GT3 - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTS - TEST RACE -post 822Finished 

Are you joining tonight Andomeda.
If yes can you give me an indication if you are Mega fast ?, just fast ? or meduim ?

Also you would need to psn friend me and i will invite you into the community club lobby we race in ?

Let me know.
I was not going to, but it seems I got a bit of spare time, so yes, I will hopefully join tonight.
Most consider me an alien, but I have no practice in this car, no good setup etc...
So, hard to tell. but I'd say room A.

I have sent a friend request, note that PSN name is TRL_ERAZER, as I have changed TRL name, but cant change GTP name as I'm not premium.

My car will be ink blue #13 with grey rims. :)

I was not going to, but it seems I got a bit of spare time, so yes, I will hopefully join tonight.
Most consider me an alien, but I have no practice in this car, no good setup etc...
So, hard to tell. but I'd say room A.

I have sent a friend request, note that PSN name is TRL_ERAZER, as I have changed TRL name, but cant change GTP name as I'm not premium.

My car will be ink blue #13 with grey rims. :)
Great, i will invite you to the community club lobby before i set the room up.

Also guys,
if you can
restart your routers before coming online

and
ensure your cleare the cashe each and everytime you enter the race lobby.
in case you dont know how to .................
In the main game screen, go to settings [ press start ]
options
network
clear system cashe

image.jpeg

Sorry for not making to the Pre-Season. Something unexpected has come up. But I will be there on the next race.

I got engine damage.. i'm braking too late and ruined my own race and tires cold no warm up this track ..

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say this, but this was one of the stupidest races I have ever done, the power advantage of the lower classed drivers is ridiculous. It was OK at Brands (Note: OK, not good!) But for Sarthe it was just retaded.
On top of that: Who the hell thought penalties ON was a good idea??
👎
No way.

I'm out.
Hit me up when all cars have the same specs, and you promise to NEVER use the in game penalties again.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say this, but this was one of the stupidest races I have ever done, the power advantage of the lower classed drivers is ridiculous. It was OK at Brands (Note: OK, not good!) But for Sartheit was just retaded.
👎
No way.

I'm out.
Hit me up when all cars have the same specs, and you promise to NEVER use the in game penalties again.

Thats fine.
Tonight was a test night.
To see how the new drivers speed was and to see how much nhp diference there was on 3 different tracks, short, long and medium.
Leaving half way through did not really give me the data i needed.
Also all our series are handicapped.

I'm sorry to say this, but this was one of the stupidest races I have ever done, the power advantage of the lower classed drivers is ridiculous. It was OK at Brands (Note: OK, not good!) But for Sartheit was just retaded.
👎
No way.

I'm out.

I agree TRL, it's ok at normal tracks but at Sarthe it was stupid. I warned before the race that we should not do this track with this type of handicap system, but no one listened haha!

And penalties on is annoying too.. It shouldn't ever be switched on, races aren't good with cars going see through half the time and 9 times out of 10 penalties are unfairly given! I think we can all trust each other not to cut corners at this level, we are all here for fair racing!

It would be a shame for you to leave the series, I think with your pace we could have had some good battles with the other class A drivers! Maybe we'll have to start our own Megane series with no power handicap ;) haha!

Thats fine.
Tonight was a test night.
To see how the new drivers speed was and to see how much nhp diference there was on 3 different tracks, short, long and medium.
Leaving half way through did not really give me the data i needed.
Also all our series are handicapped.
Yeah, sorry for that, but you can see how it's just no fun when a driver who is so much slower just flies past you on the straight right? And overtaking proves extremely difficult as they pull away on the straight the only real chance you have is is the twisty part. Despite all this you manage to get past them, having them just fly past you again, or bumping into you. That's not fun.

Maybe the hadicapping should not be that severe at tracks like Sarthe tho?

we should just try and see how to have more power decreasement considering the results , i mean like -10bhp for a win , but still have as base 375 , 360 , 355 ...just an opinion ...
but i think the basic idea we have there can make races very interesting ;)

Guy's, i wanted to say that last night was a test.

