GT3 - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTS - TEST RACE -post 822Finished 

Just been thinking to myself, while practicing with others tonight.

At present we have a compulsory tyre type change.

As we are starting the race with specific tyres to help the slower guys, by having the compulsory tyre type change on, it does not really help them, as i imagine most drivers will opt to run RS all the race, but the slower guys will have to go onto the slower tyre at some point, and that will negate any advantage they get from it.

I am suggesting to scrap the compulsory tyre type change, so we just start on the tyre allocated to each championship position, and then can run any tyre type after that.

Let me know if anyone objects.

But doesn't the lowest placed driver only start on RM anyway? So it won't make any difference. Either way I'm pretty sure we will all swap to soft after first stint! :)

Last edited:
But doesn't the lowest placed driver only start on RM anyway? So it won't make any difference. Either way we will all swap to soft after first stint! :)

In the test race
the A class guys will Qualy and start the race on RH or less
The B class guys will Qualy and and start the race on RM or less
The c class guys will Qual and and start the race on Rs or less
But all can change to any tyre after the 1st green race lap.

The results of the test Race will reflect how the championship starts and goes onward.
From there it will be based on where you are in the points standings.

Bhp & tyres for each driver to Q & start race listed below dependant standings
After the Race start drivers can change to any tyre or tyre combination.

-1st----Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards
-2nd---Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards
-3rd---Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards
-4th---Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards

-5th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-6th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-7th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-8th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-9th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
10th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
11th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards

12th & lower.....
-------------Runs 330 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RS or less but can use any afterwards

Its almost certain that every driver will want to get on the RS as soon as they can, as in previous series.
However forcing the tyre type change rule means that the slower guys will loose any advantage they have gained by then having to run a stint on RM.

We had quite a few little test races last night.

I start on RM and the slower guys start on RS.
They are able to hold their own against me when they ar on RS and i am on RM so thats good.
But after pitstop i change to RS for and they have to change to RM for a stint.
They then loose and help they gained by starting on RS.

I just think as we have a Q tyre and start race tyre allocation that helps the not so fast guys,
we can do away with the compulsory tyre type change rule.

Last edited:
Yeah that makes sense now, I didn't realise anyone would be starting races on RS!

Is there any lap times for Indy Road yet? I'll try to get some practice in this weekend, need to work out a good setup! Looking forward to changing the settings on this car, I think there's a lot of room for improvement in the stock setup!

Yeah that makes sense now, I didn't realise anyone would be starting races on RS!

Is there any lap times for Indy Road yet? I'll try to get some practice in this weekend, need to work out a good setup! Looking forward to changing the settings on this car, I think there's a lot of room for improvement in the stock setup!

Well, i have never raced at Indy road course before so have had to learn the track, however i am sort of at grips with it now.

I think the fastest laptime i have seen is GTP_Jonjig at high 1.31 if i remember , on RS at 320 Bhp.
My best along with Gueven at 320 on RS is 1.33s
Francis at 330 on RS is 1.35

I guess you fast guys will be in the 1 29s but tyres wear fast here, it seems a slippery track.

And the pitlane is very very long so pitstops have a lengthy time penalty.

i would like to join the series

Thats great Tube.

make sure you follow me @Stephen Vann on this forum and as many others as possible on the drivers list page 1 index 13.

Invite to Community Club
Once PSN befriended i will invite you into the Community Club - where you will almost always find us practicing for the following Mondays race.

Watch Thread

Also make sure you click the Watch Thread button at the top left of this page.

Receive Thread alerts

Top right, click Alerts and click Alert Preferences and check all boxes to be updated of any new posts or thread updates.

Read all Rules & Regulations.
Make sure you read carefully all the rules regs on details of the series indexed below.

Clearing Cashe
On Race nights when the room will be full, please ensure you clear your cashe, in main game screen press start / network / clear system cashe option, and also for a faster and more stable connection it is a good idea to restart your router before starting the game.

Also i will need to you post me your car colour and car number please.

Guys i suggest you go to the community club room and get practicing.
Its a very slippy track and takes a lot of getting used to.

Back