GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
Lol what

Getting a lot of credits is not related to how good you are as a player, and how rewarding it is to do what you have.

You earn more credits per minute doing a bloody X-Bow race at Bluemoon than you do for winning a FIA Championship Race (or any daily race). The stuff which actually requires skill, which are the daily races, don't give you many credits.

Hence, the credits come from doing non-skill related stuff mostly.

It is stupid to say that gaining 15 Million credits is a 'rewarding experience' because the main 'rewards' in this game come from doing stuff that doesn't require any skill. You would have to do so many daily races to get 15 Million Credits.

If the main bulk of credits did actually come from stuff that required skill, then yeah, it might be fair to describe it as a rewarding experience to get so many credits. But it doesn't.
Again, not everyone has the time. I am 45 yrs old with many responsibilities/activities occupying my time. I want to be able to enjoy driving/racing these cars in the 2 hrs a week max I get to play. The time vs reward ratio in this game is just too high. Payouts should be bumped or higher end cars should be able to be unlocked directly (as in old) by completing game challenges. Random car rewards that can duplicate AND you can't sell is just a bad idea, and makes my time spent achieving such things feel wasted.
I, like others, want to play the game. What good are the added cars to me if I have no hope of ever buying them?
On top of all that, this game is geared around online competition, so the old model of unlocking things is anachronistic at best. The challenge/reward is the competition itself, not spending hours of valuable time to gain access to virtual items that will disappear once this game is shut down. So then we have to grind because the (barely existing) first player does not have a competent reward system.
My point is, in the ever increasing online focus of games these days, the reward/unlock system is not relevant. Sure there can be bonus items to work for, but the core content of the game should not be back there, especially since this game will be literally shut down one day in the not to distant future.
Or you fluke it in the daily workout prize while every other unlucky SOB has to spent months saving up 15m to buy it, only to drive it a couple times and that's it because the game is primarily about racing cars. Very rewarding indeed. No single car should cost more than 5 million credits.
Disagree with you here. Video-games should be a form of enjoying things you would, normally, not be able to do in real-life, like driving a rare Lamborghini Miura. If you have to struggle and grind to get to the good stuff, that's a chore and not fun, especially if the end reward is just the ability to drive a certain car. There are aspects of real-life exclusivity that don't need to be translated to a video-game because, then, a video-game stops being entertainment and becomes just the continuation of your real-life difficulties, in attaining such items, only in a virtual world. I don't understand people who like this.

I like Project CARS 2, for example, because it gives the option (options are the best solution) of doing a career, with progression and rewards for those who want it. Or if you're just in for a quick hot-lapping session, you can just pick your favorite car, favorite track and go. Don't like one style of play, don't choose it, go for the one you want.

Also, not everyone has the time (or the patience) you have to put in hours after hours after hours of gameplay just for one in-game item. I, personally, don't buy anything costing more than 2 million. Not worth my time.
Alright you guys got me. I understand your guys' point of views and I respect them.

On the other hand, took the little Fiat on La Sarthe and did a 0 to 60 test on the Mulsanne Straight. The result...

50 seconds.
you guys can read this much faster than ^

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get ridiculous regions for Sport Mode? There's only one region to choose from in the whole of South Australia and it's not even the capital city, it's a small council region in Adelaide.:crazy: Great work PD :lol:

View attachment 739750

View attachment 739751
Haha, I actually live in the City of West Torrens. I thought if was a little creepy that the game knew straight up. :lol:

Haha, I actually live in the City of West Torrens. I thought if was a little creepy that the game knew straight up. :lol:
:lol: That would be a bit creepy. Damn you PD, I like where I live... but I guess I'll have to sell up and move there so I can keep playing 💡;):lol:

Last edited:
About the expensive cars. They are the unicorns in the game, those cars are not supposed to be easy to get. And it's not even a given that you get every car in the game.

There are several reasons for that.
1: Sense of accomplishment
2: Longevity of the game
3: Purpose of playing

The best way to balance it is by having several options to get the unicorns, for example a ticket system, where you have a sure way of getting a ticket after completing ingame challenges, but again balanced, not 10 tickets that gets you 20 million cars. The wheel of fortune cheat, where the randomizer makes a expensive car more likely for every time you get ****. Reduced prices is a given, but they could be made in such a way that cars gets cheaper as time goes by.

