GT4 Hybrids - GameShark Codes ->Updated Post#1 Oct 30, 2011

• Thread starter GrumpEone
  • 196 comments
thanks a lot guys......GrumpEone, I have one more spreadsheet to send for you.......You'll get it in a little while

Heck yeah, awaiting your file... In the Mean time I figured out a Mileage Reset code that will reset your mileage back to 0.00 or change your mileage to a specific value of your choosing.

Mileage Reset back to 0.00
20A17ADC 00000000
20A1FC68 00000000

Code Example
Say for some odd reason you wanted a car with 1,500,000.0 Miles on it, I will explain how to modify the code to yield that mileage.

Take the mileage you want (Example: 1,500,000.0 Miles)

Multiply your mileage by 1,600 (Example: 1,500,000.0 x 1,600 = 2,400,000,000)

Now convert that to HEX using a scientific calculator (Example: 2,400,000,000 = 8F 0D 18 00 h (HEX))

Lastly replace 00 00 00 00 with your HEX code (8F 0D 18 00) in both codes.

Your resultant codes should look like this:
20A17ADC 8F0D1800
20A1FC68 8F0D1800

This is weird. I took my precious Cappuccino, gave it the Alfa 166 engine, along with stage 3 N/A and stage 2 turbo, and now, for some odd reason, the power fluctuates anywhere from 97 HP to 12,270. :odd:

I have a question about "turbo id" code in gt4.what does that do?
i m working on gtpsp hybrids.It has very similar address structure to gt4.Parts values are same.i found a partial match on that turbo id values.Can someone send a standart impreza value ?
I want to check if they match.
I found some values in this file GT4 - Hybrid Sheets.rar .They are very close .I want to be sure.thanks.

Okay I don't get it. How do I use these in Gameshark 2? I activate them in gameshark, start up gt4, go into the garage, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Do I have to convert the codes or something? please help!

I have a Gameshark 2, and the codes work perfectly fine. Explain the whole process.

Also, I now have a blue Mazda Autozam with 253 HP. It's so wonderful, it gets to over 170 mph.

Darn it, adding dirt tires allows practice on the "Dirt and Snow" tracks, but won't allow racing in rally events, possibly since the car, like the Alfa 155 2.5 Race car I tried doesn't allow the option to switch to dirt tires in the tuning menu.

Also, a few of the Ford GT engine codes provided in the spreadsheet lock the game, I tried 2 of them until I found one that works. The ones I tried were Ford GT Race car '69, and GT LM Race car spec II '04, those locked the game. However the GT '05 (no stripe) engine code works.

and thanks for the spreadsheets, now I am neglecting my 2 other game saves, at 25% and 46% respectively :dunce:

Those spreadsheets are incredibly useful, I've got the Alfa Romeo 166 engine in the Autozam, with a turbo kit and light engine modding. This is one enigmatic car. It's extremely difficult to keep in absolute control, but once the rear end steps out, it's a very calm and controlled car.

I have a lowered Dodge Ram with huge rims, and a lowered Plymouth Cuda with 19" rims. An Opera S2000 with a Ford GT engine, and the Alfa race car, working on adding rally suspension right now. It'd be really nice to have an MK's type program for GT4.

Here's a link to my pics uploaded so far

Last edited:
@ stignumbers: I take a code from a spreadsheet, put it into gameshark, activate it, and when I start up the game and go into the garage or setup nothing seems to happen to the car.

I have a question about "turbo id" code in gt4.what does that do?
i m working on gtpsp hybrids.It has very similar address structure to gt4.Parts values are same.i found a partial match on that turbo id values.Can someone send a standart impreza value ?
I want to check if they match.
I found some values in this file GT4 - Hybrid Sheets.rar .They are very close .I want to be sure.thanks.

I'm not 100%, but I think the Turbo ID code just tells GT4 that a Turbo Kit is installed, that is my theory anyway because all the turbo ID codes are the same.

...Okay I don't get it. How do I use these in Gameshark 2? I activate them in gameshark, start up gt4, go into the garage, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Do I have to convert the codes or something? please help!...
...I take a code from a spreadsheet, put it into gameshark, activate it, and when I start up the game and go into the garage or setup nothing seems to happen to the car...

Sometimes you have to actually 'get in' the car for the values to refresh, well that's the easiest way , if you enter a race or the setup screen, it should make the adjustment too.

Makes sure the codes are entered correctly, makes sure you are NTSC and not NTSC2, as they have different memory addresses. If you are NTSC2, then subtract 6F80 (hex) from the memory address.

Example

2x Engine Multiplier Code
NTSC Code =10A1F92E 000007D0
NTSC2 Code=10A189AE 000007D0

What does changing the chassis do? My Autozam is a tad too twitchy, and I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of that.

What does changing the chassis do? My Autozam is a tad too twitchy, and I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of that.

If it's anything like GT3 hybridding, it changes the wheel orientation, model specific 'grip', and what upgrades are available.

I'll probably get to playing with chassis setting in the next couple of days, I'll have a better answer for you then.

Still no luck. Is there something i'm missing? A second line of code or something?

