GT4 Photo Mode Storage Options

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 714 comments
I have a Sandisk 1GB cruzer mini that works perfect with Gran Turismo 4 in fact I even have gotten a simple tech 1GB to work as well and with some hubs u can get the information copied onto to several sources at once for occasions when u are taking pictures with multiple parties

Brioso
Just one question....my pen drive in now full, so I copied everything to the PC.
I also copied the last file I had to the flash USB, but GT4 goes back to zero when creating a picture....
As I want my photos in name order I am going to be forced to rename the files everytime I copy the pictures to the PC...
thx and sorry for the english

To fix this all u have to do is select all the pictures taken from GT4 either by having them in a specific just for GT4 or by pressing and holding shift while pressing the down arrow button to select old pictures and then find the new pictures and select them with ctrl and the mouse and then while still holding ctrl right-click and rename them all. This will give them a file name like GT4 (1).... to an infinte number.

fordgt150
To fix this all u have to do is select all the pictures taken from GT4 either by having them in a specific just for GT4 or by pressing and holding shift while pressing the down arrow button to select old pictures and then find the new pictures and select them with ctrl and the mouse and then while still holding ctrl right-click and rename them all. This will give them a file name like GT4 (1).... to an infinte number.

Lots of thanks fordgt150 :) :)
I managed to do that...instead of having files like IMG001... I'll have GT4(1)... 👍

my's

IMG0001mb_xjYaAlSj0nse.jpg

GT40GT_3kof5LxLg8AM.jpg

Help me!

I have a Apacer Handy Steeno ht 202, and it works great with photos, but I can't seem to put Replays on it!? :ill:
Any help? Are u guys in Gt4 when you transfer, or straight from the memory card?

Hi,
Sorry to be a newb about this but I had not taken the time to look into photo mode until just recently.

Now I have a question...
The "max drive" and "x-port" will not transfer photo files from my mem to my pc?

If either will...
How does the interface work when attempting to view your photos on the pc?

Thanks for your time and attention. :bowdown:

Hi,
My first post on gtplanet.
When I try to save to USB flash drive I get a "USB flash drive not connected" error. I have tried several different USB drives. Is this the usual message you get when the drive is incompatible or is there a problem with the USB port on my PS2.

Has anyone tryed to use there PSP's to get screens from photomode, so they can be transfered to the PC from the PSP ProDuo or Memory Stick duo.

Im confused i have a Max drive to which if i try and save a photo to USB the PS2 informs me that one is not connected. However i can transfer the photos using the maxdrive software off the memory card onto the max drive, problem arises when trying to view them on the pc as they are not saved as Jpeg images, only as .max files, can anyone help? Cant really be bothered to spend money on another USB device as the Max drive works for replays and stuff.

cheers

My USB device Did_NOT_work. "LEXAR Media JumpDrive2.0 Pro" I will look foward for another USB device, I wonder what makes them incompatible. Someone just tell me that at first his did not work but using thst same one but empty everything works fine. I don't want to format mine.

EDIT: It works now I format as FAT just for the game, it is empty now and it save to GT4 directory.

Dave_G....:If no luck, Just get the USB device. 💡

If you want to waste some time, like me here posting this. To begin with try using a program call "ps2save-builder" to open the .max (save file). If you can't see an image file in there then you can't* see the image at all. I'm no sure but i think they always save the image file in a custom format file so chances are 1%.

Sometimes ps2 fans "programmers" make tools to convert btw files to regular formats, like the case of the GTASA gallery tool but that is rare to see. But who knows.

Edit: If you may happen to see the image file after opening with "ps2save-builder" you have to right click the file to esxtract image, if that is .JPEG , .JPG or any other know format, I don't think the ps2 uses jpeg for it own.

okay, so basically, you can't get your pics off the card from GT4 without aspecial 50-75 dollar detachable USB style storage evice, right? that's total crap. I got some beauties.

+ it broke my usb device thst was not compatible, now the pc wont reed it. :grumpy:

Now a get a "PLASE INSERT A DISK error"

EDIT: god news I was able to fix the USB device with "HP" tool that i find on their website and now mine is compatible so it is again

"LEXAR Media JumpDrive 2.0 Pro" It works with the apropiate format, and most problably do work.

Sniffs
okay, so basically, you can't get your pics off the card from GT4 without aspecial 50-75 dollar detachable USB style storage evice, right? that's total crap. I got some beauties.

You can get a 64 or 128mb for $10-£15 on ebay. For $50-$75 you can get a 1gb or 2gb.

Dave_George
Im confused i have a Max drive to which if i try and save a photo to USB the PS2 informs me that one is not connected. However i can transfer the photos using the maxdrive software off the memory card onto the max drive, problem arises when trying to view them on the pc as they are not saved as Jpeg images, only as .max files, can anyone help? Cant really be bothered to spend money on another USB device as the Max drive works for replays and stuff.

cheers
I just picked up a Max Drive this morning. I figured since it was already for the PS2, and all usb drives are basically the same thing, it should definitely work.

NOPE.

Directly out of the box: Error
Move the lock-unlock switch: Error
Multiple format methods: Error
Placing empty GT4 folder on drive: Error
Plug in drive with the PS2 on-off: Error

After downloading the few programs that claim to support .max files, I found ONE (PS2 Save Builder) that lets you preview the .max picture thumbnail. It does NOT let you save/export to a photo friendly format however.

I'm $43.00 poorer, and completely wasted the better part of a day trying to get this piece of **** to work. There should be a sticky warning people to not buy this drive.

Latest Posts

Back