GT4 Photo Mode Storage Options

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 714 comments
I just lost 4 hours worth of Photo-Mode on a USB Flash stick... it broke.

Oh yeah.. so I guess I lost the USB thing too.. like 60 bucks... God damnit.

Think I could just use my iPod? It has a USB cable... and if the Shuffle works...

Chalk another one up for the Cruzer Mini 512MB flash drive to the "DOES NOT WORK". I've tried everything... FAT/FAT16 and it just keeps giving me the same error msg "USB flash drive is not connected"

Well... i've read this whole topic and have no answer to my question....

i've tried for like 2 hours and have no good news with my 'freaking' Sony Cybershot P-43.

Anyone got it with any Cybershot?!

This weekend I starting getting the error message from GT4 "error accessing USB drive" when trying to save to either the AR MaxDrive or the USB card reader I've used before. I had it working once a couple of weeks ago and experienced complete failure this weekend.

Is there some startup step I'm missing? I know both the MAX Drive and my USB card reader work great when plugged into my computer, so the hardware is fine. I tried formatting both the MAX drive and my memory card in Windows using FAT and that didn't change anything.

Anybody have any suggestions on what do when receiving this error message?

Thanks.

danmark
Perfect, robofunc

Please tell me, what instructions do I need to connect and transfer photos and game plays over to my 3G 20G iPod? Also, how do I avoid getting files onto my iPod that aren't readable? The MaxDrive resulted in files with .MAX extension.... I need JPG (or .mov or .avi, etc) obviously. Is it the MaxDrive software that put those files onto my Flash drive with the unusable .max file extension?

Any help would be appreciated.

danmark

Sorry, didn't see your post until now.

Yeah, the MaxDrive must be making that extension, because I've never seen it.

I just plug the iPod into a USB slot on the front of my PS2 and save the files to "USB device." Then, plug my iPod into my G4, it mounts to the desktop and inside is a folder called GT4. That folder contains jpegs of whatever I've just saved in photomode. Couldn't be simpler.

As far as your 20 gig iPod goes, I've never used one, so I couldn't say.

Found one that's compatible with the PS2 and the game it's the Memorex High Speed TravelDrive USB 2.0 Flash Drive 256MB got one for mine and can slam on about 50 pics and it only cost $30.00 dollars at Staples office supply.

i got this fine USB 64mb off my friend
8 bucks, because i am an excellent con
it works on my compie, but not GT4?
WTF, Mates^^

says Perkins Cole on it
SUCKS!!

Still not got my flash drive its painfull not being able to upload screens from GT4 up on here.

Ashdod
Ok I'm not a geek or anything, but i got a Scandisk cruzer mini 256mb......reformatted as explained in this thread....worked well....as for 1.0 and 2.0 I'm told that 2.0 devices will adjust themeselves to a 1.0............. thanks for the help

Do you mean that if you have a USB 2.0 device and and old PS2 with a USB 1 port it will work ?

Just one question....my pen drive in now full, so I copied everything to the PC.
I also copied the last file I had to the flash USB, but GT4 goes back to zero when creating a picture....
As I want my photos in name order I am going to be forced to rename the files everytime I copy the pictures to the PC...
thx and sorry for the english

...or, if you copy the pictures from the pen drive using Windows autoplay always to the same folder, it will automatically rename the pictures, starting from the last one you had.

DiabolicalMask
...or, if you copy the pictures from the pen drive using Windows autoplay always to the same folder, it will automatically rename the pictures, starting from the last one you had.

Thx..btw what name should I put in "group of images"?

Back