I think that PD right now is setting those cars at a to high price and they should do something to make those care easier to acquire, but i am 100% against making them to easy, or something that can be bought with MicroTransactions. For example, i want all Group C cars, that will cause me to play the game more, simply because i need the money :)

It's FREE

And the only really interesting car in it takes hours and hours of grinding to purchase.

Well I was pleasantly surprised by BRZ and the new group 4 Megane. Both were fun to drive. Maybe the new Megane can become my go to car in Gr4 sportmode races.

Got the Sauber Merc from completing Gardens circuit experience. Quite fun car.

But the new track.. De La Shart.. Didn't like it at all. Easily the worst track in the game along with Monza.

About Sport Mode Rego.
- Options
- Sport Mode Registration Details
I clicked on "Secondary Region" "Not configured". So, maybe we'll get more region options in the future.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the GT3-R is actually a GT3 car.
Hahaha, no need to be, okay so it is a GT3 car, but it dosen't matter, I never used it anyway and I have all the other real life GT3 cars, so I have enough to choose from :), the good thing is that I have now more than enough credits to buy the Miura if I want to :D.

Last edited:
I bought the C9 and sold it. Did my normal TT at DTG.
DegOhVhVwAAGbxi

Ran that before the Nissan. It puts the power down without twitching like the R92CP. I'll give it that. The view out and of the gauges, helps with the immersion(cant see the dash in the R unless sunlight hits it).
The C9 definitely feels stable and actually more connected to the road. The R feels more slippery(not skiddish) on the road surface.

Without checking Specs, the C9 has taller gears. I can hit 5th in the R under the tunnels. Where the C9 is topping 4th.

Nice car, thd C9, but my R sounds and looks so good in replays. :)

Is someone doing a 61 & 62 car livery to match the #63 C9 we've been given?

I seem to recall there were three cars in the Le Mans campaign?

Yeah, it's disappointing to spend a million credits and then hear what seems like the standard GT V8 sound instead of a roaring Group C engine. The Benz as the same problem, it's nothing like the real Sauber:

I don't really know what the problem is with their sound design department. They modeled individual scratch marks on the R92CP, yet they don't give anywhere near the same attention to the sounds. Which to me is much more important as a driver.

I love the update but am disappointed that the Sauber sounds like TRASH. Asseto Corsa's Sauber sounds AMAZING. Still proof that GT sport has to do loads better on Car sounds

They sound about the same to me, the difference being that Assetto is raspier/crackles. GT has never been great at that. :/
If you're that fed up with how bad the C9 sounds in GT Sport, play Project Cars 2. That will have you covered. We all know how PD is horrible at car sounds; if you don't like it, don't drive it. Simple. In addition, these comments seemingly ignore the progress from the past games. The context is different with GT Sport.

It does in a way hold up. These are all rerendered cars from previous GT games, so yes they probably planned to have in the game from the beginning, which is why it's free. But when they tell you it takes them 6 months to render one car and they don't outsource their work you kind of understand why it takes so long. So the ones complaining how this should've been in teh game from the beginning do have a point, but if they prefer to wait another two to four years before playing, well that's their thing. I would rather get the game early and have them update it for free as it goes. They're not charging us for an incomplete product so people should consider that before ranting

The cars in GTS are remodelled. Some not entirely but there is clear changes to the polygon mesh. I suspect those GT6 -> GTS cars take far less time than modelling a brand new car.

They don't because there was no indication that these cars were already modelled in GTS. It takes 1 person 6 months to model one car, so having 6 people work on one car can result in monthly cars.

The 500?????? Now my life is really complete. I was dying to race a lawnmower that maxes out at 30mph.

Why?
Because done right its a great car (GTS hasn't done it quite right - but its not bad - suffers from the magic dampers issue that GT has which limits the lift-off oversteer).

Oh and it maxes out at 78mph, downhill at the 'ring.

500 ring.png

That's right I've driven it around the 'ring that's how much I like them!

