GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get PD do weird things, but bringing essentially a year later face lift of the same model from the same Manufacturer is no where as weird as bringing back a badge job model from dead brand that is 5 years older then the current ones already in the game. At least the facelift is up to date (sort've), the FR-S is....old and dead.

Your logic doesn't work... Then why are we having the Ferrari F50 or even the defunct brand Plymouth....

They are obsolete by modern standards...

Personally I want all the cars that were ever existed on the road... Avoiding duplicates first....

The more cars we have the merrier...

I would welcome the Scion....

Imagine if some street circuits appear in GT Sport like Tokyo R246, New York, Seattle Circuit, Special Stage Route 5, Special Stage Route 11, I would love if some of these returned the franchise. Just imagine the job for Polyphony to bring these tracks to this consoles generation.
PD might only add them back through GT7, unless some tracks there are lucky and still get added in GT Sport sometime before the former comes out.

Your logic doesn't work... Then why are we having the Ferrari F50 or even the defunct brand Plymouth....

They are obsolete by modern standards...

Here is what I was getting at from my previous post:

Not exact sure why would PD even bring back the Scion when its waay older then both the BRZ and GT 86.

Also, its a dead brand that has nowhere near the cache of Pontiac sooo...

The point I'm making is unlike them or Plymouth, Scion has nowhere near their cache. Literally every car (Apart from the TC, which even then wasn't a big hit as far as I'm aware) is a straight rebrand of a Toyota car, including the FR-S. The ones that did sale, guarantee those people immediately plucked off the Scion badge as they knew what it actually was. Not even sure why the F50 is even bought up when my point is the logic in bringing back what is nothing more then a rebadge from a dead brand, Something Ferrari is no where near (and I'd be pretty shocked should that happen). As I said, A slight facelift from a still alive brand (because check out those Renault Sport Foglamps) still makes way more sense then bringing a rebadge that is not only waaay older in its last appearance then the 2015 Models (both of which had actual stylistic differences), but again comes from a dead brand that again doesn't quite have the staying power in its absence like Pontiac and Plymouth does.

So automobile worthiness is what you are saying...

...which sounds rather subjective....

Anyhow... Back on topic:

I doubt the Scion will make to this update, even if I dont mind it... I would much rather have the BMW E31
BMW 840Ci, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, Alpina B12 5.7 Coupé.jpg

Just logged onto Forza 7 with one of my alt accounts. Amazing to see some of the newer cars. T10 gave two Hyundai Velosters as free content. The FK8 Civic Type R, M8 GTE, three new style Mustangs, the list goes on and on. It seems the newest cars we'd be getting(and have gotten) are Toyotas - even though I called the C8 to pop up this update.

I doubt we'd get a Toyota Mark X/Mark X GRMN in this game. A Vitz and Prius would be more likely.

It needs to be modelled for every track, conditions wise. The rain could be an overlay, but that's all I know about it :)
It's been posted Kaz saying Willow Springs wouldn't be getting rain. Unfortunately, but logically. As for street tracks, would be a PD move if it were a totally new location. Fictional or real.

A defunct brand that could return is Buick. That'd be an N300 car that could star in the next FIA event. Other than the C8, as a possible USA car in the next update, the GNX would be that Standard to Premium model.

So automobile worthiness is what you are saying...

...which sounds rather subjective....

Not sure I'd say "Worthiness" as I'm not exactly a fan of putting things on a pedestal (and it overall just reeks of that "Car guy" snobbery I try to stay away from). It is subjective indeed, I'm not even saying it isn't. Thing is, the interest with brands time and time again paints that picture. Put up a pole for what Automotive brand people want back the most and I guarantee out of these 3, Pontiac and Plymouth are taking a landslide 1-2 in the standings with Scion a distant 3rd.

A defunct brand that could return is Buick. That'd be an N300 car that could star in the next FIA event. Other than the C8, as a possible USA car in the next update, the GNX would be that Standard to Premium model.

I know it really seems that way, but Buick somehow isn't actually defuct yet. Unless you mean defunct as "not in GTS yet"

I know it really seems that way, but Buick somehow isn't actually defuct yet. Unless you mean defunct as "not in GTS yet"
MAn, I haven't even kept up on that news. Thought it was toast after Oldsmobile and Pontiac. Though, last thing I remember was the Opel Insignia/Holden Commodore being rebadged as a Buick, but don't know if that ever happened.

Edit: :lol: Just looked it up. Internet is an amazing thing...:dopey:
https://www.buick.com/crossovers/regal-tourx-luxury-wagon

Biggest thing for Buick not joining Pontiac and Oldsmobile in the graveyard is that brand's popularity in China.
Not to mention Saturn joined the two as well, Pontiac and Oldsmobile. This is the biggest problem when there's so many brands affiliated with one corporation at the same time.

Not to mention Saturn joined the two as well, Pontiac and Oldsmobile. This is the biggest problem when there's so many brands affiliated with one corporation at the same time.

I can't really put Saturn in the same league as Oldsmobile and Pontiac. Saturn's lifespan was a small blip compared to the other two and most of Saturn's offering are on the forgettable side nowadays.

I can't really put Saturn in the same league as Oldsmobile and Pontiac. Saturn's lifespan was a small blip compared to the other two and most of Saturn's offering are on the forgettable side nowadays.
I mean they had the same fate which they faced either almost a decade or more than a decade ago..

It was a hit in Frisky Dingo...

Wasn't the new Alpine A110 also added in an update? Forza doesn't have it yet either
That's a 2017 model. The Toyotas are 2019.

Forza may not have the A110 or New Toyoas, but the way it looks by updates, is that PD would most likely model a new (2019)Toyota, over an other brand. "2019" Supra Gr.3 Concept, 2019 GR Supra RZ, 2019 TRD Tundra. over the span of late 2018, new 2019 cars from all makes are introduced. In that time til today, we could have at least got another 2019 car from a different brand. Maybe a new 3-series or i30N or Mazda , etc. That's all I'm saying. Again, PD could be waiting to do that for the next game. If so, I feel they'd showcase more Toyotas before anything else. In the same breathe, it brings me back to the exception of the C8, via my C7 theory.

Edit: One more thing about duplicates. F7 just got the 718 GT4 car. It's something we could probably get in GT Sport. Seeing we have multiple Gr.3(RC F, M6, Supra, FT-1) cars in certain brands, could happen for Gr.4.

Last edited:
And some how we wound up with this
View attachment 842150

But then, we did get this
View attachment 842151

PD just kept missing the mark.

I read a post from 2003 on a Fiero message board that mentioned a Fiero model being among the list of cars in Gran Turismo 4. Wonder if they actually did create one, but it ended up being a late scratch. That was early on in the Pontiac license too.

I do love American cars however I feel cars like the Fiero only get an American audience. Everyone outside of the US wont be that interested.

On the subject of Nissan, I could see them adding a few more Skylines. I’m thinking one of the 1960s models since they’ve added a pair of JDMs from that era pretty recently. And maybe an R30.
Maybe they should add a race car Z in the future. There's not much of it unlike in the previous titles.

Regarding Plymouth and Pontiac, I'd love to see the Prowler and Solstice return/be added to the game. I think those both would be fun road cars especially with tuning. I agree that Scion likely won't show up, nothing significantly different from Toyota's lineup. At this point, aside from Lotus if they ever figure out the licensing issues, and maybe Bentley as a returning car, I don't know if we'll see any new brands in GT Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back