Bimas
Ferraris
more realistic effects i.e reverselights
in car view
white smoke
exhaust smoke
smarter AI who seek revenge
indicator lights
button fo you 2 switch on ur lihts n e time.
thats all it think though i know there mayb more

I have got to bring this back to life.

I wanted to make a thread about the cars left out, specifically the cars.
But I have such a hate for spam and bogus crap that I will not put up a new thread when this one will do just fine.

I wanted to bring up the 155 alfa romero.
The audi TT Lm.
The toyota gt one Lm with the crazy flame paint job.

There are a bunch of other cars that just escape me right now. Maybe its the amber ale, maybe its the political discussion Im taking part in at the same time, who know...

But what do you guys think? not just what did they leave out, but what cars didnt they have that you wanted?

That also doesnt apply to the obvious like ferrari or lambo or porche, those are all legal issues that well all know of, so just let it go.

One thing I'd like to see is them fixing the torque ratings in the car specs from kg/m to ft.lbs in the NTSC version, also, there should be an option to switch the units of measure, like for example, I live in Canada, we should be able to use km/h and not mph, because, for me at least, I have no reference to mph, since we use km/h everyday...

Actually you guys made me think of a huge technical oversight... The right hand drive.

In the shadowy profile of drivers you can see that the japanesse cars have right hand drive.

Yet the european cars have left hand drive, when we all know that all euros use right hand and not left.

But having two different driving sides would be very hard to model wouldn't it?

But they make the Japanese cars right hand and the american and euro cars left.

That just means they were being either lazy or igonrant. (ignorant being someone ingoning the facts)

Yes, i know that the American cars were like that. So, for the European (cept for UK) would be left-hand drive along with the Americans, and the rest would be right hand drive.

What's missing is:

- Engine damage and wear and tear....
- BLACKIEs! (I can't tell you how much fun it would be if you could see the blackies that would be left)
- SPeed? Everything's in slow motion. When I'm driving 100km/h with my car it feels faster than 140 mph....
- I think the handling is way too good. If you take a car with 400+ hp and slam your right foot down, it's going to get a little squirelly. I wish there was more toque steer and bumps in the tracks (especially the ones on streets). The cars only feel unstable after about 600-700hp.
- I'd like to see a better representation of cars (not a million sh@tboxes aka GT2), but some more big names and better compacts (ferrari would be a nice dream, and how 'bout my Cavalier Z24?)

Originally posted by GoKents
Yet the european cars have left hand drive, when we all know that all euros use right hand and not left.

:D To GoKents:
I thought that the only Euro drivers still driving from the Right Hand Side were those in the UK. Have the rest of them changed over since my last visit???...UB57
:D

Yah know what I miss. I miss the really short courses like Autumn Ring short. That track was a strict acceleration only track, and it was so much fun to race to the finish line at full bore, considering you start so close to it :D
Not to mention, I remember all of the different Daihatsu's and man they were fun. Slow, but fun just the same. I wish they would make a comeback.
And does anyone remember the W18 Vector? It's shark-like physique was one to be remembered. Plus, it had some serious acceleration. It drove like a brick though.

I'm thinking DAMAGE!!!!!

Imagine how cool it would be if you could get wiped out of the race completely or could wipe the other guy out of the race. Think about all the cool replays that you guys would post on this site if you had videos of cars getting crunched in, flipped upsidown and wheels and parts flying out in the road. Maybe a little fire would be good too. Smoke everywhere so you have to drive into it not knowing where the wrecked car is.

Why do people really watch NASCAR? for the wrecks!!! (but that's cause the cars and tracks aren't cool enough). I'm thinking this game would be awesome with damage. For one, it would stop you from having to deal with opponents cheating by bouncing off the walls.

ok that having been said we can't have good damage without an improvement to the AI. I mean, comeon... the computer hits the wall constantly. They'd be out of the race in no time.

I also think it would be cool to have a down lap during a big wreck in the road while a road crew came out to clean up. But that would probably be to hard to do for GT4. Maybe GT5. : )

Yes! toyomatt, the vectors.

I wondered what happend to them, especially since vector has released a new super car sometime with in the last 4 years.

I loved the M12 LM.

I also noticed what was meantioned above about the damage aspect, but I dont really mind that damage is gone.
It didnt add to the game too much.

I think gt3 is good,but they surely could have used the advice of the people in this thread.

GoKents,
Do you remember the amazing coolness, lol, of the small, but awesome, Daihatsu pickup?
It didn't pack too much of a punch, but it sure handled well.

