GT1 Car Spec Question

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 83 comments
What is happening is that the "fill garage code" is always in effect. As you load the garage of Skylines, the first byte of each garage entry gets rewritten by the enhancement device to a different car. So they are a hybrid of that base car code (first byte of the garage entry), together with all the Skyline parts (including race modification) which were added to the Skylines.

Or, that is, if the device makes it possible to turn on codes after running the game for a while, I claim you will get the same result if you loaded the entire Skyline garage with codes off, (perhaps looked at it), and then turned the codes on afterwards. The code will then go stomp! stomp! stomp! on each first byte of each Skyline entry. (But quieter. More like schloop! schloop! schloop!)

Sure we did, 786mph was a sign he couldn't get it out of neutral?---------Just kidding, How could he prove it?

He/me could've proved it by posting the Trade Trick method for all to try if anyone bothered to reply to ask how it was done. No one did, :dopey: so i didn't bother. :rolleyes:

The most HP in GT1 was about 3,000HP, That's not enough for 786 miles an hour unless a wheelie kicked in, Were wheelies possible in GT1? I always built them to handle and thought that wheelies were for replays, I know wheelies were quite simple in GT2 and GT3 but I never seen them in GT1.

Watch this space :) 👍

Or, that is, if the device makes it possible to turn on codes after running the game for a while, I claim you will get the same result if you loaded the entire Skyline garage with codes off, (perhaps looked at it), and then turned the codes on afterwards. The code will then go stomp! stomp! stomp! on each first byte of each Skyline entry. (But quieter. More like schloop! schloop! schloop!)

I don't think it will, but I can try it and see what happens. 👍

The most HP in GT1 was about 3,000HP

Just been thinking about this:
I think I was given one that had about 3000hp. I don't suppose it was the one that just jumped up and down? NM, maybe that was A GT2 HYBRID. :confused:

Here it is. It was fun doing this after so long. :)

Managed to break through the track on the first turn but got it back again for a better view of the wheelie. 👍

Sure looked like GT2, But anyway it didn't do but half of what you claimed, To do that all you need is a Hybrid with Max rear downforce and none up front.

Sure looked like GT2, But anyway it didn't do but half of what you claimed, To do that all you need is a Hybrid with Max rear downforce and none up front.

It looks like GT2?? Anyone can see it's GT1 :dopey:

I did that on the first try. I wasn't aiming for a top speed because you asked if wheelies were possible in GT1, which I admit I thought strange seeing that you're supposed to be the bee knees in this area. Honestly, I think you're extracting the urine mate.

Urine? Your sick! I don't play GT1 anymore is why I asked, I don't need your help in this area, I was asking if it was possible because I don't do the wheelie trick and never seen it in GT1, It's for beginners and serves only folks who are easily amazed. It's a crap/meaningless thread also.....

Got him by the short and curlies now Jerry ;) .... this guy doesn't know his arse from his elbow as his non existent links will show :sly:

I hope not Ron. I would like to see a few of the million discussions that HYBRIDLVR claims to have taken place regarding this trick. I mean, if there are some, then I may get something from them to help piece together this puzzle.

I don't think it will, but I can try it and see what happens. 👍

You're right SW 👍 👍 👍 👍 It worked like a charm :) 👍

Because it's been discussed and dropped a million times for the last 8 years!

Links please?

Any luck with those links yet, HYBRIDLVR?
impatient.gif

All of this is ringing a bell (the hp boost/memory card trade discussion that is) but I'm not familiar with how it works or even if it works. But I just wanted to chime in for a moment.

Last edited:
HYBRIDLVR is right; it was silly to think there might be a glitch in garage-loading which would allow hybridding without an enhancement device. Such a glitch would have become relatively well-known.

As to previous discussions, most of the good sharking and hybridding boards have shut down now. The web doesn't retain a lot of history.

I'm offended. :mad:

Your loss, not mine. 👎 👎 👎 👎

Edit: Not only do you lose, the GT community also loses. 👎

He/me could've proved it by posting the Trade Trick method for all to try if anyone bothered to reply to ask how it was done. No one did, :dopey: so i didn't bother. :rolleyes:
As far as we could tell, you couldn't put the trick together. In lieu, you had emulated something like it using an enhancement device. And it seemed you didn't quite realize that the emulation only worked because a certain enhancement code was still active.

As far as we could tell, you couldn't put the trick together. In lieu, you had emulated something like it using an enhancement device. And it seemed you didn't quite realize that the emulation only worked because a certain enhancement code was still active.

Of course I knew the emulation only worked because of the codes. That's why I stressed to everyone to ignore the fact that I used them. It was simply an example of what happens when applying the correct method without any codes.

Honestly, you guys are missing out on something here. I earlier stated that I would stake my reputation on this, the very integrity that you feel so easy to put into question. If only you knew half of what I know and have never published it would make you blush, it honestly would. 👎

All of this is ringing a bell (the hp boost/memory card trade discussion that is) but i'm not familiar with how it works or even if it works. But i just wanted to chime in for a moment.
In GT3 you could get your money back for your parts. If you had two memory cards, you could make a reference save. You could then obtain and max a car, and save that game. Loading the reference save, you could then purchase the car from the other game via "trade", and get all the parts, but be charged only the base price for the car. That seemed like an obvious mistake in their gameplay design. Some people would start second games using massively maxed cheap cars from their first game.

You tend to find references to that trick if web-searching for "gran turismo memory-card trade trick". So it's possible that is what is making the discussion sound familiar.