We have many skill levels who take part, and to give everyone a chance to do well in the series we must be able to evaluate how the elite guys can cope with less bhp than the normal slower guys, especially over a longer race.

It is of course impossible to make the handicap completely fair, as over many different series we have tried many many solutions, and in reality there is no way that makes it completely fair, but is still try to find ways to make it as fair as possible for all.

The idea of Brands hatch and then Sarth was to use 2 extremes of track, that was short and technical and one that was long long straights.

The results were a bit messed up as many left the race, so what i was looking for in the replays was not a great representation of everyone's level over a longer distance.
It is not also just about lap times of each driver.
We have very fast guys that almost never make mistakes, fast and slow guys that do make mistakes, so ultimately its an impossible task to get it even for all.

I am very tempted to revert to a similar type of setup where we had different driver and car classes as we did last season, and drivers alternated each race in the different cars.

That way it ensures that all get a chance at the top spots when they are in the faster car.
That way the 3 classes of drivers would battle with each other within the main race.
To ensure that there was no overlap each class of car would be quite different.

So we have 3 Classes of driver A B & C as we have now.

We have 3 Classes of Car 1 2 & 3

We have 9 rounds with one 90 minute race at each of 9 different tracks.

Week 1 - Class A Drive Class 1 car - Class B drive Class 2 Car - Class C drive class 3 car.
Week 2 - Class A Drive Class 2 car - Class B drive Class 3 Car - Class C drive class 1 car.
Week 3 - Class A Drive Class 3 car - Class B drive Class 1 Car - Class C drive class 2 car.
Week 4 - Class A Drive Class 1 car - Class B drive Class 2 Car - Class C drive class 3 car.
Week 5 - Class A Drive Class 2 car - Class B drive Class 3 Car - Class C drive class 1 car.
Week 6 - Class A Drive Class 3 car - Class B drive Class 1 Car - Class C drive class 2 car.
Week 7 - Class A Drive Class 1 car - Class B drive Class 2 Car - Class C drive class 3 car.
Week 8 - Class A Drive Class 2 car - Class B drive Class 3 Car - Class C drive class 1 car.
Week 9 - Class A Drive Class 3 car - Class B drive Class 1 Car - Class C drive class 2 car.

Cars
Class 1 Car PEUGEOT 908 HDi FAP Base Model 10 - 700BHP MAX - Tuned
Class 2
Car Lexus IS350 GT300 - Base Model - 500BHP MAX - Tuned
Class 3
Car Renault Megane Trophy Base - 300BHP MAX - Tuned

This way groups of each class would be battling with each other without huge penalties.

We could run with some weather, tricked as to make it changeable so its not a deluge.

I have to say i only try to make it fair for everyone.
Which of course is an impossible task, however the last series we with 2 classes of car and 2 classes of drivers was very exciting for everyone because they knew they had a fair chance to beat the guys within their class.

I get huge amounts of ideas and feedback from all of you in the forum and psn messages about what they would like in the series, the problem is that everybody wants different things.

Please have a read and let me know if its something you would be like.

We have many skill levels who take part, and to give everyone a chance to do well in the series we must be able to evaluate how the elite guys can cope with less bhp than the normal slower guys, especially over a longer race.

It is of course impossible to make the handicap completely fair, as over many different series we have tried many many solutions, and in reality there is no way that makes it completely fair, but is still try to find ways to make it as fair as possible for all.

The idea of Brands hatch and then Sarth was to use 2 extremes of track, that was short and technical and one that was long long straights.

The results were a bit messed up as many left the race, so what i was looking for in the replays was not a great representation of everyone's level over a longer distance.
We have very fast guys that almost never make mistakes, fast and slow guys that do make mistakes, so ultimately its an impossible task to get it even for all.

I am very tempted to revert to a similar type of setup where we had different driver and car classes as we did last season, and drivers alternated each race in the different cars.

That way it ensures that all get a chance at the top spots when they are in the faster car.
That way the 3 classes of drivers would battle with each other within the main race.

