GT4 Driftmobiles

Mclaren_Man
I think that the 'ring would be interesting to drift on, as long as PD have put all of the bumps on the track making it nice and difficult. Apparently at the Karussel they haven't simulated the banked curve very well. any way, my first car is likely to be an old school Supra or silvia and unlike GT3 I think that I will start drifting straight away whereas in GT3 i started once i reached about 30% I think...

ha....damn u and ur sig lol.....the F2004M will hold off the MP-40 and once the F2005 is out, kiss ur McLaren F1 goodbye! as for drifting the ring......man it would be absolutly gutwrenching....but fun, i must admit. as for SSJChar's comment....yeah ive seen them drift clean tarmac too....both in WRC cars and in tuned Evos, STIs, etc. however, that is soooooooooo hard on ur tires that its not worth even trying....my friend and I tried it in his Evo MR and it didnt work.....damn AYC just kept on turning the car!!! Amazing car!

Izanagi
GTO right here....tho i have to say i dont like American cars, it is a sweet ride!

Agreed.

My Dad's friend used to own an orange 1969 GTO "Judge".

It rocked. Although, I'm not fond of the year they put in the game.

It's more like an 'oldie' than a 'muscle car'.

1969_Pontiac_GTO_Judge_ad.jpg

Note the reversed air dam.

That's the tach.

looking Forward to doin a lil Monkey style and NOB style at any track............and drifting every other car in the game(that is RWD)

Can any of you guys complaining about the ease of drifting in GT4, switch your DFP to 200 deg. lock to lock and give us an accurate comparison of GT3 vs GT4 in that sense? I know in GT3 the steering sensitivity is speed sensitive, this may have some impact when comparing the two. I would think if you switched to 200 you might experience something similar in GT4, just an idea. Also I have no doubt drifting is easier in real life, you have so many more inputs/feeling for what you car is doing, not to mention a clutch to assist in controlling you cars stability. So that point is kinda moot when comparing a game to real life. The guys on Overdrift seem to have things down somewhat although I notice they are heavy into using Feint Drifting techniques. Also from my experience you wanna countersteer almost as soon as you initiate the drift, might some of you be waiting to long to countersteer or not countersteering enough having to compensate for the new freedom of 900 deg?

Anyway. Nice to see a community growing, and best of luck to all of you.

Laters.

Not necessarily! I shot a video clip of Richard Burns when he was still with Subaru pulling a VERY smooth drift off of the Motegi main straight into the exit of the pit lane.

Clip 01
Clip 02

Not as much smoke as you would have expected, but incredible to watch the WRX drift so effortlessly!

Enjoy! (Links are on yousendit.com so limited to 1 week's time of downloading from today... please don't delete from server as they will automatically expire)

Izanagi
well that involves dirt, gravel, slight bit of very dirty tarmac.....good luck

legacyb4
Not necessarily! I shot a video clip of Richard Burns when he was still with Subaru pulling a VERY smooth drift off of the Motegi main straight into the exit of the pit lane.

Not as much smoke as you would have expected, but incredible to watch the WRX drift so effortlessly!

I saw the vid too. It was pretty cool but just not quite there, you know what I mean? The nicest 4WD drift I've seen in a while was the one video with a yellow Evo VI with bronze rims but I don't know where it was at. I think a tiny clip of it might be in one of the videos in my sig.

ToyotaDrifter
Perfect Car would be the Trueno LOL first car im going to buy =), then with the transferred money from gt3 ( yes u can send money from gt3 to gt4) i will fix it up all the way =D
quick question, is there a limit on how much money u can transfer from gt3 to gt4. thanxs

Man. Only 5 days......Gamestop called me to confirm my preorder today. So excited! Once I get this game i'll be playing it non-stop for a couple of months or more. I can not wait!@!@!@#$#@

HOW good is the S2K at drifting really...like in the control of you of you top driftiers on this site.............Ive goten some good drifts in one...buti want to she how well you guys can...cause i plan out suck with a controller i need a DFP bad

im especially looking forward to driftin in the Silvia S-15 Spec-R on any track at all. but i still must wait 2 days, probably gonna be the longest two days of my life!

The only thing that I'm going to try to drift will be the Dodge Ram. Other then that I stick to the grip racing.

I look foward to drifting a bunch of funky cars. My favorite courses in GT3 are Trial Mountain, Deep Forest Raceway, Special Stage 5, and Apricot. Those count for reverse too... In GT4, I look foward to Tsukuba, Motegi, Trial Mountain, and Deep Forest Raceway. Seattle will be tight too, I even live around here.

Back