GT4:P Hits UK Shelfs!!

• Thread starter BMWz
  • 93 comments
I ordered one copy from Fnac.com for 39 €. I don't know if they ship outside France and Belgium though.

This is the release date, off of GAME UK website, they are pretty accurate:

- 28-May-2004-

:mischievous:

local game shop, im still waitin for delivery:rolleyes:
the place is gonna close down soon so ive ordered it before it shuts.:( that was the best game shop that was.

Bit concerned after the news I heard today.

I went into Game to pre-order this game. I had heard that copies were "limited" but thought it probably some marketing hype.

They advised that they would be sold on a strictly first come first serve basis and that each branch of game would only be allocated one or two copies!!!

I mentioned it could be pre-ordered online from places such as Amazon and was advised that although these places will accept orders it is unlikely that the majority of them will be able to fulfill them!!!!

It is a 'limited' game (Sony doesn't want to effect the sales of GT4 'proper' buy there still being copies of 'prologue' laying around), but Sony have said they will only produce enough disks to for all the pre-orders and not much else. The guy is probably right in that each branch will only get one or two 'shelf copies' in addition to any pre-orders.

Originally posted by Caligula1
The point is though that Game won't accept Pre-orders!!!!

:eek:
I Pre-ordered mine last week in my local Town Center Game store, does this mean I am unlikely to get it, and I should go elsewhere?

hmmm.same news i haerd, so u better be quick. if u dont get a chance, ur best bet is EBAY, i went there for mere curosity and found a few imported copies. so good luck;)

Lets hope the UK release now allows you to use the right analogue stick for acceleration / braking ( you couldnt use it in the Japanese release.... :( )

Originally posted by MoodyB
Lets hope the UK release now allows you to use the right analogue stick for acceleration / braking ( you couldnt use it in the Japanese release.... :( )
reely:confused: :confused: .
i know it must effect some people. but i very much doubt that it wount be there. i think they know that people enjoy that option, therefore they will allow it on every copy. but i tend to use L1 AND L2 for accelerator and brakes. better throttle control

_kamikazefly_
hmmm before i got my copy. i asked some guy at my local GAME store. he instantly said the it was s**t. saying that the cars feel too wooden.

He obviously knows nothing - a baffoon!

TheCracker
He obviously knows nothing - a baffoon!
no thats what worried me most :irked: hes more of a gt maniac then me. he sed that all copies were sold but hes very willing to sell his own copy cos hes dissapointed. i know this guy and hes not joking. come to think of it. id like to hear the opinion of anyone whos played it already. my bro borrowed my ps2 and i havent got a chance to play mine. :grumpy:

_kamikazefly_
no thats what worried me most :irked: hes more of a gt maniac then me. he sed that all copies were sold but hes very willing to sell his own copy cos hes dissapointed. i know this guy and hes not joking. come to think of it. id like to hear the opinion of anyone whos played it already. my bro borrowed my ps2 and i havent got a chance to play mine. :grumpy:

1) If you enjoy taking the licence tests in previous games - then you'll love this!!!

2) If you weren't bothered about the tests - then these are much more interesting than previously, they include overtaking tests and racing tests - I love them, but could take-them-or-leave-them in previous versions!

3) This 'Game' worker maybe a 'GT' nut but it depends on what you like/dislike about the series - if you hate the tests and just want to race - then you could be disapointed by prologue. But if you have a serious attempt at trying to learn what the tests are teaching you - you will become a better GT driver (even if you thought you were pretty good anyway) and will get a lot more out of the 'arcade' section of the game.

_kamikazefly_
hmmm before i got my copy. i asked some guy at my local GAME store. he instantly said the it was s**t. saying that the cars feel too wooden.
I utterly disagree, and besides, I don't like GAME anyway. They charge too much when there's a sale on let alone normal prices. There only redeeming feature is the '3 for £20" deals. But they're not that special.

_kamikazefly_
hey no matter what anyone will say. ill always have my copy. oh and by the way i like ur avatar. what car is that??

It looks like the new Maserati GT which is based on the Ferrari Enzo 👍 or a Zonda????

_kamikazefly_

If he says the cars feel too 'wooden' then it sounds like he has no idea what a car drives like.

Short of full blown sims like GPL or GTR, Prologue has a very well balance handling model.

A bit wooden sounds like the sort of comment that may be made by someone who prefers driving games with an arcade bias to the handling. Now there is nothing wrong with that, its just not the target audience for GT.

Get Prologue (but not from GAME) and judge it for yourself, then come back here and let us know what you think.

get it online, yeah, save yourself £7. For s lot of people that's an entire hour's work!!

I don't really pay attention to peeps at GAME, even when they are talking to me. Call me rude, but i think it's rude to rip people off. "lowest price guarantee", some kind of sense of humour, eh?

Polyphony001
get it online, yeah, save yourself £7. For s lot of people that's an entire hour's work!!

I don't really pay attention to peeps at GAME, even when they are talking to me. Call me rude, but i think it's rude to rip people off. "lowest price guarantee", some kind of sense of humour, eh?
hahahah. cheers people. reel help. ive got my copy, and i cant wait to play it. by bro borrowed my ps2 and hes now in birmingham :irked: so that sucks. AND i dont buy my games from game. thyre expensive and they can go suck a lemon. i only went in there cos i know the guy. oh yeah speekin of 'prologue' i love doin the licence tests, so i recon im gonna enjoy it. cheers for the help people.

_kamikazefly_
by bro borrowed my ps2 and hes now in birmingham :irked: so that sucks. cheers for the help people.
So where are you? Youre location doesn't give much away.

_kamikazefly_
oh yeah speekin of 'prologue' i love doin the licence tests, so i recon im gonna enjoy it.

You what? Me no talk now.

Polyphony001
So where are you? Youre location doesn't give much away.

You what? Me no talk now.
hahahaha. sorry mate i use texting a lot therefore it has sort of grown on me. my brother's in birmingham with his mates, while im in london looking for a bloody job!!!

Back