GT2 on PS3

Game -> Memory Card Utility -> Create New Internal Memory Card -> PS1

Then if it doesn't automatically assign, move to the card you just created on the XMB, push triangle and select "Slot 1"

Last edited:
Does GT2 support the analog stick for gas and brake or is it full throttle/brake using buttons onlyh?
You can dedicate one analog stick for gas and brake, while you may not use the buttons for that, then. (GT4 allows multiple choices simultaneously)

Is it possible to transfer my GT2 garage to my PS3?

The garage is on a PSX memory card...
Yes, but you need this adapter.

psone-and-ps2-memory-card-adaptor-connected-to-ps3.jpg

Thank you.

Did not expect such quick answer here in GT2 forum. But it proved that people still enjoy playing the old games

Edit: Is it possible to transfer the garage to an USBdrive, using a PS2?💡

Last edited:
Edit: Is it possible to transfer the garage to an USBdrive, using a PS2?💡

I think it isn't, because I don't think it was possible to move or copy data from memory cards to USB and vice versa with a base PS2. That might (and I say, might) be possible through some kind of "Gameshark" CD which might have that feature, but I think that the most common and cost-effective solution would be the memory card to usb adapter.

I just tried it ... and it did not work.

But GT2 looks good as always:sly:.

This is the first time I play GT2 on PS2 and on the HDTV. Have heard that the graphics might be better on an old TV. Can someone confirm this?

gt2.jpg

Last edited:

This is the first time I play GT2 on PS2 and on the HDTV. Have heard that the graphics might be better on an old TV. Can someone confirm this?

View attachment 119813
It's not about the graphics looking 'better', but mainly about the clarity of the picture, when upscaled and deinterlaced for an HDTV it can look very muddy, playing on an old CRT is ideal for most older console games.

Where did you buy the adapter? I can not find it, or maybe I'm not using the right search words ...
Official ones are pricey but you can still find them on Amazon. Unofficial ones are also available, but I've never used them to advise you.

Use the phrase "PS3 memory card adapter". Amazon is your best bet, but any similarly-sized large entertainment-focussed store or site will do.

Official ones are pricey but you can still find them on Amazon. Unofficial ones are also available, but I've never used them to advise you.

Use the phrase "PS3 memory card adapter". Amazon is your best bet, but any similarly-sized large entertainment-focussed store or site will do.

Thank you.

And an off topic question, The GTpedia, it is only in a download version or can I get it in a printed version

We sold out of the printed versions a few months ago, sadly.

Sorry; there are no plans for more printed copies at the moment, @sagaper.

Disappointed.:(

Asums that you will advertise, if you're going to make more hardcopyes.

I'll make do with the download version. I can print it out, and cut and paste a cover for it:dopey:. But it would not be the same as the original.

Hope that you soon will make more copies.

View attachment 119813
My problem with Playstation® games on PS3 has to do with the aspect ratio. I don't remember exact details, but on a PS2 it was really fast to change it in the system menu. Genuinely old sets are 4:3.

I have heard that the Memory Card Adapter only works with 60GB PS3 Consoles.
(As far as being backwards compatible to play PSOne and PS2 games GT1-GT4.)

Is this true? I have a 160GB PS3 Console and only want to get one if it will work.
These originally retailed @ $14.99 and are now selling for 2-3 times that online. :ouch:

Back