GT4 Drift Tuning Competition week 1, results up tonight!

next car to tune?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just to give everybody a full week to tune their car, while the judges test, the competitors can be working on their next car. if you guys post which car you would like to use i'll add a poll with the first few i get, one nomination per user please. (if this is ok with you guys)

1989-1990Nissan 180sx
Put me in the second week because I might not finish the first tune in time

does anyone know if you can edit a poll? i f'd up, post your car choice here rather than vote (unless you like the available choices.)

does anyone know if you can edit a poll? i f'd up, post your car choice here rather than vote (unless you like the available choices.)

You can't do it yourself.

You'd have to have a mod remove the poll from the thread so you can put up a new one.

Well if possible, I would like to change my vote to a Caterham Seven Fire blade

i think the next car should be an Evo 4 (my name sake) but it's whatever you guys want this week, then as i've previously stated, the winner of week 1 chooses the car for week 3 and so on.

just a point i think i need to make clear, the winner of week 1 chooses the car for week 3 and so on, so you all know i have two of the judges' results on file and i am currently waiting to see if i get more by 8pm tonight (uk time).

sorry it's been so long guys, i've been overloaded with coursework etc. So here they are, i couldn't wait any longer for Fat Boy Drifter to send his results.

~Drift King~
Boundary Layer~~~~
1. 9 - Power over lead to a bit of understeer but still manageable.
2. 8 - Reved up quick long drifts were hard due to toping out again still manageable,.
3. 10 - no snap back felt, easy and smooth exiting
4. 10 - Didnt wheelspin to much or to little for me

37/40

Nk4e~~~~~~
1. 8 - Little more understeer than i would of liked.
2. 8 - Reved up quick, longs drifts were hard.
3. 10 - no snap back felt, easy and smooth exiting.

36/40

George Morley~~~~~
1. 7 - Understeered moderatly.
2. 8 - Reved up like the others.
3. 9 - Little snap, could handle it though

34/40

slider-s15~~~~~
1. 7 - East due to power, but the mixing of tyres that extreme wasnt needed.
2. 7 - From all the Hp, reved up extremely fast, making it hard to drift average corners.
3. 7 - Snaped back due to strong wheelspin.
4. 7 - Lots of wheelspin, not needed

28/40

Ske
Boundary Layer:
Entry: 8/10
Mid drift: 7/10
Exit: 9/10
Straight Line: 10/10
Comments: He set it up exactly as I did. It just doesn't oversteer enough when braking, which forces me to use the ebrake to correct my angle mid-drift...but that's a problem I could not fix either, so I guess this might be as good as this car gets.
Taller rear height and closer to 50/50 torque split is the only big difference from his to my settings, but I don't think it matters much.
Total: 36/40

Slider-s15:
Entry: 5/10
Mid drift: 4/10
Exit: 7/10
Comments: N3/N1 stagger does things to a car's handling that no other tuning can make up for... The car is too oversteery on entry, and it's impossible to sustain zero counter drift. It also tends to wander around a bit on exit, but it's manageable. I'm not quite sure I consider this a "serious" alternative due to the extreme measures he went to trying to turn this car into an FR
Total: 26/40

Nightkids4ever:
Entry: 2/10
Mid drift: 1/10
Exit: 9/10 (moot point)
Comments: Sorry to say, I couldn't drift this car at all... it just won't oversteer unless riding on the ebrake. Reversing the springs/dampers front to back and resetting the toe angle would be a start for getting it back into shape.
Total: 22/40

George Morley:
Entry: N/A
Mid drift: N/A
Exit: N/A
Comments: He didn't really tune it, did he?
Total: 10/40

Drift2XS
BL

Criteria
1. 9
2. 10
3. 10
4. 10
Total Score: 39

Comments

Initiating the drift was sometimes difficult, but once it got going it was great. It handled very good during drift and coming out of the drift. The straight line stability was also good. I found linking corners very easy in with these settings and the car feels stable and easy to control throughout the drift. I think all that needs work is making it easier to initiate the drift, then it would be gold.

slider s15

Criteria
1. 10
2. 8
3. 8
4. 8
Total Score: 34

Comments

Extreme settings slider, it does get the job done though. With these settings, it is very easy to initiate the drift, maybe a little to easy. It did seem to want to over steer a too much, on the corners after long straights, the car wanted to drift just under braking. I found myself adjusting the steering and throttle a lot during a drift to keep it from spinning out. It got to very high angles and was relatively easy to control during drift. This was the only car I spun out in though, so I say if you played with the settings to try and make it more stable it would be great.

NK4E

Criteria
1. 5
2. 6
3. 9
4. 10
Total Score: 30

Comments

I found it very tough to initiate any drifts, so It was hard to judge this car probably. Most of the drifts I was able to do didn't have much angle to them, but were easy to control. I got a lot of under steer in this car so that might be the problem. In your settings, it didn't state what you had your aids on, I guessed you had them off. It was very stable though, I did high speed slaloms and the car remained steady. Work on the drift start and getting rid of the under steer and I think it would be good.

George

Criteria
1. 6
2. 4
3. 9
4. 10
Total Score: 29

Comments

George's car was also very hard to initiate the drift, I think the under steer was even more excessive than NK4E's car. The stability and straight line handling were great, but starting a drift was very difficult, it seemed all it wanted to do was under steer. More setting changes and staggering the tyres would help a lot I think.

i'm quite pleased with my result. especially considering i forgot the weight/balast settings. i do drift useing my brakes to initiate drifts so that explains some of the results. a comment was made about uncountersteered drift issues with my Evo which i thought a bit strange as counter steer is usually a must in all drifting.

But as i say to all the Newbies that come to me asking for settings, you learn to drift by feeling it, and no ones settings will work for you as well as your own. thats what makes yours special!:sly:

well done to all who entered!:sly:

Here was my submission:

Lancer Evo VIII GSR

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Brake Controller
Port and Polish, Engine Balancing, Sports Racing Chip
Fully Customizeable Transmission, Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Full Customize LSD, Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 2 Turbine Kit, Racing Intercooler
Racing Suspension
N2 Tires Front, N1 Tires Rear
Variable Center Differential, Stage 1, 2, & 3 Weight Reduction, Chassis Refresh (if necessary)
Oil change
~490HP after break in

No wing. No AYC.
Settings:
Brake Controller:
  • Front: 2
  • Rear: 5
Suspension:
  • Spring Rates: 7.5 kgf/mm | 5.5 kgf/mm
  • Ride Height: 100mm | 100mm
  • Shock Bound: 3 | 3
  • Shock Rebound: 5 | 4
  • Camber Angle: 2.7 | 0.5
  • Toe Angle: 0 | 0
  • Stabilizers: 5 | 3
Gear Ratios:
  • No Changes
Aids:
  • ASM Oversteer: 0
  • ASM Understeer: 0
  • TCS: 0
LSD:
  • Initial Torque: 10 | 18
  • Limited Slip Acceleration: 10 | 38
  • Limited Slip Deceleration: 10 | 20
VCD:
  • Front Wheel Distribution: 38
Weight Balance:
  • No Change

congratulations to all who enered and my thanks go to the judges for helping to make this happen :)👍 i'm now awaiting BL's car and track choice for week 3 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back