GT300 Championship

• Thread starter rob
  • 47 comments
the audi s4 tuned to the max with racing mods, super soft tires and you can tune it down for other races too so its a great car

I would recommend one of the Lancer Evolution versions available as well perhaps. Race modified, and with either racing soft or super-soft tires, those things are able to hammer the competition!
As with the S4 you can change mods to make it fit into other race categories, too.

i forget the name (actually i just forget how to spell it)(it starts with an 'A-something' Racing Edition)
it is an RX7, it is yellow and you buy it in the mazda special car dealer
it is 500,000
if you have the money to spend, it is a great car, not to fast, but it can stop on a dime
it's one of my favs. :cool:

RE Amemiya Matsumoto Kiyoshi RX-7. (Absolutely the longest name for a car in GT2) You could win races in the GT500 class with it, if you're good. I used the [R] Stratos in the series...a close one!

Audi TT LM Edition, totally blasts the competition. Exellent acceleration and enough speed to compete with the big boys in the GT500 Championship. Also the TRD3000GT full mod (down tune to just under 591hp)😈 😈

Wimps! ;)

Try using the Taievon Trampio FTO. It's strange how a 350 hp FF car will outrun and outhandle every other car the game uses in those races...

best car for that is the lancer rally version 99. its got the best handling out of any of the cars in there, easily slides round corners and has plenty of power to knock any of the cars away. you cant buy this car, you have to race in the SSroute 5 endurance race. its worth it though. it can be used in many races.

Originally posted by maverick_296
it dont have much grunt though

Your right, that is why it is critical to modify the gears correctly, and keep it in the power range at ALL times. If you do, it flies.

yeah it does fly with the ratios around 10 - 12...but i wanna go faster!!!! ha ha, a good car flies with the ratios around 17 - 22.......calsonic.....mmmmmmmm......too bad it cant be used in gt300 lol

These are the best cars for that race:

Toyota Altezza LM Edition
Dodge Concept Car LM Edition
Audi TT LM edition
Honda S200 GT1 LM Edition
Tommy Kaira ZZII LM Edition
Mazda RX-7 LM Edition
Lotus Esprit LM Edition
Lotus Elise GT1
Jaguar XJ220 Road Car

There are others as well.

Opel Calibra
Dodge Concept LM Edition
Honda S2000
Any Dodge Viper if you know how to tune Suspensions good.
Alfa 155 Touring car
Sometimes I use the Nissan Skyline Silouhoutte Foumula
I could go on forever.
Good Luck Man !!!! :cheeburga

The [R]GT40 that you win from the final MR challenge is just disgusting in this and several others actually. Don't forget to change the tires to soft, and you'll probably want to do some downforce and gear adjustments. The suspension settings don't neccessarily need to be changed, but you can improve the handling if you do so.

Originally posted by neuby
the audi s4 tuned to the max with racing mods, super soft tires and you can tune it down for other races too so its a great car

... the S4 is a crappy car :\ ... no offense

Of course you're right...Audi S4, Calibra Touring and Unisia Skyline are the best...perhaps also Mazda RX-7 LM Edition...!!!
Heavy tuned of course!!! :cool:

Cusco Impreza is a great car to use
or any of the Silvia GT's

i recently built up a racing 22b STi with
stage 1 turbo
racing muffler/air
fully customized suspension
racing transmission
super soft tires
carbon driveshaft
Lightweight/Racing mod
Sports Brakes and controller
stage 3 clutch
racing flywheel
think that's it

making 378HP
it is an excellent competitor for the races. keeps up nicely and isn't too powerful (unfair) and handles like a dream :D

I've been running the Skyline Silhoutte for the 300GT series; although it's a handful on the first stage, it's OK on the second and third and flies on the fourth and fifth stages.

GKP

The GT300 series is one of my favourite series from GT2, and at its best when you race it in one of the cars that are actually supposed to be there, i.e. one of the cars that you race against.

It's been a while, but as I remember it, the RX 7 mentioned before and the Cusco Impreza are "easy" cars, the two Silvias (Daishin and Xanavi) and the BP Trueno are "medium" cars, while winning it in the Celica or the MR2 can be quite a challenge.

I also had quite a good time trying to build "correct" cars for this series (i.e. cars with similar weight, hp and drivetrain (no 4WD)). I remember succeeding quite well with a Cerbera, although it felt a little cheaty for some reason...

Too bad there isn't a series like this on GT3. The closest would be GT World Championship on Amateur I think.
GT300 cars on GT3 would be the C-West Razo Silvia JGTC and the MR-S Autobacs Apex JGTC?

The GT300 is more competitive. Using street cars (instead of purpose-built GT300 cars) makes it a challenge. But I think we've all been guilty of entering an overpowered car in the series at least once.

I used an RX-7 LM the first time out. Too easy.

Back