GT1 Car Spec Question

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 83 comments
Honestly, I think you're extracting the urine mate.

Urine? Your sick!

"Extracting the urine" == "taking the piss (out of people)"

My father always used to talk about "taking the mickey out of someone". I guess my mother never decoded it. Allegedly "mickey" is "micturition". But then perhaps the person who told me that was just taking the mickey out of me . . .

What an awful way to start page 4...

SW, I see that you’re a CS guy? Isn’t it true that one of the first principles a student needs to remember in any of toadys technologies is to think outside the box? Isn’t it also true that any student who displays this style of thinking is normally rewarded for it? The reason I ask is that many people forget this very important principle and thus get bogged down with a certain way of thinking. I believe this is the case here. To me, you guys are so bogged down in your normal way of doing things and thinking. So when someone comes along and makes a claim such as this you look at it as if it is alien and thus dismiss it as lies because your style of thinking just can’t understand what the hell is going on.

When I created this thread I was very aware how this might turn out, and some of you guys didn’t disappoint me one bit when implying that I’m lying though my teeth. It hurt, sure, but it wasn’t unexpected. I just want to say that I will continue with my testing/research regardless of how much you guys think I’m lying. I assure you I will replicate this trick, not today, perhaps not this month or the next 6 months, but I will. This will come back to haunt those who have questioned my integrity and thus damaged my credibility in the GT community, and to be honest that day can’t come fast enough for me.

I’ll end this now, but before doing so I want to remind you all of the three words I said to HYBRIDLVR just a few days ago:

”Watch this space”

If you had simply said it was an interesting statement he had posted regarding and waited until he supplied the proof

That's why a few weeks back when RockRapDude posted his "easter egg" video (see the GT1 Easter Egg thread) I was glad I allowed for him to prove himself. He did, I apologized, and all was fair.

...it still cracks me up, though. :sly:

Last edited:
You can do funny things in GT1 by swapping from demo discs (which all appear to be based on the US NTSC game) with a PAL version game disc.
Buy US only cars, easy gold license prizes etc.

Seeing the PS2 is being used by my son on summer holidays I might have to fire up the PS1 and play with the garage trades.
From what I have read, I need 2 fully tuned GTO or Skylines in position 99 and 100 on card 1, sell car from slot 100, buy in a Race Model from memory card 2 and the new car will have the horsepower multipliers added to the power. Sounds easy to check. Also I might need 100 fully tuned cars in all slots. Something else to think about is the possiblity of having all tuning options maxed out.
I have read elsewhere that you can have 3 car colours by using the tune options, may work also for power upgrades.

You might get somewhere with that.

But if you read all of what Sphinx says he says that it was a technique which somehow created a garage-full of hybrids in a single (albeit multi-step) operation, and not a painful slot-at-a-time method.

I have no idea how much legitimate cash he had built up in the game. (I.e. how much purchasing might have been involved in setting the situation up). Presumably not the millions many users get, since he did later feel the need to shark in an absurd number of credits. (You would need about Cr35,000,000 to max race-mod a 100 car garage).

My "main" GT1 game has Cr62,000,000+ legitimate credits):

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/main.txt

Hey Einstein! .... I have known Jerry for years and if he says there's a memory card trick then you best believe it! dont go about saying he's making up fairy tales as if you know everthing about Gran Turismo there is to know :rolleyes:
He might not have all the details at hand as its such a long time agoooooo ... and he obviously needs to refresh his memory! but I guarantee he will be back with all the details you require and rub it right in your face ... cant wait to see that tbh as you are one cocky thinks he knows it all big mouth fool :dopey:

If you had simply said it was an interesting statement he had posted regarding and waited until he supplied the proof then you would not have come across as such a know it all ass 👎
I no a lot and I don't lie! Are you guys dating or something??????

I no a lot and I don't lie! Are you guys dating or something??????