Originally posted by toyomatt84
Do you remember the amazing coolness, lol, of the small, but awesome, Daihatsu pickup?
Wuhahaha... I still remember the.... uuuhhh.... the.... car:odd:

hero.jpg

ok first off bmw...(??? idk if it was u) whoever posted a list of things like reverse white light exhaste smoke ...
most of those are on gt3 juz the race cars your used to dont have brake lights or reverse lights how often do they go backward in a race why do they need a brake light they should be paying attention f1s dont and they dont need them so why would u need them

then now danoff have u ever played need for speed high stakes ya kno the one where u gotta pay for your damage

well actually u notice u never get anywares cuz u always gotta fix your car u get like 50 dollars a race not worth it even a side swipe at the wall slows u down so u can only get like 3rd place its not fun no your flips hmm would it really be fun it would get annoying waiting for your car to get hit back or the tower to come flip u back then u would have to sit in pits forever
ok think of this how would u feel if u were like last 5 laps or mins in a race alsudden a car rams u u hit the wall and flip it bam your out of the race gee 115mins put to waste cuz now u gotta do it all over
now take an f1 on the mistreal enduro dont qualify
tell me that u can do the entire race cleanly (i mean no ramming no side swipping no hitting walls) actually tell me if anyone can do the mistreal with no contact whatsoever nowals no cars nothing

Indeed I remember that little sucker. It was a fun ride.

I also like the idea of the old tracks being on the game... they should have never left them out. Major mistake.

I also had my memory jogged by the gt2 forum...

The cerbera LM... damn, that was the best car in gt2 for me. I wish they had kept that in there... oh well, I guess I should just keep hope alive for gt4.

One thing I noticed lately was that they took out the boost adjustment that was in GT1 (and maybe GT2...). That was excellent because then you could dail your car in for the track.

The other thing I really miss is unbalanced tracks. I mean tracks where there isn't a perfect ratio of speed and handling needed. Not all tracks are perfectly balanced! I enjoy Seattle because it's more handling than speed, but where's the reverse? (High speed ring maybe?) That's what I liked about Autumn Ring too.

I miss my 70's American cars. The Charger especially, but the others that were in GT2 as well. They may not be up to moidern standards, but they are damn fun to drive.

Blackfish

Quarter mile racing like in Sega GT 2002 and interchangeable exterior modifications (spoilers, body kits, decals) would make good for GT4. Some of the rice-haters might disagree, though.

im going to have to say this...i miss the used cars and the great variety of cars....i will also say that in respects GT2 is so much better than GT3 ..except the graphics..........im so ashamed

i always thought it would be fun to sell little cards that had cars on them, maybe it would come with a match box representation that would be so sweet

another thing i thought about wile i was playing GT3 at 4am this morning...and maybe this belongs one a diffrent bored, but they should sell body mod's like they sell Tires have ground fx, spoilers, front air damns, the woiks under a nie easy menue and you could scroll around until you found a body kid that really accented your curves ;) and about all you guys that want the race paint scheme, why not have a sponser system and have them pay more for race winnings if they have there logo on your car, i think it would be a sweet idea, but the developers would havea time and a half with these idea, but look at what they created in GT3... well, im racing my rotory on the oval enduro. the f090 wasnt any fun anymore by the way im stll new and havent got a welcomeyet....scre you guys :)

lots of stuff, like:
better AI; r/l drivers aren't that dumb:P
muscle cars
drag racing
real tracks like Watkins Glen or Sears Point;)
[R] mods
realistic tire wear; tires don't wear out in 3 laps

im really glad they got rid of [r], go ask your local tune shop to put a bunch of stickers on your car...i think it would be a funny encounter, this game is basd on working your way through, selling specific body parts i think would be a better way to go, and if you guys really want stickers on your car then maybe you can buy thats what i think :lol:

Id say we need more rally tracks, and for the love of god how long would it have taken to transfer all the tracks in simulation to arcade, I think it would be lotsa fun to have ur 2 highest powered cars duke it out on test course. More street cars from companies like Citroen whose sole purpose in GT3 is to make 1 rally car. HP restrictions also, and why oh why did they take out used cars. I loved buying the used cars in GT2. Anyways thats what I think would have made GT3 better.

Rather than make the rally better, but still not near as cool and expansive as real life, they should make an all rally game (Polyphony Digital should...). I'd love to see them put the detail into a dedicated rally game, then use the rally space for more real road cars.

Back