Last edited:
Because done right its a great car (GTS hasn't done it quite right - but its not bad - suffers from the magic dampers issue that GT has which limits the lift-off oversteer).

Oh and it maxes out at 65mph, downhill at the 'ring.

That's right I've driven it around the 'ring that's how much I like them!

How fast was the lap? What tires? I can run sub-1:40's at Tsukuba on the default tires.

How fast was the lap? What tires? I can run sub-1:40's at Tsukuba on the default tires.
16.30 on comfort softs and no aids.

Quicker is very much possible as the key (aside from not crashing) is figuring out which corners can be taken in 4th and which need you to drop to 3rd for as momentum is the key, oh and which hills need you to drop down to second.

I will be putting up a video of my first lap later tonight.

Slammed my 500 and maxed out the power, put it on RSS tyres... it doesn't so much perform lift-off-oversteer, as lift-off-barrel-roll when going through the Dipper at Bathurst - it's really quite amusing :lol:

Fully tuned, the 500 makes 46 or 48 horsepower. The Sambabus makes 98 fully tuned but the Fiat is a fraction of the van's weight so the power to weight ratio is ok. I think the Fiat could be just a little bit faster than the VW Type 2 if tuned correctly. The Fiat has a tendency to oversteer or go on two wheels over curbs but that makes it more enjoyable to drive.

Stock however, I think the Volkswagen dominates the Fiat just because it has DOUBLE the horsepower (33hp) and a higher top speed.
Vw: 0 to 60: about 30 seconds
Fiat: 0 to 60: about 50 seconds

I found this little beauty for sale in my area. I'd LOVE to own this car :sly:
This is a 1969 Fiat 500L model, not the 500F that is in the game. The L stands for Lusso or Luxury.
The 500L had a padded dash, upscale interior trim, and over rider bumpers.

PD should also do the "L" version, as some of us Older Gamers need the extra Padding / Luxury ! ;)
:lol::lol::lol:

Fiat 500 was not really essential (when you can’t even change rims...) and the Clio either (could have had Maxi Turbo instead or Clio V6 or Williams...). Sometimes choices of PD are very incongruous. And still no new Porsche, there is yet something to do between the 917K, 930, 550…

I understand the importance of tracks like Le Mans for those who are fans of real world racing. But I'd say I'm more a fan of driving fast and cars in general. I think the tracks designed by PD themselves are much more fun.

To me Sarthe goes like this: Long straight -> parking lot curves -> long straight -> parking lot curves.. And so on. It's also somewhat incoherent.. You approach one of those chicanes and you don't see how it goes. Of course you can learn it and it becomes easier.. It's like Monzas messed up big sister :D I remember playing Grand Prix Circuit as a kid and already then I hated Monza.

I just think those longer tracks should have different kinds of sections. Le Mans is just the same corners and straights repeated.

I found this little beauty for sale in my area. I'd LOVE to own this car :sly:
This is a 1969 Fiat 500L model, not the 500F that is in the game. The L stands for Lusso or Luxury.
The 500L had a padded dash, upscale interior trim, and over rider bumpers.

my father's car when i was... kid ..

PS. the "R" (1972) was more powerful.. in GT too ... ;)

IR

Last edited:
I just think those longer tracks should have different kinds of sections. Le Mans is just the same corners and straights repeated.

It isn't the most varied track but it is certainly more than just the same corners and straights repeated. The bit from Mulsanne corner all the way to the Ford Chicanes is incredibly varied, and the Porsche Curves are too fun to be dumbed down as 'parking lot curves'.

I understand the importance of tracks like Le Mans for those who are fans of real world racing. But I'd say I'm more a fan of driving fast and cars in general. I think the tracks designed by PD themselves are much more fun.

To me Sarthe goes like this: Long straight -> parking lot curves -> long straight -> parking lot curves.. And so on. It's also somewhat incoherent.. You approach one of those chicanes and you don't see how it goes. Of course you can learn it and it becomes easier.. It's like Monzas messed up big sister :D I remember playing Grand Prix Circuit as a kid and already then I hated Monza.

I invite you: Try to be in the World Top 10 in the Circuit Experience of this track (that will come in the next update).
Then you tell me what you think. ;)

Back