GT3- What's missing ???

• Thread starter Supra4eva
  • 101 comments
Ill tell you what's missing. I Am absaloutely ashamed that GT3 has no RM Options, its a disgrace !!!
y the hell did they leave it out ??!!! I always looked forward to Race Modifying my cars.... but now ive been deprivedof that pleasure.

Also.. im Gt3, i am annoyed at the lack of tracks available.... of course new tracks like smokey mountain, and a the complex string track etc.. are good, but wheres Autumn-Ring ? high-Speed Ring ?-Rome night circuit from GT2, Grindlewald, Red Rock Valley.... etc.. where are they ?! surely a newer game like GT3, should have the older tracks and more.

Anyone alse have the same views, oris there anything else there is either non, or a lack of in GT3 ??? :irked:

i was dissapointed at the lack of RM at first aswell...then i realised the cars actually look pretty damn cool in just standard colours...

As for tracks...well it could do with a few more, but isnt High speed Ring in GT3?....or one thats extremely similiar.

One thing that GT3 doesnt really 'lack' but that got to me is the way some of the cars are badly misrepresented. i bought an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, fully tuned it and, I know for a fact that this car is a complete beast in real life, fast as hell acceleration and near 200mph top speed (or more...). I got it on the test track and its like a damn tank, had a low top speed and poor acceleration.

lol, me and you both seem to be doing things similar, lol, i baught exactly the same.. i bought the reddy kinda colour one. absaloutely fully-tuned, and it IS like a TANK. Handles ****e, teke's off just as bad, sounds kinda ok from what i can remember... i never use it... and the top speed, well... what top speed ? lol

hehe, yeah i was pretty dissapointed....looks so damn good and its British...then turns out to be crap :(

best car ive got so far is probably the Zonda Race Car, Vertigo Race Car or the Raybrig NSX (only had the game 3 weeks, only playing 'regularely' for about 3-4 days)

yeah I had a PS1 from 1996-2001, so I played GT1-2 loads, then I kinda got into my PC in a big way online gaming etc for about a year and a half...got a GC in September 2002 then PS2 December 2002....so yeah I dont think I could deal with the graphics hehe...

I actually like that there weren't RM bodies. I like the stock bodies in GT3.

I think GT3 is missing good representation of launching a car. FF can't launch at all, and it seems like all tires can't grip now.

I miss the Loads of Bima's that were in GT2, but GT2 has such bad graphics u couldnt tell a vauxhall from a merc, lol

Originally posted by j2s
the Xsara is FF, isn't it? it's quite a conteder.
lest we forget the Spoon CTR...

Yes it is an FF. Citroen had run a front wheel drive Xsara in a season (forgot which one but it won a couple times I think)...

Plus the price might have been higher since each car costs $$ to make. Takes alot of time. Plus there is disc space to worry about. If the graphics and gameplay are good, I wouldnt care how many discs there are...

The most important thing that GT3 is missing is AI. The horrible pitting strategy and follow-the-leader, ignore-the-player AI driving is shameful.

The other major thing I'd like to see are more short tracks. Grand Valley, SSRoute5, Rome, and Seattle are in the game; why couldn't we get GV East, Clubman Stage5, Rome Short, and Seattle Short? Those wouldn't take any time to model and would be real good for beginner and low-power races.

I don't mind having the old cars at the dealer or the lack of race mods. And I'd rather have GT3's bigger garage than GT2, where you could own a maximum of 100 out of 500+ cars... who needs 'em?

:D Hope this is the right place to ask, since you guys seem quite knowledgeable about GT2. I only know GT3. I would like to see the "Missing Tracks" from GT2. MY QUESTION IS: If I rent GT2 to play on my PS2 can I easily check out all the tracks, or do I have to "Unlock" them like in GT3??? Thanx in advance...UB57:D

I belive gt3 is missing out on the vairety of cars. I think they should also have package deals you can buy with your car, like hennessey package, or lingenfelter.

GT2 Tracks

GT3 Tracks

UB57, many of the tracks in GT2 have to be unlocked by doing arcade or licenses and sim racing before you can play them. You should be able to get them thru arcade on a rental, but if you've played a lot of GT3 the graphics may look like vomit. Consider yourself warned...

