GT Won is done.PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 324 comments
For Monday I was going to run with the Watson Roadster, but with a few of us missing I think that we may get spread out on some of the longer of the classic tracks. So a damp Saturday lunch as resulted in a change of plan.

We'll run with the Toyota GT86 around a number of short tracks.

The 86 is not that fast a car but is fun to drive. TC and ABS will be allowed if you want them but not stability control - it takes all the fun from the car. There's 2 models to choose from in the car selection list, the 86 and the GT86. Both are the same as far as I can tell but one is left hand drive and the other is right hand drive - so take your pick depending on your preference.

And the track list will be ones randomly chosen by my seconded weather dice from my short track list below.
1) Barcelona National - 1.90 miles
2) Barcelona Club - 1.05 miles *
3) C.O.T.A Club - 1.23 *
4) Dubai Club - 1.52
5) Hockenheim Short - 1.63
6) Lydden Hill - 0.90 *
7) Mojave Sidewinder - 1.65 *
8) Mojave Gila Crest - 2.15 *
9) Mugello Short - 1.41
10) Nurbergring Mullenbach - 0.92 *
11) Nurbergring Sprint short - 1.90
12) Oschersleben B course - 1.51
13) Porsche Leipzig short - 1.36 *
14) Red Bull Ring National - 1.45
15) Red Bull Ring Club - 1.14 *
16) Ruapuna Park Club - 1.41
17) Raupuna B circuit - 0.99 *
18) Sakitto National - 1.92
19) Sakitto International - 1.76
20) Silverstone National - 1.63
21) Snetterton 100 - 0.99 *
22) Sonoma Short - 1.94
23) Texas Infield - 1.36
24) Willow Springs Horse Thief mile - 0.99
25) Monza short - 0.99
26) Brands Indy - 1.19
27) Oulton Fosters - 1.65
28) Donington National - 1.95

29) Knockhill International reverse - 1.29 miles (12 max)
30) Cadwell Park GP - 2.16 miles (12 max)

* No pits (practice)
2 x 10 minute races at each track.

How's that @Pantheons? :)

Last edited:
Lol, so it was you doing the live commentary! Died 3 times during the 7th lap, thought about rage-quitting (lost completely my focus after the first crash) but your comments kept me going, thanks for that! Love this car and this track, it is a very enjoyable combo. Have fun Monday, will try to watch live if someone (Rich? Don?) does the broadcast.

Sorry for the confusion Don. Due to Mario, Napalm and John not being able to meet the original date of the 2nd race I've held the start of the GT1s for 2 weeks.

The GT1 championship will begin on Monday the 11th of October.
(I've added this to the 1st post now)

That still leaves next week free for something!
Yes nice, last week was ok !

The Goodwood Revival, Thought you might like

These 8 mins area a pure adrenaline rush. You can see how much work the driver has to do to tame the aggressive AC Cobra whilst negotiating a field of historic racers. So sit back, grab some popcorn and see how it feels to race in the RAC TT Celebraton.

Last edited:
@RACECAR if you're around later, just for a bit of fun we are having a few quick races in the Toyota GT86. I know there will be spaces available today so you'd be most welcome to join in. I'll send you an invite around 8pm UK time (it's still UTC +1) so you can join if you want to. You'd get to know the guys and their style of racing ready for any reserve spots that might become available in the main event.

The GT1s start next week.

It'll be a random selection from those listed UP HERE.

2 races at each. A short 5ish lap race, just to get used to the track, followed by a slightly longer race. And on to the next one. No qualifying.
Thought you disappeared hehe, haven't seen your name in a long time.
Was getting worried hehe, as you're always such an helpfull , nice and humorous poster 😁. Cheers.
Edit: and wise.

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed the GT86. Nearly as much as Simon in fact. :) Just the right amount of grip (the car not Simon!).

Anyway onwards (back) to the slightly more serious GT1 series.

Given the intervening time I've (so far) made a couple of slight changes (1st post edited). The 1st race length I've reduced to 10 minutes. This will make each race a different length so they won't feel the same. And it will also hopefully allow just a little extra leeway in the evening's timings.

I've also changed and tidied up the description of the compulsory pit stop during race 2.
The 25 minute race will feature a compulsory pit stop. The pit window will be open for 15 minutes and is between 5 minutes from the start and 5 minutes before the finish.
I'm testing whether to use accelerated tyre wear (possibly just on race 2) but I'll get back to you on that. I don't think there will be too many other tweaks, certainly nothing drastic anyway. ☺

It's going to be interesting to see which cars everyone will pick for Brno. Although I think I can guess @xeronima's.

Last edited:
Regarding the default pitstops, this
takes the question of tyre strategy out of it (e.g. do i preserve one set and save some time on the pit stop, or push with two sets of tyres). And hard Vs softs (although default set ups limits that anyway). From your testing do we only need one set of tyres anyway for 25 mins?

Regarding the default pitstops...
Now then, I've had yet another rethink and removed the default request text. So drivers can now do as they choose again. It'll allow for better wet weather options (should there be any) but it's mainly because...

...I've tried it out and have decided accelerated tyre wear will be used. Might as well make good tyre management count for something. It'll be on for all races (to save me having to keep resetting it). For the shorter races it won't have that much effect but for the longer one it will.

It might just be me, but strangely the cars felt better with faster tyre wear!

From your testing do we only need one set of tyres anyway for 25 mins?
Yes. Probably.
But I've only tried it out with 1 type of car. And I won't say which one! 😉

Actually I'd forgotten about the weather changes to. A couple of weeks delay and I've lost track of what we are doing! Oh yeah it's GT1s. :dopey:

Are we having a PowerPoint presentation beforehand on setting up pit strategies?
There will be a full course held over the weekend prior to the race. Pay attention because I will be asking questions. :P

Was that supposed to be 'default pit stops'?

Will the magic dice be rolled in advance and their wisdom revealed, by any chance? I've just realised I haven't practiced these cars at all in the wet! Knowing you, Paul, I expect you'd override rain for the first race to avoid carnage, but it's worth checking.

If there's no rain, I'm thinking of using my 'drive through' pit strategy because I'm optimistic the tyres will last, especially on the underpowered Porsche, which I'm definitely driving.

Don't worry about that. What you can't see isn't there anymore! 😉

No magic dice today @Saltyjoe90. You guessed correctly that the first race meeting will be precipitation free. 👍
(I haven't even tried them in the wet!)

Remember the pit window for the 2nd race of the evening is the middle 15 minute section - 5 mins after the start, 5 mins before the end.

Last edited:
Hi @RACECAR

It's 7.30 here at the moment, so it'll be 25 minutes or so. I'm never entirely sure until the event as to how many will be racing. But if there's any drivers absent I'll send you an invite as soon as possible. 👍

Last edited:
Welp, I may not be available as a tele-health appointment I had scheduled for next week has been moved to today and it's in 12 minutes as of this post.

That's real life for you, always getting in the way!

If there is a space I'll still send you an invite and maybe you can then join later.

Me: "Can't wait to enjoy a race with a wheel"
Game: Forces me to use controller

Well that was pain.

Last edited:
Here is a scorecard with my guesses at what people drove - struggle to make it out from the small pictures, so please reply with a correction if I got yours wrong. Thought it good to include it here to help people remember. If your car is in red, that means you can't use it until week 8.

Monday Individual.jpg

Last edited:
Me: "Can't wait to enjoy a race with a wheel"
Game: Forces me to use controller

Well that was pain.
In that case you were doing pretty well!

PC2 can loose the wheel on occasions when you've used the controler, usually outside of the game. I generally turn the controler off before playing online just incase it happens.

Back