GT Sport's Next Update Arrives This Week, Adds Mazda RX-Vision

No, it's not even slightly like that. It's more like TAG Heuer coming up with a watch it calls Forza while it's partnered with Gran Turismo. Or a Michelin Assetto Corsa tyre. These are words which have relevant meanings (power, and race trim) in Italian, but are competitor brands to Gran Turismo and not desirable on its partners' products.

TAG Heuer is GT's official timing partner. The likelihood of it being pleased that a Gran Turismo game has the name of a competitor timing brand in the title is pretty much zero - even if the word itself has relevant meanings not connected to the fact it's also a rival brand.
Even if it were say, the name of a mode or feature, and not the title of the game?

I doubt that. That'd be like saying you can't say the term "Gran Turismo" in another racing game - like to describe what the "GT" in a car's name stands for - because the Gran Turismo videogame series exists.

Do you do anything other than trying to instigate arguments with people on here?

Fiat just be sat there holding the trademark for Turismo Sport Omologato, and they all like, whatev's brah... and Rolex be like... already in the game SUCKAH.

Do you do anything other than trying to instigate arguments with people on here?
LOL, the irony.
Here we go with the usual complaint-comments even though we're about 2+ years after release, mental gymnastics and conspiracy theories about how the update is technically the full price of a console + the game + living expenses (?!), followed by "YoUr CoMpLaInInG aBoUt PeOpLe CoMpLaInInG" in response to this comment.

How do we know it’s coming this week, anyway, when the tweet says it’s coming next week? And why specifically this Friday when it feels like updates are usually on Tuesdays?

How do we know it’s coming this week, anyway, when the tweet says it’s coming next week? And why specifically this Friday when it feels like updates are usually on Tuesdays?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3024515.html

Additionally, in accordance with the addition of the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT, scheduled for release on Friday 22 May, players will be given an additional chance to change their affiliated manufacturer. However, please note that in this case players will lose all their effective points when changing from another manufacturer.

Pretty sure the tweet saying next week was made last week.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3024515.html

Additionally, in accordance with the addition of the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT, scheduled for release on Friday 22 May, players will be given an additional chance to change their affiliated manufacturer. However, please note that in this case players will lose all their effective points when changing from another manufacturer.

Pretty sure the tweet saying next week was made last week.

The tweet was send on Sunday the May 17th;
💡 Note that in Japan the first day of the week is Sunday , so next week will begin Sunday 24th ....:crazy:

Hmm, the silhouette looks rather svelte compared to the early teaser.

It most likely is the shadow playing tricks on my eyes and the outline is infact the exact same render.
I'm just hopeless at the whole 'guess what silhouette this is' gag.

The lack of information sucks. I wonder if we would've gotten at least a piece of information about GT7 weren't it for corona. Probably not though. Surely they must've reassessed their information policy after how awfully they did back in the day during the runup to GT5...

Not with cross-generational online play, should that ever become a thing. Remember, PS4 and PS5 share the same hardware architecture.

edit: Actually it will. Here's the article on it.

exactly!

Corona can‘t be the excuse for not talking to your fans.
I tried it many times on their facebook page but they just ignore questions.

PD has to step up in their PR department and finally being communative.

And yes GT Sport sold well but cmon guys.
We all saw it. Not even 2 weeks after release at least in germany the price was down to 35 euros from 59 euros.
And after 2 weeks this is crazy!

I won‘t deny that the whole free dlc made a great game out of it but it never caught me like their previous titles.

when I think about GT I think about a big ass career and also hundreds of cars and many tracks.

and sure maybe some tracks got too expensive but again no excuse for not releasing old and
new fictional tracks.

I am happy to own xbox & PS4.
But when I compare the content of Forza 7 to GT Sports..... well its just crazy.

Still I hope PD will give us a nice GT7 but still only one car as DLC does not get me too excited.

#

I think that was down to Forza Horizon 4 and the Forza series myself but I keep hoping it might get added one day...

the time exclusive deal is long gone for this one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
*Welp* guess I will be up early on Friday to start work on my first livery for the new Mazda. 👍

Not expecting anything else to change but hopefully there might be something when the news article for the car arrives.

There's more to that phrase than it being a watch maker.

The whole topic is semantics really IMHO. The supposition is that Tag Heuer would picky enough, or contractually able (i.e. by mutual agreement) to put pressure on PD to enforce any action. Since we don't know if that's actually true it's all a bit irrelevant.

Unless they've paid big money to be there, Tag's contribution to the game is bugger all. PD have the in game timing covered... this is not a situation where Tag Heuer Timing are providing equipment and are hence the Official Timing Partner... it's just a marketing opportunity for them. Would they get the hump if a game mode was called Gran Turismo Omologato? Maybe, I think it would be stupid, but maybe, and it's their money. If all of a sudden Omologato Watches became the Official Time Piece of Gran Turismo, alongside Tag Heuer being the official timing partner, then yeah... you'd see where they were coming from.

Given that Tag Heuers direct rivals appear in the game, I'm not sure they'd be petty enough to quibble the use of a verb to refer to a mode in console game on the basis it happens to be the name of another (cheaper?) watch maker.

image.png

It has an interior. I'm so glad.

Back