GT4 General Discussion and Questions

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 3,640 comments
Just had a quick blast on GT4 using my launch model PS3 - didn't play long though as I couldn't get my logitech G25 to work with it at all!! Any ideas why it wouldn't work?

I was playing the first ToCA Race Driver game with it just fine using the PS3 so I'm sure it can be done in GT4 too

Guys I have a problem with GT4 on a Slim PS2. The disc spins slowly, and thus doesn't load up the game. Lens are clean, and PS2 reads every game I put on it. Any help?
The disc goes like "Tsk tsk tsk tsktsk, tsk tsk tsk tsktsk."
Also, disc is very clean. I borrowed it from a friend, but I have my copy too. Neither of the copies work on my Slim PS2, but they work on my friend's PS2.

Guys I have a problem with GT4 on a Slim PS2. The disc spins slowly, and thus doesn't load up the game. Lens are clean, and PS2 reads every game I put on it. Any help?
The disc goes like "Tsk tsk tsk tsktsk, tsk tsk tsk tsktsk."
Also, disc is very clean. I borrowed it from a friend, but I have my copy too. Neither of the copies work on my Slim PS2, but they work on my friend's PS2.
Try tilting the console up. That is what I normally do to get GT6 to work on my PS3 and I heard it works on PS2 as well. Give it a try! :)

^ Have your PS2 check out by a small videogame shop that offers repair. Or watch some DIY Youtube videos to do them yourself. Sorry man.

I don't think it's the PS2 either. Just moments ago, I was playing GT3.
The ps2 seems to not like GT4 very much. My slim ps2 wouldn't read it hardly at all. My bigger ps2 with wait about 3 seconds, then it will start reading the disc. I think it is mainly because GT4 takes up quite a bit of space on the memory card.

I just figured out an interesting strategy for grinding small amounts of money fairly easily.

Required - A few thousand credits (maybe about 8k, I'm not 100% sure, initial patience.)

1. Purchase a Daihaitsu Midget II D-Type from a used car showroom (forgot which one, but it's a fairly recent model.) This takes the "initial patience."
2. Upgrade to the first NA Tuning upgrade, getting some extra power at a relatively low price.
3. Enter the Daihaitsu Midget II one-make race. With the NA upgrade, I've won first place in B-spec. Haven't tried the whole race in A-spec yet. This is a 4 lap race on Motorland, and only one race.
4. The first-place prize is 2,000 credits, and the prize car is a 1963 Daihaitsu Midget. A puny car, even compared to the Midget II, but it sells for 4,000 credits or so.
5. Clear your record for the Midget II race and repeat.

If you're stuck unable to purchase the NA tuning, then enter a driving mission. As long as you have your IB license, you can do the "pass" missions. The Midget II race itself is license-less.

I just figured out an interesting strategy for grinding small amounts of money fairly easily.

Required - A few thousand credits (maybe about 8k, I'm not 100% sure, initial patience.)

1. Purchase a Daihaitsu Midget II D-Type from a used car showroom (forgot which one, but it's a fairly recent model.) This takes the "initial patience."
2. Upgrade to the first NA Tuning upgrade, getting some extra power at a relatively low price.
3. Enter the Daihaitsu Midget II one-make race. With the NA upgrade, I've won first place in B-spec. Haven't tried the whole race in A-spec yet. This is a 4 lap race on Motorland, and only one race.
4. The first-place prize is 2,000 credits, and the prize car is a 1963 Daihaitsu Midget. A puny car, even compared to the Midget II, but it sells for 4,000 credits or so.
5. Clear your record for the Midget II race and repeat.

If you're stuck unable to purchase the NA tuning, then enter a driving mission. As long as you have your IB license, you can do the "pass" missions. The Midget II race itself is license-less.

There are far better options than this for raising funds in GT4, the special conditions Capri rally easy race being a good starting point.

There are far better options than this for raising funds in GT4, the special conditions Capri rally easy race being a good starting point.
Also, people who are tired of running the Capri rally races just to get few bucks should try the driving mission with the Esprit at High Speed Ring. Around two minutes to get 10,000 credits, good enough for a number of used cars.

I got a question: For some reason, my PAL game comes with miles instead of kilometers. And your versions? I have doubts about the units of PAL and NTSC.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a little annoying, but couldn't find an thread of PAL vs NTSC comparison.

I got a question: For some reason, my PAL game comes with miles instead of kilometers. And your versions? I have doubts about the units of PAL and NTSC.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a little annoying, but couldn't find an thread of PAL vs NTSC comparison.
I own a PAL version and my units are displayed in kilometers. Have you checked the options on the main menu? It should be there.

I own a PAL version and my units are displayed in kilometers. Have you checked the options on the main menu? It should be there.
Yes, I have checked. I tried the Spanish language and it comes with kilometers. But on english language, it comes with miles.

Yes, I have checked. I tried the Spanish language and it comes with kilometers. But on english language, it comes with miles.
Strange, my language is also set on English and I have kilometers. Maybe there is an option to individually change the units. As far as I remember it should be there.

There's a section in the options menu that lets you change what units measurements are displayed in. It's on the main menu I believe.

So I just got GT4 again after 6 years, is there a driving line and how do you turn it on?, I've forgotten...

I Think its only in some licence tests. But i didnt play GT4 for a few years.

Strange, my language is also set on English and I have kilometers. Maybe there is an option to individually change the units. As far as I remember it should be there.

Yes, i think you could change it for the first time in the series.

So I just got GT4 again after 6 years, is there a driving line and how do you turn it on?, I've forgotten...
As Harsk100 have said above, you can turn it on or off by pushing the R3 button. Available only on the B and A licence tests.

If you repeat certain test, ghost of your previous run appears. By pushing UP on D-Pad you can toggle the ghost too.

Can anyone help me regarding one little question:

Do AI lineups of the GT World Championship change if you race in other events?

For instance, if I want to race against lineup #8 (based on the link above), do I have to re-enter the GT World championship eight times or I can use those eight days to race somewhere else?

EDIT: I have found the answer, AI grid changes on GT World Championship even when you change days by racing elsewhere. I find this convenient because I can do other races while waiting for my lineup to appear.

Last edited:
English isn't my main language so there might be some mistakes in grammar.

I ran into this now I don't know anything about it. Does anyone here know anything about this release? It says on the packaging "Not to be sold separately" as seen on the picture. Looks like it's not in it's original cover box neither. Is there any difference in this game...etc Tried to google it but lately it's easier to find cancerous pages, such as spams click bait add grabs and bunch of other disease then proper quick information as before.
Any info is welcome. Thanks.

happy racing

Attachments

• GT4 - WTF is this - Screenshot_5.png
    GT4 - WTF is this - Screenshot_5.png
    156 KB · Views: 55
English isn't my main language so there might be some mistakes in grammar.

I ran into this now I don't know anything about it. Does anyone here know anything about this release? It says on the packaging "Not to be sold separately" as seen on the picture. Looks like it's not in it's original cover box neither. Is there any difference in this game...etc Tried to google it but lately it's easier to find cancerous pages, such as spams click bait add grabs and bunch of other disease then proper quick information as before.
Any info is welcome. Thanks.

happy racing
Some sort of bundled version GT4? How did you get it? Was it sold on its own or along with something else?

It isn't mine. I found it on a add. The seller doesn't know anything about it and all he said is that the game is scratched and it skips and blocks. The image is the only image from the add. That's why I would like to know what this could be.

I don't think this was bundled with the PS2. These don't have "Not to be sold separately" written on them (if memory serves me right). My guess is that it's some sort of promotional version.

Latest Posts

Back