My other thought, was do you have some of the other GS codes for GT4; specifically the <M> master code?? or are you just entering the code without a master code present. If that's the problem goto this thread and enter the master codes into your GS: NTSC GT4 - GSv3 & v4 - Converted Codes (from Codebreaker Codes) w/RAW & ARMAX

Be more specific, and maybe we can figure out the issue. What is it, three posts now without any details... (sorry if I'm a bit direct, but I used to do computer support)

1st, what version are you NTSC, NTSC2, or Pal (on a PS2, I assume)
2nd, What car are you trying to mod?
3rd, what part are you trying to put on?

Sorry, im kind of a newb at this. Anyways, yes, I'm using the master code you posted.
1. I am NTSC.
2. I am modding a Mazda mx-5 Miata s-special type 1 '95.
3. I am trying to put in the engine from the Ford Mustang gt '05.
Any more info you need, i'll gladly post it.

Let's go through what I'd do.
1. Get into the car specified
2. Go to the Gameshark menu, and input the code under GT4
3. Restart Gameshark
4. Activate code
5. Pop in GT4, and away I go.

note: are you inputting the code where it says "Cheat name?" I made that mistake for a while, when you input the cheat name, you press right, press circle, then input the code.

No luck. I followed those instructions perfectly. I can't think of what I might be doing wrong. I've checked and double checked the codes, tried NTSC2 codes, took all of your advice... It's not a hardware issue because I can still hybrid in GT3 just fine. Any other suggestions?

I really am out of ideas at this point. By all means, it should work, but to test it out further, I'm going to bastardize a Fiat Punto.

No luck. I followed those instructions perfectly. I can't think of what I might be doing wrong. I've checked and double checked the codes, tried NTSC2 codes, took all of your advice... It's not a hardware issue because I can still hybrid in GT3 just fine. Any other suggestions?

• I 'got in' a brand new Mazda MX-5 Miata S-Special Type I (NA,J) '95, and saved.

Starting: 130 HP - 115.65 ft.lbs./4500 RPM

• Powered-down the PS2, restarted the PS2 with the GameShark disc IN.

• Then I added the GameShark code:
    Mustang GT 2005 - Engine
    10A1F808 000007C5

• Saved my changes

• Select the code 'Mustang GT 2005 - Engine' that you just created

• Then goto Start Game, and when prompted insert the GT4 disc.

• Goto your garage, and select your Miata, then 'Get in'

• You should notice that your new specs are:

296 HP - 314.56 ft.lbs./4500

• Fully upgrade the car at 'Tuner Village', with an 'ORIGINAL' Turbo the specs are:

718 HP - 653.13 ft.lbs/4500

The code seems to work fine here, double check your master codes, and double check your code, if it still doesn't work convert to NTSC2, after that -I don't know what to tell you.

Just for complete troubleshooting purposes, The GS I'm using is: GameShark 2 v4.1 - Build 27F6

The 'Master Codes' I have active are as follows: (FYI- the 'Master Code' must be the 1st code, containing all the codes listed!)
(M) - Master
F80ACDED 0CB4CF8D
2816ED7C 01967ACB
2816ED68 0C796902
2816EDD6 5A567A65
2816ED6D 40347A71
2816ED1E 6F157A56
2816EDD4 6F427A65
2816ED62 F8AA7AF1
2816ED66 7CC15246
282F82B6 78426978
28160640 B3F15246
281606D8 49157A0F
281606ED CF137A56
2816060C F8AA7AF1
28160672 B1B9A465
282FED7C 7842692D

Oh great, my precious Autozam now has its wheels in it's front and rear bumpers.

EDIT: yep, thought so. What was weighing down my car so much, and putting the wheels in the bumpers was the after effects of the RS200 chassis, which has now been cured. I now pose a question:

Do you know how to set redlines, and rev-limiters?

Last edited:
Oh great, my precious Autozam now has its wheels in it's front and rear bumpers.

EDIT: yep, thought so. What was weighing down my car so much, and putting the wheels in the bumpers was the after effects of the RS200 chassis, which has now been cured. I now pose a question:

Do you know how to set redlines, and rev-limiters?

hmm, not sure you can.

It still didn't work. How can I tell which version of gameshark I have? On the disk itself it says v1.3, but the file in the memory card says v5.

It still didn't work. How can I tell which version of gameshark I have? On the disk itself it says v1.3, but the file in the memory card says v5.

press select at the main menu, it's not a 'plug into a memorycard slot' style gameshark is it?

No, it's a regular disk type GS. I looked and it doesn't tell the version, only the build number,1632, and date (jul 17 2006). I have a slim ps2 if it makes a difference (I wouldn't think so).

I'll assume you know this, but you do have to be fast about taking the disk out.

On a second note, I'm going to put FGT wheels on my Autozam, I'll see what that does. It's got an Alfa 166 engine, 550 kilos, 250 HP, and an Acura NSX drivetrain. I'll put a M5 tranny in it, and the aforementioned FGT wheels.

I'll assume the available mods are limited to the car, not the part.

Back