4 category.

Wow, I wasn't even aware of that. Guess we both just had our worlds shattered abit :lol:

Well...there is the Aston Martin Vantage GR.4:

Which is basically this:

Last edited:
I love the update but am disappointed that the Sauber sounds like TRASH. Asseto Corsa's Sauber sounds AMAZING. Still proof that GT sport has to do loads better on Car sounds

They sound about the same to me, the difference being that Assetto is raspier/crackles. GT has never been great at that. :/

Oh yeah, I remembered that (and was disappointed). I'm not saying the TT wasn't a GT4, I was arguing that he had a problem with one One-Make car being classed in a GT4-esque category (When it in-fact did that in real life as well) while not only was there literally a GT3 car that's essentially a detuned one-make car (from the same make) but being ok with another one make car that has not raced at all in GT4.

Wow, I wasn't even aware of that. Guess we both just had our worlds shattered abit :lol:

Well...there is the Aston Martin Vantage GR.4:

Which is basically this:

Hahaha, we sure did, and thanks for the tip on the Aston Martin, this is as close as you can get i think 👍 :).

I coulda sworn the Aston was the real world car because of how it looks with the livery and all but I checked the in-game description and you're right it's fake but damn close. That's a real shame that the Cayman is the only real world GT4 car in the game. At least the GT3 class has more real cars.

A bit weird with the Aston. The M4 Gr. 4 has a 7 speed(however, there was no real M4 GT4, only the Ekris M4 in GT4 Europe). In real life, the Aston GT4 can be Spec'd with a 7 speed as well.
PD just used the interior from the GT6 build Vantage and added the GT AUTO bits as well. Saved them time from sourcing the real AM GT4.

Back