GT3 - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTS - TEST RACE -post 822Finished 

Ok I like the input guys.at the end of the day there is prize money that I put up.
Clearly I will be signing that over to the best driver if there is no bhp/weight penalty.
So of I am putting up prize money then you can see I want to make sure that all have a chance to win or place highly.

Again the idea of Monday's test raves was to give me a clearer indication of bhp settings for each driver.

I am more than happy to go tuned series.

Also I think having a base bhp setting of 330 bhp that will allow us to add bhp and have a cap at say 360 bhp for the slower guys and a cap at 300 for the faster guys

I don't like any type of system that means the stewards have to spend hours looking at people's driving .
The replay does not give good days in tyre use so we can't use that.
Also as if is mostly down to me to review things, I generally let the in game penalties deal with corner cutting. I can't sit for hours watching everyone in replays.
Finally I have to say that watching Monday's replays I see a lot of contact in race 2 between Mr racing line and eraser , there was also a lot of bumping with lozza and me.
I did make it clear that we zero contact in this series. You fast guys do drive much more aggressively than us slower drivers but it is not fair to be bumping and rubbing alongside another driver under any circumstances, a zero contact series is the most important thing, and will be the only thing that I look for in replays when any contact is reported to stewards.

So
1 - I am happy to keep megane.
2 - I am happy to go tuned.
3 - Bhp min 300 max 360
4 - I am happy to have some weather.
5 - only have bhp as a handicap.
6 - give harsh bhp penalties for any contact.

If you guys could post what you think would be fair in your eyes.
A bhp settings roster for each driver and result.
9 tracks that are not long or tricky and would provide good racing for this car.

I'm part of the stewarding crew for a few series, and its really not that big of a deal, if an incident is not reported, that means both drivers are fine with it, and no need for evaluation. So what we do is simple, we review the incidents that is reported, we dont look for infractions. Ofcourse that depends entirely on people actually submitting reports.

The in-game penalty system is heavily flawed, and if it will be used, I'm out regardles of car specs etc.

Secondly, 60bhp difference is still way too much difference. At circuits like Sarthe I'd say no more than 10bhp, and for circuits like Brands, no more than 20bhp.

1 - I am happy with megane and like Lexus also.

2 - I am happy to go tuned.

3 - max. difference 30 bhp, no weight differences
and I agree with ERAZER, ...tire handicap for the winner is also a good solution.
I think good punishment for contact, is to put back into the starting position.

4- I like dry races with this cars, and no night races please :)

INDY ROAD COURSE
COTE D'AZUR
ROME REVERSE
MAYBE A CUSTOM TRACK (UNKNOWN UNTIL RACEDAY)
MOTEGI GP CIRCUIT
AUTUMN RING (REVERSE OR NORMAL)
LAGUNA SECA
apricot hill (normal or reverse)
etc :)

Ok here is my proposal.

We have a Tuned series of 9 90 minute races.
We use the Megane trophy Base.
We change heavy damage to light Damage as this generally hurts slower guys more as they crash more.
The Bhp will be set as follows for the Dry test Race at the Indy Road course 90 minute duration.

For the Test Race
The cars will have settings as follows for the test race.
A class drivers will run 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards
B class drivers will run 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
C class drivers will run 330 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on Any tyre but can use any afterwards

After the Test race the order on the final results screen and will set the order for the start of the championship.

Race 1 and the following 8 races will have settings reflected by their standings in the championship table.
and will not be reflected by driver class.

-1st----Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards
-2nd---Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards
-3rd---Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards
-4th---Runs 310 bhp Qualy and will start the race on RH or less but can use any afterwards

-5th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-6th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-7th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-8th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
-9th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
10th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards
11th---Runs 320 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RM or less but can use any afterwards

12th place and lower.....
Runs 330 Bhp Qualy and will start the race on RS or less but can use any afterwards

Any new driver entering the series after race 1 will run the same settings as 4th place for 2 races
then will drop to his championship position setting.

Any driver no show will start the following race he enters will run the same settings as 4th place.

Any driver DC or leave the race will start the next race entered will run the same settings as 4th place.

All drivers can have 1 dropped score - taken before the final race.

Incident reports.
Any driver that has contact/bumps/unfair behavior of any kind can report on the forum within 24 hours of the race finish.
This must not be in any way to blame or explain, it will ask the stewards to look at..........
This is the format of the report
Incident between Car ? and car ?
Lap ?
Turn ?
Incident ? contact - shortcut - etc.

This will allow the stewards to look without prejudice at the incident.
It will be important that stewards review and decide fair or foul within 48 hours of the race as
Penalties given may be reflected in a Bhp penalty or Qualy or race start penalty of places.

The rule is the car that is overtaking has to take responsibility to avoid contact of any kind.
The car being overtaken must not drive in a manner that makes contact unavoidable.
Any move has to be made fairly and always giving the other car room to go to.

Most of our regulars know that and will never weave or make silly moves when both being overtaken or overtaking.
For many of us drive in bonnet view and it is as much as we can do to get around the corner without having to look behind as we enter the corner.
So the car in front and has the right to take the line in a fair manner.