You know nothing! especially about spelling chump :dopey: I never called you a liar so please get your facts right and no I am not dating Jerry! we split up some time ago :sly:
How old are you numbnuts? I'd guess at 14 but maybe I'm way off the mark .... probably a retarded 50 year old or similar 👍

I no a lot

Except how to spell "know".

Know this - Mr P and Sphinx are two of THE most respected, fastest drivers at any Gran Turismo game of your choice ever. I've even met one of them, twice, and would quite like the chance to meet the other one at least once. Your accusations of lying don't come even halfway close to hitting the target.

So, can we please carry this thread on the way Sphinx and SportWagon were carrying it originally?

On that topic, I suspect the #1 reason you won't find any web-chatter about it is that the top GT board at that time is now dead. There IS an internet archive site - something like archive.org - which may allow you to look through such sites for the information you require. Though equally it may never have been spoken about anywhere.

Edit: Which I've just noticed you actually quoted from earlier... :)

I did mis spell know, Ok Fellas, I'm done with this if you don't mind, I have never seen a Trick of hybriding like mentioned and I can't find anyone that does! I just wanna see some proof, I'm interested! GTH members were first finders of most GT 1 and 2 codes and no one seems to know about it either, Even after looking through a GS Pro, You can see all the addies but nothing that will provide a upgraded garage, "I'm throwing in the white flag" OK?

I did experimentation on the weekend, using my GameShark Pro, and in both v1.0 and v1.1 of the North American games, it is the case that all the base codes and setups of the last car in your garage do remain in the unallocated slots.

For instance, if you had about Cr800,000, you could do the following:

Buy 99 instances of the cheapest Silvia available. (Total cost approximately Cr400,000). Then buy and max-out a powerful car of your choice. (Sphinx recommends a GT-R Vspec). Then sell all 99 Silvias, and, lastly, sell the maxed car. You will then have a zero car garage, but all 100 slots will be filled with the base code, parts, and settings of the maxed car. These contents will be retained with the game when you save it. I.e. if you save and reload that zero cars garage, your game will still contain the car information in all 100 unallocated garage slots.

For instance, if you load that zero-car game, and activate a typical "100 cars" code, you will end up with a garage full of hybrids. (I emulated this by patching the garage count and first byte of many entries; cars were hybridized, but at least one car I looked at (Silvia LM) had problems effectively using the power--the hybridized GTO'92 (non-turbo) seemed to work rather well with a Vspec TS4, however, but I concluded my experiments at that point).

Along the way I discovered another strange feature of v1.0 versus v1.1. It appears that an LM model racing-suspension shows up under "parts fitted" as "NEED-JA.HTM" (IIRC), rather than "racing".

Also, it seemed that many of the popular boot codes for 100 car garage patched a second location which appears to get dynamically updated based on the primary count location (in the memory-card part of memory), but isn't always set to that value. I can't help but think that forcing that location to 100 all the time would have strange effects.

Once I had my zero-car garage full of 100 maxed slots, I could not think of anything to do with it to cause those parts to be used as "hybrids" naturally, however. Winning prizes didn't work, nor did simply buying cars new, used, or via memory-card trade. (And those would only have created a single hybrid; I certainly can't think of anything to suddenly create a whole garageful of hybrids).

When purchasing via memory-card trade, the entire slot 2 garage appears to get loaded into memory somewhere. Removing the card during loading interrupts the load and requires you to restart the procedure. Changing the card after that "loading" process is irrelevant; the contents of the original load are used. Nor can you purchase any "hidden" cars from the zero-car garage. (Not that they ought to be anything other than the simple maxed car you created).

So...translation? What does this all mean, SW? Does Sphinx have a point or is HYBRIDLVR erring towards the real deal?

It confirms my earlier speculation on how a "natural hybrid process" might work, but fails to find an actual means (without using a GameShark) to exploit the situation. It probably won't trigger Sphinx's memory, since it is really only a confirmation of the speculation I'd already posted. (Leaving aside the fact Sphinx has probably stopped reading for now...)

I'm still reading. I haven't time to take in everything that you posted at the moment, SW, but I will reply later. I have to say that I'm very interested in the trade feature retaining the entire garage into memory.