Honestly, you guys are missing out on something here. I earlier stated that I would stake my reputation on this, the very integrity that you feel so easy to put into question. If only you knew half of what I know and have never published it would make you blush, it honestly would. 👎
Whilst it may be the case that you knew of a finesse of gameplay unknown to HYBRIDLVR (after all, once he was using an enhancement device, there was a little less motivation to look for other methods), you rather summarily attempted to tarnish his well-established reputation, rather than giving explanations as to why the method might be not-well-known even to a GameShark and hybrid expert such as him.

Whilst it may be the case that you knew of a finesse of gameplay unknown to HYBRIDLVR (after all, once he was using an enhancement device, there was a little less motivation to look for other methods), you rather summarily attempted to tarnish his well-established reputation, rather than giving explanations as to why the method might be not-well-known even to a GameShark and hybrid expert such as him.

HYBRIDLVR stated that he had not seen a GT1 wheelie. I therefore went out of my way to show him one. I produced the wheelie, captured it, uploaded it and presented it here for him. It was a gesture on my part, and thought he would welcome it, but instead he put it down. I therefore put him down.

As for the dissusions; the only reason why no links can be found is because there never has been a discussion reagarding this trick. Even if you searched 6 or 7 years ago there still wouldn't be any found on the Web.

Edit: sod it, now I've burnt the kids pizzas :(

Any luck with those links yet, HYBRIDLVR?
impatient.gif
Any luck with that imaginary Garage loading Hybrid Lie? You know that was total crap, Making a hybrid by some garage trick, Why would you start such a fairy tale? If it's true, Please tell how!

OK guys, I confess.
You see, 7 years ago I came up with a cunning plan that would hopefully deceive any future generation of GTer’s into thinking that there was a hidden secret in GT1, The Biggest Secret in Gran Turismo!

I started all those years ago by planting seeds that would make the future generation think that maybe there was some truth into Sphinx’s recent claim. I therefore went about and submitted my GT1 times to the Racing-line.org database as normal. but instead of stating that no assistance was used or that I had used a Game Shark, I submitted “OTHER”. Of course you now know that the “OTHER” meant the Trade Trick. Damn you guys, you’re all to smart for me. I honestly thought I would get away with it.

Here’s that link to the “OTHER” again. In case you’ve forgotten, I’m AngliSaxon by the way.
http://web.archive.org/web/20010319232823/racing-line.org/gt/autumnring.html

After submitting the “OTHER”, I felt more was needed to sway the minds of the future generation of GTer’s, because it has to be said that they will be very smart in the future and would therefore detect an obvious lie in a split second. I therefore submitted the wheelie trick to the Top Speed section of the R/L database and a message to the board offering to show how it was done. This in turn would be another seed for the future generation of GTer’s chew on in 7 years time and hopefully they would again think that maybe there was some truth into Sphinx’s recent claim. Again, you’re all too smart for me.

Here’s the link to that one. I’m AnglSaxon by the way.
http://web.archive.org/web/20000603205450/www.racing-line.org/cgi-bin/robboard.pl?action=display&num=125

Again, exactly a year ago I planted another seed. I posted a message here on the GTP that a wheelie in GT1 was possible. I then received a request to show how it was done. I replied and said it was “COMPLICATED” and it would take some time to get back to show how. This seed highlighted that it was “COMPLICATED”. The use of this word gave an impression that I was doing something different than the simple method that is normally used to create a wheelie. Again, too smart for me guys.

Here’s the link again for this one. I’m Sphinx by the way.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28886&page=4

After posting that last message here at GTP I decided to wait one more year to put this lie into action. I decided to start by asking if anyone knew about this trick because I had forgotten the correct method and that I had lost the paper that it was written on. I’m sure you remember the rest.

Oh boy, you guys are too smart.

Edit: @mods, Ban me for this obvious lie.

I bought a Game Shark Pro on or about November 7, 1999.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/1999-11-07.html

That's over seven years ago, too. And the Game Shark Pro was already a well-established device by then.

I am GT2toXS, by-the-way. (Although I didn't always live up to that name).

Yes, and that is why there is a field in the R/L database link that clearly shows the word 'GameShark'

I put 'OTHER' because 1. my lap was assisted, 2. I didn't have a GameShark at that time.

Any luck with that imaginary Garage loading Hybrid Lie? You know that was total crap, Making a hybrid by some garage trick, Why would you start such a fairy tale? If it's true, Please tell how!

Hey Einstein! .... I have known Jerry for years and if he says there's a memory card trick then you best believe it! dont go about saying he's making up fairy tales as if you know everthing about Gran Turismo there is to know :rolleyes:
He might not have all the details at hand as its such a long time agoooooo ... and he obviously needs to refresh his memory! but I guarantee he will be back with all the details you require and rub it right in your face ... cant wait to see that tbh as you are one cocky thinks he knows it all big mouth fool :dopey:

If you had simply said it was an interesting statement he had posted regarding and waited until he supplied the proof then you would not have come across as such a know it all ass 👎

Since I don't have the PAL game like Sphinx does, and since he says the trick, when known, relatively quickly created a lot of cars at once, I'm disinclined to experiment with strange memory conditions regarding memory-card loads or trades and/or car sales. (E.g. perhaps parts left over from other cars or garages, and parts not completely filled in at some point).

If he thought the non-sharked hybrids had been created one-at-a-time, I might be more inclined to look. (But bear in mind, the same foible might not be present in the North American versions).

I'd rather spend the little GT time I now allocate myself trying to learn the DFP.

Back