GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just need to bring back the good old speculation game:

Track: Sportsland SUGO (yes I'm playing hard with PD's unpredictability)

Cars:
1 - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI 2001 (N200) - the easy one
2 - Nissan Leaf 2018 (Gr.X) - the new to the series one
3 - Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205 1998 (N300) - the converted one
4 - Bentley Speed 8 2003 (Gr.1) - the racing one
5 - Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel 1970 (N400) - the classic one

Last edited:
translation from Magyar to English
You are correct, the hungarian sentence is like: Up to 3 tracks may come in the next update.
Keeping in mind that they post in both languages, some simplification can happen in either of them.
(Sorry, I didn't see what happened in this discussion since your post.)

Very interesting how they find the dates straight from the site itself.

If the pattern is to be followed (And just for fun), it leads me to play a dangerious game of guessing what dates this little system of theirs finds, which would be:

1.43 - September 24th (Week after the Red Bull Hanger 7 World Tour)
1.44 - October 29th (About two days after the Tokyo Auto Show World Tour
1.45 - November 26th ( About 2 days after the World Final)
1.46 - December 24th (As opposed to the 31st for obvious reasons)
Quite reasonable, I have to say. The activities always give us a hint of when they would come.

Does this mean New York is returning from GT4?
kmd02.jpg

Doubt it.
I would jump on my bed from happiness like a 5-year-old kid.
Or like a 45-year-old man:lol::lol:
zHVaGRl.gif

I Know of get of conditions of rain, out tracks, layouts the more cars of patch.

Going to point out that the same source, Race Online Hungary, also supposadly said that their 'GTSH-Rank ranking engine' found out that 'something exciting happening at the end of this month [June]' along with an image of Silverstone + tags of Cape Ring, Silverstone and Deep Forest.

Guess what, none of those 3 tracks came in the June update, and the same track of Silverstone was the guess made here at GTPlanet purely based on the number of 'TBA' Entires in the FIA Calendar.

Essentially, take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt for now.

(Their post about the June update featuring 'something exciting happening' with the tags mentioned)

In this article, it has a 'if you are still skeptical, they got July correct' paragraph, so why not a 'oh they also got June completely wrong / were very misleading and ambigious' paragraph.

I Believe of Silverstone stay for next patch, the deep forest am later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the wet weather conditions will probably be on limited circuits at first, it's unrealistic to expect all circuits to have wet conditions in one update.

First and foremost, get the thread back on-topic. Now.

Secondly, this isn't a thread to discuss your YouTube followers, clicks, what information you discovered first, etc. — We don't care.
This isn't a thread to toss around thinly-veiled insults or goad other people into stooping down to your level — It will get you banned, and more importantly, we don't care.
If you don't like being here and are going to make such a childish showing of that fact, then leave. It's as simple as that.

The childish back and forth ends now. There's no discussion to be had other than what this thread pertains to: GT Sport's next update reportedly arriving towards the end of August.

My apologies @Terronium-12. My part is done now. I'll take reprimanding if needed.

Back on topic now, I somehow don't think we're going to get rain this update. I feel like they're saving that for a special 'Spec 2.0' style update. I do however hope to see the Plymouth AAR Cuda from GT6 come back. 👍

I think the wet weather conditions will probably be on limited circuits at first, it's unrealistic to expect all circuits to have wet conditions in one update.
Are the rain conditions something that needs to be modeled for every circuit individually or are they a general feature that can be developed separately and then adapted to every track?

Are the rain conditions something that needs to be modeled for every circuit individually or are they a general feature that can be developed separately and then adapted to every track?

It needs to be modelled for every track, conditions wise. The rain could be an overlay, but that's all I know about it :)

I was doing some "math" and found out that there are only 24 premium American cars from GT6 left that have yet to be added to GT Sport.
I say 24 because although there are more, those other cars are either duplicates, custom cars (SEMA, Jay Leno, etc.), or NASCARs. I have hope that the majority of the following cars will come to GT Sport.
  • Hudson Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59
  • Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
  • Chevrolet Nova SS '70
  • Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
  • Chevrolet Z06 (C5) '04
  • Chevrolet Z06 (C6) '06
  • Ford Focus ST '06
  • Infinti G35 Coupe '06
  • Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
  • Tesla Roadster '08
  • Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08
  • Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
  • Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11
  • Dodge Charger SRT8 '11
  • Scion FR-S '12
  • Fisker Karma EcoSport '12
  • Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
  • Shelby GT500 '13
  • Deltawing '13
  • Ford Focus ST '13

Click bait!
Not really, no.

Clickbait is stuff that uses a vague or obscured title so that you have to click on it to find out the single piece of information inside it - it baits you to click. We gave all of the salient information in the title, so that you don't have to. Clickbait also tends to be definitive with things that are really more speculative, and often adds details to sex it up a bit*.

It'd be clickbait if it said something like "GT Sport's Next Update Date Leaked and You Won't Believe What's Coming!", so you'd have to click on it to find out what the date is definitely and the features it's definitely bringing, rather than "GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27" which tells you what the date is and makes clear that it's not concrete and has no embellishment.

Our article is pretty much about why that date is plausible, based on how the people who discovered that date did so - which took a bit of fact-checking and time to corroborate because single-source reporting is almost exclusively trash.

*I made this mistake a few weeks back when I started on an article and put in a working title that mentioned rain before I wrote anything else. On fact-checking the rain detail I realised that it wasn't quite so clear-cut - and the article reflected that - but I hit Publish before I changed the title to reflect that; it went onto the site, and then social media, with the working title which was definitive instead of speculative. Very much my fault, that one.

Would love some more lobby features to turn up, but may be a big ask as they are rare.

Damn it I missed it

Imagine if some street circuits appear in GT Sport like Tokyo R246, New York, Seattle Circuit, Special Stage Route 5, Special Stage Route 11, I would love if some of these returned the franchise. Just imagine the job for Polyphony to bring these tracks to this consoles generation.

Not exact sure why would PD even bring back the Scion when its waay older then both the BRZ and GT 86.

Also, its a dead brand that has nowhere near the cache of Pontiac sooo...
But you never know from PD. They added the 2016 Renault Clio even though we already had the 2015 which is virtually the same car. So I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they added the FR-S.

But you never know from PD. They added the 2016 Renault Clio even though we already had the 2015 which is virtually the same car. So I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they added the FR-S.

I get PD do weird things, but bringing essentially a year later face lift of the same model from the same Manufacturer is no where as weird as bringing back a badge job model from dead brand that is 5 years older then the current ones already in the game. At least the facelift is up to date (sort've), the FR-S is....old and dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back