GT4:P Hits UK Shelfs!!

• Thread starter BMWz
  • 93 comments
Originally posted by Lamboracer
OK. First, how much is that in american money and secondly do u need a mod to play pal games on NTSC.

You can convert any currency amount here:

http://finance.yahoo.com/m3?u

I don't think PAL games will play on NTSC PS2's even with a mod chip though I could be wrong about that. Even if they do, you might need a multi-standard TV to handle a PAL signal. I doubt the PS2 can do scan conversion from the different resolution and frame rate.

BTW, I hate all of you in Europe...but only because I'm jealous. You guys get GTC and GT4:P and we get zip.

Originally posted by BreakerOhio
Would this be a bug free verison?
There is no reason for it not to be bug free, the bugs are ironed out of the Korean version and later Japanese versions.

Originally posted by 8400RPM
$35 for Prologue to me has been a bargain. After 3 months of playing it, it's replay value has surpassed many $50 games. That's a testament to what an achievement the GT series is, even when they scale the game down to near demo size, it still beats all the others.

Although I admit its handling is the best yet in a GT game along with graphics, I got bored of it far quicker than I did with GTC. (Although thats probably because 2 player Jag races were so much fun :D )

Also the AI opponents are laughable & I can't say the licenses excited me, although S2000 test was fun.

Originally posted by Bradrifter
Do PAL games work on modded NTSC PS2s? If its just the output signal... what if I use S-video?

Should work fine, as long as your TV can deal with it. Most modern TVs are made to deal with both, like recent Philips TVs for instance, these all work no problem. I'm the reverse situation, having PAL and playing NTSC games on my flip-topped PS2. But if not you could just play the Korean version.

If you could be bothered to read its out in a month and GT4 wont be out for a long time so its something to keeps us happy with:)

cool, i can legalize my copy
gladtomeetya.gif

hmmmm... iv heard so many people complainin about how sony is rippin off its fans cos thyre chargin them 20quid($30) for a demo.. i dont agree, what do you guys think??:confused:

Originally posted by _kamikazefly_
iv even heard one guy say that unless he gets discount from full version he wount buy the demo....bit pathetic

Why pay 20quid($30) for a demo, when later on you can buy the full game for 35quid($50)? :confused:

Seems perfectly logical to me.

That they offer it doesnt force you in anyway to buy it. It just shows the following of the game Gran Turismo series to be able to sell a BIG demo. I just wish it had 2 player support.

And it's a demo thats bigger than a lot of full sized games.

I suppose it all depends on how big a fan you are of the GT Series. Myself, I imported GT4 P from China and play it pretty much every day. Is it better than GT3, in my opinion yes, in others ( friends ) who own GT3 yes. Is it worth the money, depends on whether you have £20 to spare.

Seen as PD were originally to have released GT4 back in 03' we may yet have to wait some time till the final release of GT4. If you want to get a feel for how GT4 handles/looks then I would say that you ain't going far wrong if you go out and buy it.

You might be £20 light but by the time GT4 arrives on the shelves you will have spent many a time up till the small hours trying to beat Arwin's times round all the bloody circuits!!

:D

'fraid not ... the Asians don't have it, and there's little reason to believe the PAL version will be any different.

The prologue doesnt have it, atleast the Asian versions (Japanese, Chineese, Korean). The places I have seen GT4P as pre order shows the game as Player(s):1. And Gt4 is shown as Player(s):1-2

Yeah, the usual price is £20, where did you order it for £15.

Back