GT Sport's Next Update Arrives This Week, Adds Mazda RX-Vision

Pretty obvious they're full steam ahead on GT7 at this point so the fizzling out of the regular updates was expected really.

All in all I don't think there's any reason to complain. We got 2 1/2hr year of comprehensive, free updates including several tracks and big-name cars. All at no cost. If you look at the greedy business practices of pretty much every other gaming franchise the size of GT, this really has been a pretty fair deal.

next month there is a A multi platform Sim racing game that is starting to To dominate the PC world in Assetto Corsa Competizione is coming to console, now if all goes as planed and the port from pc works well GT sport is in Trouble,

That does rather baffle me. GT found and brilliantly filled a niche that no other game managed, it was a wonderful homage to cars. The internet has plenty of questions from PC owners looking for a game like GT. Now GTS has moved the franchise towards a place that is already expertly and heavily populated, and there's nothing really scratching the GT itch.

Sure, it has its good qualities. I really like the circuit experience, it does its job well. I even managed to learn Nurburgring. I like the clean race bonus in the campaign. But the whole "journey" aspect GT campaigns used to have feels totally absent for me. It just showers me with car after car. "You switched the PS4 on - have a car! You booted up GTS - have a car! You browsed a menu item - have a car! You selected that menu item - have a car! You took a dump - have a car! You wiped - have a car! You flushed - have a car!"

Don't even get me started on the need to be logged in to play anything other than arcade. I hope the next GT goes back to its roots, using what was learned from GTS as a solid backbone for the multiplayer component. I won't deny it does that well. I also hope it somehow comes to the PS4. If PS5 can do 4k at 240fps or whatever, I can live with 1080 at 60fps. A guy can dream, I suppose.

I might possibly maybe be tempted by a PS5 if there's a full-on CarPG GT. If it's another GTS, I just can't see myself taking the plunge; I might as well just play Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2 on my PC.

...well, seems GTS is dead for updates, Kaz, where are original tracks for GTS?

Ah, next excuse will be, we are working on next GT, we know that you are for last few years already rofl...
You do know they're working on GT: Leisure, right?

It's inbetween GT7 & GT8. Still for ages 7-77.
Instead of all the high heartrate racing stuff, this one is purely cruising. You heard of adaptive tessalation? Well, this puppy will have Adaptive Cruise Control. No pause button needed.

It'll be the Real Coach Potato Simulator.
No GR.1/2/3/4. Strictly GR.N(at first. Race cars may come later through a GT League of sorts).

Car list leaks show the Toyota GR Century, Bentley(return to the franchise) Turbo R, Audi S8, (what looks to be) a Chrysler(return to the franchise) Imperial, Lincoln(return to the franchise) Town car, Chevrolet Bel Air and Cadillac(return to the franchise) Eldorado.

I'll tag Famine, to see if he's got more info.

Pretty obvious they're full steam ahead on GT7 at this point so the fizzling out of the regular updates was expected really.

All in all I don't think there's any reason to complain. We got 2 1/2hr year of comprehensive, free updates including several tracks and big-name cars. All at no cost. If you look at the greedy business practices of pretty much every other gaming franchise the size of GT, this really has been a pretty fair deal.

Hear, hear!

Eh, I'll give it a try; I enjoy trying a fictional race car every so often. I'm still partially hoping this leads to a production Mazda RX sports car eventually.

It's a two and a half year old game. The hell are you expecting to get out of it at this point?
I'm rather shocked that there's people even expecting anything major at all, considering that Kaz months back said that PD is cutting down on content this year.

Im little surpriced they are killing the momentum of the game like that. I for one would have preferred to keep adding content and then transfer it to PS5 one way or the other. As it is "just" a driving game and a good platform, all it needs for PS5 would be enhanced graphics and maybe full VR support. Everything could be done through updates. Was it just cars and tracks of full out singleplayer -mode, Id rather take paid dlc than another title. Would be better to keep everything in one place and not divide playerbase between titles.
If you're shocked about them doing this, then I'm guessing you didn't pay attention to what Kaz said a few months back about cutting down on content.

With that said, I honestly don't agree. I really just rather if they make a new Gran Turismo game on the PS5 than update GT Sport. They can still use the GT Sport physics engine and graphics, but that's it. Everything else would have to be changed.

I don't care too much about this car; I mean it's something I guess...

I say that but I'll still drive it anyway

...well, seems GTS is dead for updates, Kaz, where are original tracks for GTS?
Probably in GT7.

Ah, next excuse will be, we are working on next GT, we know that you are for last few years already rofl...
It's all about the number of employees working on both. Figure you have half working on GT Sport updates, half working on GT7. When you reduce work on GT Sport and allocate those employees to GT7, it gets done faster. But I would think that people would be smart enough to realize this.