This rule is the most important for me.
There are many series where cars rub and bump and drive in an unfair manner, the faster guys will find that if they treat the slower guys with fairness and respect, after a few corners or so, they are more than happy to move over and let you past if you are clearly running faster lap times.

When posting an incident report, please only do so if the outcome is worth reporting.
If the car that contacts you is out of control or contact is made unintentionally then we cannot penalise.
Only Incidents where there is clearly Intent to get past without regard for the other driver or generally driving in a manner that is deemed ungentlemanly.
Most of us are not mega fast, but we always try to be fair and that needs to be very important and understood.

The 9 Tracks for the series would be chosen from all drivers favorite track and a backup track - no night races but we can have weather at 2 races.
ROUND 1 TBA
ROUND 2 TBA
ROUND 3
TBA
ROUND 4 TBA
ROUND 5 TBA
ROUND 6 TBA
ROUND 7 TBA
ROUND 8 TBA
ROUND 9 INDIONAPOLIS ROAD COURSE
Dry

At wet starts it may be compulsory to start the race on Inters or wets dependant on Track% wetness.
This would negate the Qualy and Race start tyre rule.

Please guys give me your feedback.
Its important that we compromise and have something that everyone is happy with.

Last edited:
Ok, i like the new rules, but tracks... please give us more opportunity to vote on tracks... I really do not like any fantasy tracks at all - apart from Grand Valley Speedway, that's fantastic track... Apricot is ok. But vote of majority of drivers should decide track because choice of tracks is quite important?

Last edited:
Ok, i like the new rules, but tracks... please give us more opportunity to vote on tracks... I really do not like any fantasy tracks at all - apart from Grand Valley Speedway, that's fantastic track... Apricot is ok. But vote of majority of drivers should decide track because choice of tracks is quite important?

Yes thats fine, although i don't know many of the tracks and it takes me about one thousand laps of crashing to learn them.

I only listed them to see what people thought.

Ok then lets have some tracks.
I have to say i like the idea of the test track and the final track at the same venue, it would be a good indication of what improvements we have made over the series.

Maybe everyone post me your favorite track and also a backup ?

It does look like a great idea to have test track as final one also.

Regarding length - with new rules it does't seem that important to focus on tracks lenght (shorter the track, more overlaping it creates)

So, from me I will just post all tracks that i enjoy, so i hope it will be quite easy to fit them in with majority of other drivers votes:

Real life tracks:
Red Bull Ring gp or short
Brands Hatch gp
Mount Panorama
Silverstone gp
Willow Springs
indy road
Monza
Motegi road
Fuji
Suzuka
Laguna Seca
Spa
Sarthe
Nurburgring
Nordschleife

Fantasy tracks:
Midfield
Apricot
Trial Mountain
Grand Valley Speedvay

City:
Tokyo
Monaco
Rome

As a side dish:
I would enjoy "exibition" race/trial in "Race alone format" at Eiger short track REVERSE, on sport tires - as an emulation of tarmack rally or hill climb racing with this nice Megane :)

This all looks great! I think this will work better than multi class and more importantly be more fun :)

My only question really is why aren't we running the cars with a bit more power? If we aren't having the over-sized penalties then we could run at 345 - 375. Just makes the car a bit more fun to drive!

The track list looks good to me, apart from Monaco. I would prefer Brands Hatch, Trial Mountain, Midfiel Raceway or Mount Panorama :)

With tuning power goes all the way to 545bhp, so certain upgrades will be illegal i expect - ones that are easily detectable?

This all looks great! I think this will work better than multi class and more importantly be more fun :)

My only question really is why aren't we running the cars with a bit more power? If we aren't having the over-sized penalties then we could run at 345 - 375. Just makes the car a bit more fun to drive!

The track list looks good to me, apart from Monaco. I would prefer Brands Hatch, Trial Mountain, Midfield Raceway or Mount Panorama :)
To be honest, the more power the cars have, the harder it is for the not so skilled guys to drive consistently over 90 minutes, and also with more power the small bhp differences will have less effect....
I have driven the cars at all 3 bhp settings and there is not a huge difference in the car lap times, and this will also mean that spending time tuning the car will have a bit more of an effect.

I will wait until 10pm tonight before i set in stone the rule changes as i want to ensure everyone is ok with them.

To make it fair it would be easier if everyone just posted in their favorite track and their second favorite.
That way i can try to make a list that accommodates everyone.

TRACKS VOTING PREFERRED

KOSSU 1st choice Monza 2nd Choice Mount panorama
LOGIC 1st choice Spa 2nd Choice Laguna Seca
HARSK 1st choice Rome 2nd Choice Trial Mountain
GUEVEN 1st choice Midfield 2nd Choice Grand Valley
PHAED 1st choice Grand Valley 2nd Choice Laguna Seca
ERAZER 1st choice Suzuka GP 2nd Choice Silverstone GP
LOZZA 1st choice Mount panorama 2nd Choice Suzuka 2014
MIKEY 1st choice Rome 2nd Choice Brands hatch GP

So with the above listed tracks.

