GT Touring Car Series -- Series finished! Ozwheels3 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 577 comments
The more straights the better and the mountain top is not so bad as my new setup really "points" better as a few of you noticed at the hairpin exit at my favorite FF track....Apricot Hill (what a stupid name for a track...perhaps COTA would be better...nope that is another stupid name) last night. Still can't make a silk purse out of a cows ear.
BTW I pulled over in the 2d race to let you all by because to not do so would have left me sneaker less (or perhaps more sneaker-less) at race end. I was about to say F it and take my car and go home ( I have NEVER felt that was at speed before in my life) and FLIP appeared, I fell off or let him by...can't remember....and then I started reeling him in itty bit by itty bit with his clouds of tire smoke getting larger and larger. I learned to drive a tireless car a bit better by stopping the pointless understeer and just keeping it rolling as best as possible...you can't really hurry a FF past its tire state (a lesson I should have learned along time ago). Another BTW if late in the race I am in front of you and I pull off line...it means PASS NOW....if you don't shame on you and accept the slow consequences.

Again glad you had problems last night Flip it got me motivated...it is really depressing to hot lap (not so much...! LOL) for 21 laps.... like the surgeon said to the guy with kidney stones....and this too shall pass.!!

Yeah, if we had gone any longer, I think VW would've given me the "Nail is faster than you" message. :lol:
My tires were going and I wasn't gaining any points from there. Just rode it out to the end.

I think Bathurst will be interesting. The different strengths of the cars will come out at different places, I think. Even the front wheel drive cars like this place!

Shouldn't I be +40kg since I had +80kg at the start if the second race? It's -40kg if your +80kg and up right?

Shouldn't I be +40kg since I had +80kg at the start if the second race? It's -40kg if your +80kg and up right?
Nope, I thought the same thing going into Apricot Hill, but anything over 80kg receives -40kg, anything up to 80kg receives -20kg.

Sorry for the double post, I think Oz, DrAqua, Ares, and myself all have podium finishes to think about. What if one of us gets booted during this last race?

The reason to bring this up, the FGTA has rules in place to deal with this issue. How would we deal with it Flip? I would not want any of us to be compromised by a 1 point disconnect point to finish this championship.

Sorry for the double post, I think Oz, DrAqua, Ares, and myself all have podium finishes to think about. What if one of us gets booted during this last race?

The reason to bring this up, the FGTA has rules in place to deal with this issue. How would we deal with it Flip? I would not want any of us to be compromised by a 1 point disconnect point to finish this championship.

In the dark ages in SCCA Regional races when there was an act of God that compromised a championship (all tracks had local championships) it was settled after the Act of God (after the sewer main in turn four or the dead fall in the hairpin ...or the Formula Ford was retrieved from the y in the oak tree....little suckers really flew with wheel to wheel contact...lol) was fixed they held a three or four car sprint for bragging rights....simple and to the point (so to speak.) Was a lot of fun too.

Sticky situation. I believe the FGTA's rule would be to red flag the race, then resume once the dropped driver gets back in with however many laps were left (I know that's in there, I will double check this). I am confident enough to say that we may not need this, but I see the concern.

Sticky situation. I believe the FGTA's rule would be to red flag the race, then resume once the dropped driver gets back in with however many laps were left (I know that's in there, I will double check this). I am confident enough to say that we may not need this, but I see the concern.
I know it is sticky, but with a perfect session going for not being dropped I can just see this happening to me. With last night's brake failure which I have a new load cell for my wheel on the way now, I can just see getting dropped... Flip it is your ball to call here

Coming down to the wire! Practice tonight on the mountain!

Note about disconnections: I am okay with having a red flag situation and restarting the race if the driver is able to get back in, if everyone involved is okay with it.

For those who are unfamiliar with the system, please head HERE, and head down to section 5.7. (Those who are planning to run in any future series with us should familiarize themselves with this anyway, we will be using it.)

This is not a TOTAL restart, we will restart with the amount of laps remaining in the race, plus one for the pace lap. If you get dropped, I MUST get a message from you over the Playstation network that says 'Red Flag' as the subject prior to you reentering the room. I will not assume to red flag the race, nor will we red flag if you just pop back in.