:D Thanx CrackHoor, I'm really not interested in the inferior graphics or playing the game, just wanted to see the tracks I see referred to so much........UB57
:D

Myabe not such a high number of Japanese cars, even it out a little like add more to the others to catch up. Better AI with player sensing so they ca navoid you. Have them hace 'emotions' like if you hit them and get to close next lap they mess up or get revenge...
Better physics. Vipers handle better than that.
  • Better AI with player sensing so they can avoid you if you get to close and they can mess up as well and get revenge
  • Better Physics, Vipers handle better than that.
  • Have an actual test course, with a slolumn course, quarter mile, stuff like that
  • Have a virtual garage (like in 4X4 EVO and Auto Modellisto(sp)) where you can even customize you garage
  • Custom paint jobs and body kits (bring back racing mods)
  • Be able to make some of your billboards around the tracks (Where you can make goofy messages too)
  • Longer times between oil changes
  • better tire wear physics (10 laps maximum? Com'on! They dont wear that fast!)
  • Small cosmetic damage effects (dents, dings, crumples, te usual)
  • Instead of regular rally have rally cross, or have both
  • Matching AI (have the AI match your cars limits in Enduro's)
  • Be able to personalize certain parts of the game
  • tade cars over the internet
  • download new cars
  • have races for pinkslips where winner takes the money AND the car!
  • Drag racing
  • Spaks when you slide against the wall or another racer
  • Personalize backgrouns in the game screens (like the start screen)

This is only off the top of my head, more later...

Yeah .. bring back the bodykits and like Frustrated Palm said , drag racing . Drag will be a good idea . I wish they really put it in the next game .

They almost put drag in GT2, but they ran out of time, which exolains the drag cars. I'd also like to see sponsers in the game, where you need a sponser sometimes and you get money from them too. Maybe even having a car number and a license plate...

WHATS MISSING TO ME is... there needs to be a reverse light when you reverse.. they need to have exhaust coming out of exhaust pipe... obviously all the old tracks. APRICOT HILL, PIKES PEAK, all the old tracks... MORE CARS!.. i also think that when you complete a license and you've done better than the demo, your replay should be saved instead of the game in the replay theater..
these are all minor changes but i would like to see them, i also think the rallies should be like real rallies not circuits. hmm lets see what else. the races need to have more restrictions, such as the amount of cylinders, a weight class and whatever else can even up the competion. BODY KITS WOULD BE NICE,. but that leaves to much room open.. all I ask is that you can put a WING ON ANYTHING, the carbon fiber wing lie the one on the LM SUBARU or DENSO. much better AI. they are stupid.there should be a skid pad added. AND I THINK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK THE CONDITIONS OF EVERY TRACK.. lets say the option of wet/dry at least... how come only 2 tracks have water?? corny.. anything else.. OH YEAH CARBON FIBER HOODS ON ANY CAR.. just like the wing. PEACE i cant think about anything else but there is plenty that can improve the game OH YEAH I WANT TO PLAY PEOPLE ON INTERNET.. i think im GOOD haha

Im not good at posting fast times but get me in a crowd and my talent really shows. Maybe not a wing on EVERY car unless you can buy some front spoiler to even it out. I'd also like to be able to have fiberglass hoods and stuff sinceCarbon fiber adds a bit of drag though it is a little lighter...

I'd say some more american and european cars... I wouldn`t care busting one of a two dozen skylines (yeah, I exagerate) for having a cool saleen mustang or, damn, where the hell is the BMW M3 and M%? or the Z8? or, the frikin Audi SR4 (yeah, it's on GTconcept... you can play it, I cant) OR a Lingenfelter vette? they put Japanese tuners on the game, so why dont add some lingenfelter, saleen, or even some arden jags or schnitzer BMWs... something that actually hauls.
but, overal.. I think they left out something that really gave life to GT2... vintage and muscle cars. heck, I'd throw away all the damned Lancers and subarus for a nice set of mopar muscle and that big block Vette. well, that would be it for me, muscle cars... and, heck, more variety of cars. I dunno you, but I'd change any time the alto works or any stuff like that for some more euro and american cars. GOOD american and european cars. and, well, I think that putting a wing and carbon fiber hood and all that would be a mistake. Cars look good the way they are.

also, HI to all... Im new :D

Cano

Originally posted by DGT
i was dissapointed at the lack of RM at first aswell...then i realised the cars actually look pretty damn cool in just standard colours...

As for tracks...well it could do with a few more, but isnt High speed Ring in GT3?....or one thats extremely similiar.

One thing that GT3 doesnt really 'lack' but that got to me is the way some of the cars are badly misrepresented. i bought an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, fully tuned it and, I know for a fact that this car is a complete beast in real life, fast as hell acceleration and near 200mph top speed (or more...). I got it on the test track and its like a damn tank, had a low top speed and poor acceleration.

exactly.... the RSX-S is another totally misrepresented vehicle (after mods of course)
i mean, completely modded it maxes at 360hp?!
tops around 145- with the racing tranny?!??!
for crying out loud- my type-s bone stock does 140!! (i know this... hehehe)

+uploading graphics and custom paint from a mac/pc would be sweet

+more cars

+realistic damage- doesnt have to be visual, could just be a chart showing parts or body location- or even just a percentage

+smarter AI- driving in a pack is a joke

Back