GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
Well I'm grateful for the course news, really happy about this. The only thing I'm not a fan of are some of the cars. Another BRZ & Renault Sport Clio? I was expecting maybe a classic MINI & some 1990's era Hondas. Oh well, maybe in the next updates.

Double-checked. Sorry, my mistake

That's a different situation. While Verstappen gets flak for being too young (which I think is complete rubbish), it doesn't have to do anything with the rules set by the FiA. The age limit is done for a whole range of legal reasons, not only because people think underage people are too inexperienced.

If people think that's the reason, then I'll tell them to come back to me after they've beaten Nik.

I don't know why, but reading that puts a huge smile on my face. I can imagine them now how they're lining up in the queue. :)

Any source for the FIA discussing an age-minimum before September 2014?

Nope, but the fact that they even started discussing the rule meant they doubted what they did for Max.

I think you'll find the rule might've been made in 2014 but it wasn't introduced until 2016.

But it sparked the debate on talent vs age vs experience. It showed that age shouldn't be a factor or barrier when it comes to proving true driving talent. F1 didn't think about it that way though and implemented this rule.

Last edited:
Just going to mention that Group C cars running with newer LMP cars has been a series tradition since the early days.

Also, if you’re complaining about BoP, this is the same game where GT3 cars have oval circuit BoP with over 800hp, and the Pikes Peaks Audi Quattro from the 80s is balanced against cars that are closer to modern WRC machines. (Don’t forget the FIA certified Bugatti Veyron GT4!)

Last edited:
You don't? Look at that time gap of 15+ seconds. How do you, realistically, BoP that without making a Group C, not Group C anymore, or choking to death the LMP1?
Read the complete post after my phone decided to post.

Ah, but it's got a different front bumper! :P

Has it? I thought it was just the daytime running lights that had changed shape. Or are they fog lights?

EDIT: The headlights and lower lights have changed, as has the silver bit around the lower lights.

Finally. :cheers:

Conspiracy theory time, however. The ear bleeding music in the trailer was used in the hope that players would turn deaf, and thereby not notice the sound used for the Sauber C9. Let's all pray I'm wrong.

K32
I don't know why, but that puts a huge smile on my face. I can imagine them lining up in the queue. :)

Nope, but the fact that they even started discussing the rulemeant they doubted what they did for Max.
The thing is, I don't doubt Nik's pace at all. I had the honor of racing against him every now and then in the FiA races, and his race pace is real. He's my idol for being so fast despite being the same age as I. Trust me, I regret that he's too young to enter. Seeing him being so fast gives me inspiration that hey, maybe I can do this as well. Seeing him not being able to enter the championship is really saddening. But I understand why 18 is the age requirement.

Maybe the FiA did doubt Verstappen when he was able to obtain an S-license before he was 18, but I'm thinking its because the FiA didn't even consider someone would be able to pull off such a feat. If the FiA did think someone will be able to do this, I think they imposed that age limit a long tine ago. Imagine if Verstappen got himself seriously injured in an incident, who would take responsibility? He's not an adult yet, so I assume someone else has to take responsibility. And what's he gonna do with the wine that's served when you finish podium?

I honestly don't know how we was able to handle contracts as well.

Finally. :cheers:

Conspiracy theory time, however. The ear bleeding music in the trailer was used in the hope that players would turn deaf, and thereby not notice the sound used for the Sauber C9. Let's all pray I'm wrong.

Wait, you can hear (or notice as you put it) the C9?

I'm assuming that Gr.C will be for rally cars i.e numbers for road racers and letters for rally.
OK.

Is there any official position about the category of Group C cars?

It will be really frustrating to put Group C cars in the Gr.1 or Gr. X category.

I hope not to censor it, would be a beautiful demonstration of maturity and an example to follow, something similar already done by Sector3 and SimBin Studios in RaceRoom. I do not like black banners on the car windshield when i play Project Cars..

PD had no problem with Iracing banners at Tsukuka so the same could happen with Forza

What do you guys think about this: when I created my PSN account I was under 18 and I entered a wrong year of my date of birth. Am I doomed now? I'll try to contact the PS support tomorrow but I don't have my hopes up...

Read the complete post after my phone decided to post.

Your post just says PD will BoP them. Tell me something I don't know. What I'm asking you is: can PD, realistically, BoP them? The answer is: they can't. Closing a 15 second gap (not to mention different fuel consumption rates) is not happening without significant changes to both types of car, at which point they become unrealistic representations of their real-life counterparts, for the sake of in-game balance. You see where my problem is? I want to drive an LMP1 with performance figures of an LMP1 and a Group C with performance figures of a Group C. This is why I don't like race cars in GT Sport, they're attempting to make apples race oranges by, essentially making cars "apges" or "oranples". Their original and correct performance is erased.

That's not true. The chicanes were added in 1990. That's the 787B's career right there

That was my mistake. Group C made it into the chicane era. They did start without them though.

I have the same problem. Hopefully.

If Group C had tons of downforce, then tell me. Just how much downforce do LMP1 cars have today?

The Group C cars we got aren't even the ones that tried to create downforce. They have sleek, knife-like bodies and low wings because they're specifically designed for Le Mans. Sure they had ground effects, but with so many years passing by, do you really think modern LMP1s cannot achieve the same ground effect despite more limitations to the diffuser size?
When did I say lmp1's can't make the same or close to the amount of downforce as group c? If you go to sites like Mulsannes corner there's a lot of good technical information about the drag and lift levels of prototype cars new and old. That should give you an idea of what these group c cars were able to achieve vs the modern days.

Back