Now thats hilarious - you complain of people complaining by complaining when no-one else has been complaining. My comment there is an opininion on the direction of the games development and a thought how transition to nex gen could be handled in an online oriented game. You dont see Counter Strike and iRacing putting out title after title. They expand. Cant see why that wouldnt work in consoles. Would be good for the community of the game to stay together.
Who knows what Racing games are going to be like on the PS5 and they might expand, instead of title after title like you said. I wonder if most things from GT Sport server save data will go over to GT7.

forza pumped out and still pumps out their cars for free ;)

so no - Polyphony is no longer the only „robin hood“ here and thy needed this dlc because at the start the game had close to no content at all simply because it was unfinished.

And I would be ok with low dlc support now if we knew they have the big thjng ready soon.
But they don‘t talk so we don‘t know.

More than 100 million of sales. Would Sony deny it?

And exactly where is there any indication or even previous data that those sales numbers would be guaranteed from said decision?

If history is anything to go by the really dark windows often means no cockpit design. I hope it is available though. This thing looks really cool, not over the top. It looks like it could be a real life GT3 competitor. I like it Mazda, good job. Also I really wished we got the cockpit for Mercedes VGT. I watched Batman in Justice League and I was like oh man they actually created one for the movie car. I was Hoping PD could have borrowed it. :P

But they don‘t talk so we don‘t know.

The lack of information sucks. I wonder if we would've gotten at least a piece of information about GT7 weren't it for corona. Probably not though. Surely they must've reassessed their information policy after how awfully they did back in the day during the runup to GT5...

Which would be a pretty bad mistake if true

Not with cross-generational online play, should that ever become a thing. Remember, PS4 and PS5 share the same hardware architecture.

edit: Actually it will. Here's the article on it.

Last edited:
And exactly where is there any indication or even previous data that those sales numbers would be guaranteed from said decision?
Well, I mean selling games in a platform that has been sold hundred million is indeed a good opportunity. Say it will sell 5% of 100 million. How many is that!? I am just feeling it, but who knows. And what about Assetto Corsa Competizione arriving on PS4?

I think there's a disconnect between "cutting down on content" and "one car a month" if that.

If like asking for federal help and you get thrown a package of paper towels...

More than 100 million of sales. Would Sony deny it?
In that case why bring out a new console at all then?

Gran Turismo has always been a system seller for Sony. Bringing GT Next out on both PS4 and PS5 would limit what you can do in feature terms such as dynamic time and weather, as the PS4 is not capable of it at GT Sport level graphics, and render the PS5 just a prettier version.

I expect GT Next to land Q4 2021 - Q2 2022.

I feel like Sony are moving heaven and earth for day one release of GT7 and they're doing a combo package PS5 + GT7 just to really hammer the nail into the coffin. We all know Sony cannot lose at all next gen so why not bury the competition.

In that case why bring out a new console at all then?

Gran Turismo has always been a system seller for Sony. Bringing GT Next out on both PS4 and PS5 would limit what you can do in feature terms such as dynamic time and weather, as the PS4 is not capable of it at GT Sport level graphics, and render the PS5 just a prettier version.

I expect GT Next to land Q4 2021 - Q2 2022.
I still remember Assetto Corsa Competizione was being said not capable running on PS4. :lol:
Yes, Gran Turismo is a very important franchise for PlayStation brand but I think PS4 sales had not been influenced by Gran Turismo Sport at its early years, and PS5 also doesn't need it. Other first party games can help it. After all it's not bad if next GT will be released on both generations, good for gamers and good for company since not everyone is an early adapter.

This is true. They havent really released any kind of idea on what may be PS5 exclusive? or is that not a thing?

Will something like Tsushima be ps4/5 compatible with high quality on the 5?

The ps4 wallopped everyone with a 'weak' Gran Turismo entry to say the least.

Aside from all this talk about GT7 (which to be honest we're swaying away from the original topic which is the Mazda), I look forward in making a livery for that Mazda and using these car liveries as the base.

6933619433_60b4160314_b.jpg

103661089.jpg

092117-exodyne-electric-motorcycle-DR-CROSS-RACECAR.jpg

Aside from all this talk about GT7 (which to be honest we're swaying away from the original topic which is the Mazda), I look forward in making a livery for that Mazda and using these car liveries as the base.

6933619433_60b4160314_b.jpg

103661089.jpg

092117-exodyne-electric-motorcycle-DR-CROSS-RACECAR.jpg
That's what I'm talking about. So much rotary goodness. Might be the most selected car, over the MX-5 this time. ;)

If history is anything to go by the really dark windows often means no cockpit design. I hope it is available though. This thing looks really cool, not over the top. It looks like it could be a real life GT3 competitor. I like it Mazda, good job. Also I really wished we got the cockpit for Mercedes VGT. I watched Batman in Justice League and I was like oh man they actually created one for the movie car. I was Hoping PD could have borrowed it. :P

I'd prefer more cars with no cock-pit view. Yes they are nice and good to look at for a few seconds. I personally never drive in that view, the time and resources used for creating that view could be used for more cars. I am thinking more Gr1 cars. It would be really nice to see old favourites such as the TS020 or R390.

I'd also love to see more old Group C cars or old 'JGTC' cars.

That's just my opinion though, there may be many out there that prefer a highly detailed interior to more cars.

Back