GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a Stock Car(NASCAR) series of cars(as much as I could) in GT6. Such a good stable of Muscle Cars.

How does rain tracks get implemented in the UI in the last world tour? Do they get their own separate entry or you can choose to "add" it to the existing time of day? Because if it's the latter, then I'm hoping PD will implement a surprise rain in some FIA events post update. Just like in real life, you can't predict the forecast until the day of the race itself :D

Well this started earlier than expected!

Still I have some initial thoughts about the next DLC which I think are gonna happen.

1. We will be teased with the rain again on a different track at the next live show in August, I am 90% convinced we will have to wait (again)
like they held onto the Red Bull Gran Turismo 2019 car model which I understand had been in private builds for race events before,
someone correct me if necessary?

2. If it is a three track variant of circuits and they are not modelling something new Silver stone comes to mind but so does Cape Ring.

I am hoping for more than five cars this time as with it being after a world tour event, either way I will have to watch the tour event now!

Well that ends this thread.

How so?

There are still so many unanswered questions

Their oopsy Daisy moment has resulted in "well that escalated quickly" moment....

1.42 will still be dropped on Aug27 despite their denial
Rain will come but not necessarily with 1.42

Everything is on the table for discussion

How so?

There are still so many unanswered questions

Their oopsy Daisy moment has resulted in "well that escalated quickly" moment....

1.42 will still be dropped on Aug27 despite their denial
Rain will come but not necessarily with 1.42

Everything is on the table for discussion

You serious, Clark? If anything, it further confirms it in my eyes. PD acted too quickly to fix the leak; if it didn't have some shred of truth to it, they'd probably ignore it.

The article is reporting on the next update being confirmed for a particular date and the only source for that, is now saying otherwise. So the article is already out of date and now has no substance behind it. Now, yes, the topic could be changed to focus more on the generic 'is rain coming????' discussions that have been on this forum for month.

If the source was correct regarding how the data is found, then that data now being incorrect doesn't necessarily mean PD have changed it due to the 'leak'. It could mean many things if true.

By the way, I have no idea what you mean by calling me Clark, TrafficEmpire.

He could have called you Superman, but prefer to help you keep anonymity.... Oops sorry.. :lol:

The source denying their reveal might just be an official form of saying to Kaz: "sorry we stole your thunder and so here we are fixing the error by giving you back the thunder.... Nothing to see here everyone, move along ..."

The source denying their reveal might just be an official form of saying to Kaz: "sorry we stole your thunder and so here we are fixing the error by giving you back the thunder.... Nothing to see here everyone, move along ..."

Maybe. No matter what though, an article about the next update being reported for a specific date, now with no source, is not an article that needs to be discussed further.

I´m sure, the rain stages are only available at the moment in the world tour, in after the end of those events maybe the rain comes to us.
December or january.

Well...after the confirmation we are in 0, let´s begin the speculation again.

Last edited:
Does this mean New York is returning from GT4?
kmd02.jpg

Doubt it.

Hope not.

Not to be pedantic or anything, but isn't it a massive no-no to be reporting something as 3rd-party-ish as that as if it was a news story?

Not to be pedantic or anything, but isn't it a massive no-no to be reporting something as 3rd-party-ish as that as if it was a news story?
If we were reporting that - like if we saw it and then just talked about how "site x" was saying this was the release date - yes... ish.

We dug into their source (as mentioned in the article), which is anything but third-party, and checked their findings first*. Of course we have to give credit to them for finding it, as they were the people who brought it to attention, and our article covers how they found it rather than just who and what.

That took a little bit of time, which put us behind other outlets who just did the former.

*and found a couple more interesting things aside; we see why they're talking about wet weather courses, but given how that information appears we wouldn't be quite as confident to even speculate it will be in this update... not that this stopped other outlets!

Last edited:
In b4 the update drops and all we hear is:

WHERE THE **** IS SPA PD, WHY ARE YOU SO LAZY LITERALLY EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE HAS THE TRACK, THIS GAME SUCKS.

GT6 has it... It is incomprehensible why GTS doesn't have it from the get go... :confused::confused::confused:

Why ??? It is almost as if PD and Kaz owe us an answer here... :D :lol:

GT6 has it... It is incomprehensible why GTS doesn't have it from the get go... :confused::confused::confused:

Why ??? It is almost as if PD and Kaz owe us an answer here... :D :lol:
Simple: Even within the same tracks, the one in GTS has very different higher quality assets than the one in GT6/5. It's all redone in GTS.

Also the track licensing im sure most people has heard of million times already.

I like your post not because it is a bad news for us gamers, but because you are bringing me up to speed about something I was not aware of at all... I was out of the GT news loops for years until May...

Regarding the higher price, I think GT has made the right decision !!

I fully support them in that...
Knowing this, I will now shut myself up and be patient...

There are plenty of tracks and original fictional ones we can have fun before Spa...

I like your post not because it is a bad news for us gamers, but because you are bringing me up to speed about something I was not aware of at all... I was out of the GT news loops for years until May...

Regarding the higher price, I think GT has made the right decision !!

I fully support them in that...
Knowing this, I will now shut myself up and be patient...

There are plenty of tracks and original fictional ones we can have fun before Spa...
If not in GT Sport, the said track may debut in GT7 again.

I´m sure, the rain stages are only available at the moment in the world tour, in after the end of those events maybe the rain comes to us.
December or january.

Well...after the confirmation we are in 0, let´s begin the speculation again.
GT5 got Rain on Christmas, no? Maybe they'll pull the same stunt again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back