Hmm. I'm not sure if I tried purchasing cars way down near the bottom of the garage. It's possible it's got the first few cached, but would access the card for ones later down. Although, if it does, it does so very quickly and no fanfare. I forget how in the past I've managed to locate garage copies in memory. With only "string search" and mass values search, it's tricky. Especially since sometimes a garage copy appears to have at least the base codes incremented by 1 (so Glanza V becomes 1 instead of 0, and so-on up through all the values).

I’ve just remembered something after reading post #70 and an earlier post you made:

Opening the garage in the current game whilst applying the trick renders the trick useless. I’m not sure however if that applies from the very start of the trick, before or just after buying the GT-R Vspec and modding it for example, or it may just apply after the trade has taken place.

Also, I now believe it maybe the GT-R 95 that is used, not the Vspec.

I relatively easily located in memory the loaded memory card. (With a GameShark Pro; load 1 game, and load same card "for trade"; "known value search" for first 16-bit quantity in that garage; then load a card with a different first car, and also load it "for trade"; subsequent "known value search" for the new 16-bit quantity (which searches previously matched locations only) will find both locations (only)--turns out even the "empty but full" garage is loaded in its entirety).

But with lots of snow shovelling on the weekend, and also watching the Dakar Rally etc, I didn't have time to investigate what else that area of memory might be used for at other times, to try and think of how the game might get confused (remembering the "don't look at your garage" hint).

I don't have the actual location handy, but it's reasonably high memory. I.e. 801XXXXX.

I did experimentation on the weekend, using my GameShark Pro, and in both v1.0 and v1.1 of the North American games, it is the case that all the base codes and setups of the last car in your garage do remain in the unallocated slots.

For instance, if you had about Cr800,000, you could do the following:

Buy 99 instances of the cheapest Silvia available. (Total cost approximately Cr400,000). Then buy and max-out a powerful car of your choice. (Sphinx recommends a GT-R Vspec). Then sell all 99 Silvias, and, lastly, sell the maxed car. You will then have a zero car garage, but all 100 slots will be filled with the base code, parts, and settings of the maxed car. These contents will be retained with the game when you save it. I.e. if you save and reload that zero cars garage, your game will still contain the car information in all 100 unallocated garage slots.
That's great info, Especially when it's such a headache starting out new and having to buy all those parts for each car, Thanks! Do you play around with Ai Hybrids? If not your missing some radical racing! I will be uploading some video's of GT1 and 2 Ai Hybrid races soon and we will see how PD has been holding out, The Ai's Drift and do over 250MPH!!! I'm working on modifying there transmission to get them over 300, Some vids will be posted in a week via "YouTube".

No. I really never investigated the in-race car settings much. I got as far as trying to patch the event line-ups, and discovering that at that point in the game you can only choose cars already eligible for the race. (E.g. my "Tuned with All Civics" code --to allow lesser cars a chance of winning). I assume that, once in the race, the line-up is available somewhere, but it seemed to me you'd need to set each portion of each car with an individual code, and I suspected they'd be "compiled" from the "garage" format into a different form, and hadn't found others info about that, and didn't have time or inclination (or perhaps intuition/ability--see also time) to track it down myself.

Nice, I checked out your site a while ago but didn't see the Ai Civic Tuned section, Thanks! The codes I use work better in the Event Generator, You can pick which bodies you want on each Ai car, You will get atleast 4 of the one's you pick, One of them sometimes duplicates your car, Even if it's a Hybrid, It's fun and you will need a car with atleast 700HP or you will loose, Badly!

The max horsepower for the FTO LM Edition is 541hp, and weight is 2060lb...

Sorry, but I have no idea for the 400R.

EDIT: Sorry again, daan. I think I'll just check next time...

The max horsepower for the FTO LM Edition is 541hp, and weight is 2060lb...

Sorry, but I have no idea for the 400R.
Is there any particular reason why you are bringing back long dead threads that have been answered already?

Back