Week 1 - Class A Drive Class 1 car - Class B drive Class 2 Car - Class C drive class 3 car.
Week 2 - Class A Drive Class 2 car - Class B drive Class 3 Car - Class C drive class 1 car.
Week 3 - Class A Drive Class 3 car - Class B drive Class 1 Car - Class C drive class 2 car.
Week 4 - Class A Drive Class 1 car - Class B drive Class 2 Car - Class C drive class 3 car.
Week 5 - Class A Drive Class 2 car - Class B drive Class 3 Car - Class C drive class 1 car.
Week 6 - Class A Drive Class 3 car - Class B drive Class 1 Car - Class C drive class 2 car.
Week 7 - Class A Drive Class 1 car - Class B drive Class 2 Car - Class C drive class 3 car.
Week 8 - Class A Drive Class 2 car - Class B drive Class 3 Car - Class C drive class 1 car.
Week 9 - Class A Drive Class 3 car - Class B drive Class 1 Car - Class C drive class 2 car.

Cars
Class 2
Class 3

This way groups of each class would be battling with each other without huge penalties.

We could run with some weather, tricked as to make it changeable so its not a deluge.

Which of course is an impossible task, however the last series we with 2 classes of car and 2 classes of drivers was very exciting for everyone because they knew they had a fair chance to beat the guys within their class.

I get huge amounts of ideas and feedback from all of you in the forum and psn messages about what they would like in the series, the problem is that everybody wants different things.

Sounds much better!👍
Remove the in game penalties, and stick with steward reviewed incident reports instead, and I'm in again. :) (If I'm allowed to)

Last edited:

Cars
Class 2
Class 3

It sounds much better in my Opinion. 👍

I strongly dislike multi class... Then we can just as well have races with 3-5 cars, because that is basicaly it - with additional moving obstacles in form of other classes on track and that is far worse then any penalties, imho

I strongly dislike multi class... Then we can just as well have races with 3-5 cars, because that is basicaly it - with additional moving obstacles in form of other classes on track and that is far worse then any penalties, imho
That may be the case yes, but if we race with the similar power in the same cars we still have 3 distinct groups that will battle amongst their own skill level anyway, as we had before, the elite guys are gone miles ahead, the medium speed guys have their own battle and the slower guys have their own battle too.

It always happens and in all the series i have been in there are generally 3 separate groups, but at least when each group have the fast car they will be fighting for wins. In the end it will be about getting as many points as poss that all add up for the final championship standings.

Of course its not ideal, what would be ideal if the fast guys slowed down lol.

Or
we could all run the megane.
Have a Tuned series instead of default
with weather races, i will mix it up to ensure its not just floods.

We all run the Megane but each class at Different Bhp each week.

Week 1 - Class A Run 540 Bhp - Class B Run 440 Bhp - Class C Run 340 Bhp.
Week 2 - Class A Run 440 Bhp - Class B Run 340 Bhp - Class C Run 540 Bhp.
Week 3 - Class A Run 340 Bhp - Class B Run 540 Bhp - Class C Run 440 Bhp.
Week 4 - Class A Run 540 Bhp - Class B Run 440 Bhp - Class C Run 340 Bhp.
Week 5 - Class A Run 440 Bhp - Class B Run 340 Bhp - Class C Run 540 Bhp.
Week 6 - Class A Run 340 Bhp - Class B Run 540 Bhp - Class C Run 440 Bhp.
Week 7 - Class A Run 540 Bhp - Class B Run 440 Bhp - Class C Run 340 Bhp.
Week 8 - Class A Run 440 Bhp - Class B Run 340 Bhp - Class C Run 540 Bhp.
Week 9 - Class A Run 340 Bhp - Class B Run 540 Bhp - Class C Run 440 Bhp.

Within each group we can have -10 Bhp increments for championship positions.

Or
we could all run the megane.
Have a Tuned series instead of default
with weather races, i will mix it up to ensure its not just floods.

We all run the Megane but each class at Different Bhp each week.

