GT2 car pics in Real Life

• Thread starter NOS_Conor
  • 503 comments
Lord... I didn't even notice that ^^

kamagaya.jpg

This one is better :)

One of the sexiest Lotuses in the game... and that is a B6 Stealth, produced by Louis Davidson, right behind it in the third shot, one of four cars (three being road cars).

(in disbelief) They BOTH raced?

The Elise GT1 deserves a:

Esprit_GT1.jpg

best car right here.. can't beat it :-P

Whoa! :eek: That's one crazy CR-X!

The Viper GTS-R is best in red 👍. I have one as a model in 1:18 scale and it just looks awesome :). Strangely enough the GTS-Rs in the game have that other [rather bland looking] white-blue/green colour scheme 👎. Oh well, there's still the Oreca....

The GTS-R's white-blue/green scheme was when it ran at Lemans in '96.

What's the difference between the Mugen NSX GT you get from Grand Touring Car Trophy and the Mugen NSX GT 99 you get from GT World League? Same power, same weight, same everything, just difference in the name. Is this another PD goof or am I missing something?

Actually, if you look very closely, their wings look different.
sorry for triple posting.

The GTS-R's white-blue/green scheme was when it ran at Lemans in '96.

Wow, I didn't know that. I always thought the GTS-Rs only ran in red/blue with white stripes. Thanks for the info :)

Actually, if you look very closely, their wings look different.
sorry for triple posting.

I had just taken a closer look, you're right, the rear wings does differ (by a lot, I should say). And if you look at the rear diffuser you'll notice it's a bit different also. Still doesn't change the fact that they're identical in every other way though...

That's cool. They even have some older Alcyones on the right side! In America these are called Subaru XT's.

the black XT closest to the SVXs is mine... :sly:

Sweet. They're gettin hard to find, ya know. Even out west where i used to live, and where lots of older cars still run on public streets, SVX's are rare.

I had to wait 3 years for my XT... I also have a Mitsubishi Starion.

I am collecting old Japanese cars apparently..👍

Nice...i have an old Isuzu Trooper. Sure it's ugly. Sure it's slow. But it's also solid, has low rust, and the damn thing seems like it'll run forever! :lol:

If i were younger, i think i'd get an old Celica or Prelude if i were after Japanese cars only...but since i'm older, my long-term goal is to get an older diesel. I really wanna someday make a car that'll run on vegetable oil, even tho they're technically illegal in the U.S.

then I know a few people with illegal cars..

you can put a Starion engine in a 2.6 trooper very easily! makes them way fun to ride the trails with!

I love the old celicas!

sorry for the thread jack guys...

192159924_e340cbcc2d.jpg

Few more:

[R] Saxo VTS (basically turned it into the super 1600 rally car)
CITROEN_SAXO_Super1600.jpg

Mugen CRX Del Sol Pro.3 (this one is somebody on Cardomain's)
326487_55_full.jpg

GT2 cars I've photographed:

Viper RT/10
03-2.jpg

Challenger

~'71 Charger

Cougar
17.jpg

GT40

XK8 coupe
01-4.jpg

XKR (not a coupe, but close enough)
01-10.jpg

SLK 230 Kompressor
05-3.jpg

3000GT

Shelby Cobra

Shelby Cobra/Daytona coupe

Shelby GT350

Shelby GT500

Last edited:
if it's okay, I can post a video of a Spoon Civic revving to 11000 RPM :)

Yes please 👍

*Edit* Just been watching the vid you took those stills from on youtube, assume that was the one you were gonna post, it's an interesting engine but revving to 11k seems a little pointless. The driver himself says that the best power is at around 9200rpm and he never changed up past 10k. It's also the second Spoon Civic with that engine I've heard of that had a computer error at high revs and went into a safe mode, Banzai mag in the UK featured one a few years ago that did exactly the same.

Really nice car though 👍

*Edit* Just been watching the vid you took those stills from on youtube
Oh, I haven't thought about youtube :) I was gonna cut a clip from Best Motoring Hot Version-39 video, and I still am, I just need to get my VirtualDub working :)

[update] Actually, this is pointless - the quality of my video has not gone far from the youtube one - so here is it:

Back