Restarts will be simple. One pace lap at 80 mph in the order that we stopped at, single file restart, leader starts at any point after the final corner. My plan is to not need this, but if everyone is okay with it, we can use it should the situation pop up.

Practice at Mount Panorama is now live!

Aaaaand the network was crap... Had two hard freezes, which is never good. Hopefully we got the bad luck out of the way for Thursday!

Last edited:

Aaaaand the network was crap... Had two hard freezes, which is never good. Hopefully we got the bad luck out of the way for Thursday!
I'm going back to run a race distance...how many laps. Changed car color to Light Green and Tangerine scream...the exact opposite of what I used to run. Next season...same tracks ??

got it 20...see ya Thurs

Had a few hard locks over here today while practicing. The network had been real chappy since Monday here. Been having to restart my modem a lot because of Internet connectivity issues. I hope this is fixed by tomorrow night. It seems the northeast is somewhat effected by this...

In that note I have a feeling we might be dealing with a chappy network tomorrow night. I hope not

Had a few hard locks over here today while practicing. The network had been real chappy since Monday here. Been having to restart my modem a lot because of Internet connectivity issues. I hope this is fixed by tomorrow night. It seems the northeast is somewhat effected by this...

In that note I have a feeling we might be dealing with a chappy network tomorrow night. I hope not

I briefly ran a room by myself last night, and didn't have another issue. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Because of the importance of this race, we will postpone for a week if the network won't work with us. I have had to do this in the past because of the awesomeness of the network...

Apparently Mount Panorama still has some bugs. I've had GT6 freeze twice in two hours yet my PS3 didn't freeze and there is really loud cracklings in the menu.

Apparently Mount Panorama still has some bugs. I've had GT6 freeze twice in two hours yet my PS3 didn't freeze and there is really loud cracklings in the menu.

Didn't have the crackling, but that first part is similar. You know if it's happening to anyone else?

Oooooookay... So, I just did run have a room open like we're going to have tonight. I ran for about 30 minutes continuously with no issues! What I had done was start the room off with Bathurst, switched tracks, and then switched back to Bathurst. And it seemed to work. :D

And then I tried to swap the room settings to do something else... That was a bad idea. Lost sound, hard freeze, reset... :(
And, I have found another forum in here that talks about someone else having the exact same problem we're having. It seems to be this track.

*sigh* Well, we've come this far, and the room seemed to work until I tried to change things. So I say we try it for tonight. To increase our chances, we will bypass the game's qualifying system and just use the 'practice' mode as our qualifier, as we would have if we were still in GT5. The race will therefore be set to start at 11:45pm (so get in like you normally would).

If for any reason it goes pear shaped and there is a massive, massive issue, I will suggest that we select a new circuit to run the finale on and run the race next week (I wouldn't want to spring a totally new track on you guys last minute, especially for the last race).

Other race info:
In game start time will be 14:30 with an 8x time change. Most of the second half of the race will be at night.

Oooooookay... So, I just did run have a room open like we're going to have tonight. I ran for about 30 minutes continuously with no issues! What I had done was start the room off with Bathurst, switched tracks, and then switched back to Bathurst. And it seemed to work. :D

And then I tried to swap the room settings to do something else... That was a bad idea. Lost sound, hard freeze, reset... :(
And, I have found another forum in here that talks about someone else having the exact same problem we're having. It seems to be this track.

*sigh* Well, we've come this far, and the room seemed to work until I tried to change things. So I say we try it for tonight. To increase our chances, we will bypass the game's qualifying system and just use the 'practice' mode as our qualifier, as we would have if we were still in GT5. The race will therefore be set to start at 11:45pm (so get in like you normally would).

If for any reason it goes pear shaped and there is a massive, massive issue, I will suggest that we select a new circuit to run the finale on and run the race next week (I wouldn't want to spring a totally new track on you guys last minute, especially for the last race).

Other race info:
In game start time will be 14:30 with an 8x time change. Most of the second half of the race will be at night.
Yeah I figured this might happen for the last race of the season. Just our luck, when I get home tonight I'll throw a status of my network down to see where it is at. Last I checked I had a 17MBp/s upload an only a 3.6 MBp/s download. That is a little slow for me compared to normal, hopefully the dry weather up here will aid to more speed.

Hate to miss the finale but I can barely keep my eyes open. It was fun racing with you guys. Looking forward to the next series.

Back