We have tracks that everyone has chosen at least once
TEST RACE 1
Mon 12th Oct 2015
INDIONAPOLIS ROAD COURSE
Dry Weather

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 1
Mon 19th Oct 2015
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Dry Weather
Week 2
Mon 26th Oct 2015
Suzuka 2014
Real weather at venue
Week 3
Mon 2nd Nov 2015
Circuito di Roma Forward
Dry Weather
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 4
Mon 9th Nov 2015
Grand Valley Speedway
Dry Weather
---------------------------------------------------------------
Week 5
Mon 16th Nov 2015
Brands hatch GP
Real weather at venue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 6
Mon 23rd Nov 2015
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Dry Weather

Week 7
Mon 30th Nov 2015
Midfield Raceway Forward
Dry Weather

Week 8
Mon 7th Dec 2015
Silverstone Gp
Real weather at venue
DROPPED SCORE DEDUCTED FROM POINTS
Week 9
Mon 14th Dec 2015

Indionapolis Road Course
Dry Weather

Last edited:
Hard to pick just two tracks...

1. Mt. Panorama
2. Suzuka 2014

So with tuning open are we allowing engine and turbo tuning? Or keeping power tuning banned?

Hi guys, I'm interested in signing up..

Car no. 83, Colour Gold .
Great Jon,

If you have a favorite track and a second let me know.

From your speed
yesterday i will put you in with 320 Bhp and start the race on RM.

Psn friend and follow
Make sure you psn friend and follow Logicline @Stephen Vann and as many others as possible on the drivers list index 15.

Invite to Community Club
Once PSN befriended i will invite you into the club - where you will almost always find us practicing.

Watch Thread

Also make sure you click the Watch Thread button at the top left of this page,
and select receive email notifications.

Receive Alerts

Top right, click Alerts and click Alert Preferences and check all boxes to be updated of any new posts or thread updates.

Rules and Regs
Make sure you read carefully all the rules regs on details of the series on page 1 of the thread, especially the qualy procedure index 7 and the Race start procedure index 8.

Clearing Cashe
On Race nights when the room will be full, please ensure you clear your cashe, in main game screen press start / network / clear system cashe option, and also for a faster and more stable connection it is a good idea to restart your router before starting the game.

Track listing now confirmed

TEST RACE 1
Mon 12th Oct 2015
INDIANAPOLIS ROAD COURSE
Dry Weather

Week 1
Mon 19th Oct 2015
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Dry Weather

Week 2
Mon 26th Oct 2015
Suzuka 2014

Real weather at venue

Week 3
Mon 2nd Nov 2015
Circuito di Roma Forward
Dry Weather

Week 4
Mon 9th Nov 2015
Grand Valley Speedway
Dry Weather

---------------------------------------------------------------
Week 5
Mon 16th Nov 2015
Brands hatch GP
Real weather at venue

Week 6
Mon 23rd Nov 2015
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Dry Weather

Week 7
Mon 30th Nov 2015
Midfield Raceway Forward
Dry Weather

Week 8
Mon 7th Dec 2015
Silverstone Gp
Real weather at venue
DROPPED SCORE DEDUCTED FROM POINTS
Week 9
Mon 14th Dec 2015
Indionapolis Road Course
Dry Weather

Damn. I'm going to miss Suzuka, one of my favourite tracks! I should be back for round 3 or 4 depending on how I feel after my trip. I will be at the test race but unfortunately I'll be in Vietnam for rounds 1 & 2 so can't make those!

Good track list though. And no Sarthe, thank goodness haha!

Damn. I'm going to miss Suzuka, one of my favourite tracks! I should be back for round 3 or 4 depending on how I feel after my trip. I will be at the test race but unfortunately I'll be in Vietnam for rounds 1 & 2 so can't make those!

Good track list though. And no Sarthe, thank goodness haha!
Thats a shame, but everyone gets to drop 1 points score.

Just a note for everyone, i have added on Page 1 - Index 14 - Helpful Tunes.

To help anyone that is struggling with a tuning direction, i have posted links.

If any of you have any that might help the slower and newer guys if you post the page link or the setup, i will add it.

Just been thinking to myself, while practicing with others tonight.

At present we have a compulsory tyre type change.

As we are starting the race with specific tyres to help the slower guys, by having the compulsory tyre type change on, it does not really help them, as i imagine most drivers will opt to run RS all the race, but the slower guys will have to go onto the slower tyre at some point, and that will negate any advantage they get from it.

I am suggesting to scrap the compulsory tyre type change, so we just start on the tyre allocated to each championship position, and then can run any tyre type after that.

Let me know if anyone objects.

Last edited:
Yes that is fine Phaed, i do realise that.
Although the speed difference between 375 bhp and 330 bhp is not that much in lap time, at barnds hatch anyway.
I think thats a good idea, have 3 groups, A B and C
But we can stick you in B group and also sken if prefers that.

I think Monday we shall make a test races day and we may just run the races like that
with 375bhp 350 bhp and 330 bhp,
but you should stay in.

What do you think ?

I might be able to join you on Monday my friend. I might have it off. Fingers crossed :)

Back