Week 1 - Class A Run 540 Bhp - Class B Run 440 Bhp - Class C Run 340 Bhp.
Week 2 - Class A Run 440 Bhp - Class B Run 340 Bhp - Class C Run 540 Bhp.
Week 3 - Class A Run 340 Bhp - Class B Run 540 Bhp - Class C Run 440 Bhp.
Week 4 - Class A Run 540 Bhp - Class B Run 440 Bhp - Class C Run 340 Bhp.
Week 5 - Class A Run 440 Bhp - Class B Run 340 Bhp - Class C Run 540 Bhp.
Week 6 - Class A Run 340 Bhp - Class B Run 540 Bhp - Class C Run 440 Bhp.
Week 7 - Class A Run 540 Bhp - Class B Run 440 Bhp - Class C Run 340 Bhp.
Week 8 - Class A Run 440 Bhp - Class B Run 340 Bhp - Class C Run 540 Bhp.
Week 9 - Class A Run 340 Bhp - Class B Run 540 Bhp - Class C Run 440 Bhp.

Within each group we can have -10 Bhp increments for championship positions.
Well, I think that Multiclass race would be much better in my opinion like the 1st season: Peugeot 908 LMP vs Nissan GT-R GT500.

I'm going with many variants. What would be great for me, for example,
a pure Megane Cup, with the possibility to tune and all with the same power.
It may be, that the same 4 guys are in front frequently, but that's for me to grow and a good motivation to do it better next time.
the simplest way to compromise.
And who feels good only as a winner, must be faster :lol:

Yes, what Gueven says sounds great to me as well :) Even more when you know that what i dislike the most is tuning BUT for car like this Megan that is completely fine with me, and i know that most of the guys here will share their FULL set-ups, and as well there are great tunes available on gtp.

And my support to Gueven's suggestion is even greater when it comes to having truly realistic and competitive racing. I like to be able to see trough races as i catch-up with pace of some guys or as some others catch-up to me - as both motivates me equally... Without that i just loose all interest.

I am also OK with preserving some, smaller, amount of bhp parity if it can't be helped - but not to the extreme.
I like Augs idea that taking down bhp referres only to the winner of previous race. Maybe you could extend that to"podium winners" of previous race, and all others keep same bhp...

Maybe if you see some participants continually finishing at bottom three positions (without crashing, just on lack of outright speed), they could be allowed some additional bhp...

I agree with guev and phaed. The Megane is a great car and having everyone in the same class will give people the chance to improve and it will mean that we aren't just racing against the 2 or 3 other people in our classes, which makes the races more interesting! A proper race with all the same car will be a lot of fun and more realistic. We should definitely keep some kind of bhp/weight penalty for podium finishers but have a limit to how far a driver can be penalised, or even say they have to use hard tyres at least once during a race, rather than just medium and soft.

Ok I like the input guys.at the end of the day there is prize money that I put up.
Clearly I will be signing that over to the best driver if there is no bhp/weight penalty.
So of I am putting up prize money then you can see I want to make sure that all have a chance to win or place highly.

Again the idea of Monday's test raves was to give me a clearer indication of bhp settings for each driver.

I am more than happy to go tuned series.

Also I think having a base bhp setting of 330 bhp that will allow us to add bhp and have a cap at say 360 bhp for the slower guys and a cap at 300 for the faster guys

I don't like any type of system that means the stewards have to spend hours looking at people's driving .
The replay does not give good days in tyre use so we can't use that.
Also as if is mostly down to me to review things, I generally let the in game penalties deal with corner cutting. I can't sit for hours watching everyone in replays.
Finally I have to say that watching Monday's replays I see a lot of contact in race 2 between Mr racing line and eraser , there was also a lot of bumping with lozza and me.
I did make it clear that we zero contact in this series. You fast guys do drive much more aggressively than us slower drivers but it is not fair to be bumping and rubbing alongside another driver under any circumstances, a zero contact series is the most important thing, and will be the only thing that I look for in replays when any contact is reported to stewards.

So
1 - I am happy to keep megane.
2 - I am happy to go tuned.
3 - Bhp min 300 max 360
4 - I am happy to have some weather.
5 - only have bhp as a handicap.
6 - give harsh bhp penalties for any contact.

If you guys could post what you think would be fair in your eyes.
A bhp settings roster for each driver and result.
9 tracks that are not long or tricky and would provide good racing for this car.

Back