GT4 Photo Mode Storage Options

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 714 comments
MelloBoy still needs to update the main list, saying the PSP does work. When in USB mode on the PSP menu.

It should be openable with any photo editor, mine are plain .jpg's.
As for me I use a Creative MuVo V200 256MB, works wonders, however I haven't managed to plug the MuVo and the steering wheel at the same time :(

hi all,

I recently bought gt4. And just today I bought a Zio (Dazzle) compactflash reader/writer from compusa for $9.99. I tried it with a canon compactflash, that didnt work. So I switched to a Memorex compactflash card (64mb). It works! The card uses FAT storage.

I dont have my sandisk compactflash right now, or I could try that out too.

I think using a writer/reader adapter is a good (and probabably cheaper) alternative.

http://www.ziocorp.com/products/CameraMateCF.html
(the exact one that I have) It also comes included with an extension usb cable.

aijofly
hi all,

I recently bought gt4. And just today I bought a Zio (Dazzle) compactflash reader/writer from compusa for $9.99. I tried it with a canon compactflash, that didnt work. So I switched to a Memorex compactflash card (64mb). It works! The card uses FAT storage.

I dont have my sandisk compactflash right now, or I could try that out too.

I think using a writer/reader adapter is a good (and probabably cheaper) alternative.

http://www.ziocorp.com/products/CameraMateCF.html
(the exact one that I have) It also comes included with an extension usb cable.

Congratulations for the adquisition!!:sly:

PD: pls tell me what size do you get when you clic in this picture

[img=http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6868/alpine1600front7vm.jpg]

Ok, 1st of all - hi everyone!!

This is my 1st post on what I have to say is a great forum!

I have just spent nearly two hours reading this thread and others on the internet, I have tried my Ipod Video 60gb, a AR Datel Max Drive (with various format options as previously listed) and HP smart media card reader none of these worked. I even looked at a file convertor to convert .max files from the Datel drive but still didn't work.

Then some genius (i can't remember who) said they think most flash drives work! I ran downstairs grabbed my Jessops CF reader and a Sandisk CF card, plugged it in and hey presto!

I'm now shaking my head in disbelief that I didn't try it sooner!

Thanks guys, I nearly spent money on a dedicated pen drive!!

Mav

I've got a san disk micro cruzer and when i go and save pictures, it will only save halfway and I'll get some error message. What's going on with that

I have a sony microvault, I've been using it for a long time.

We had to reboot the whole computer, I have windows XP.

The flash drive won't work only on THIS computer, it works great on my laptop. Any ideas what it could be?

FC (DP1) drift :P

Attachments

• FC_RT5compressed.jpg
    FC_RT5compressed.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 29
I use a Konica-Minolta Dimage Xg digital camera. It is supplied with a USB lead and when I tried connecting it to the PS2 for GT4 photo transfer it worked perfectly! :) It is so easy to transfer images from GT4 to the SD card in the Dimage Xg, then use my card reader to get the images onto my PC.

I posted this because I notice the Dimage Xg Digital Camera is not in the current list.

I hope this info is useful to someone.

My relevent PC specs:
P4 2.4ghz 512MB DDR ram
Windows 98SE
USB 1.1

Will it work if I connect a sony cybershot? Not sure which model I have.

I'm just scared if my cam gets busted.

For those hardware that did not work, does it still work with your pc or did it get busted?

Thanks!

-sarked

Has anyone tested the Ipod video? i have one i was just wondering if that would work, i can't be bothered to hook my PS2 up right now.

yes you can. first hook ur psp up to the PS2, then turn the PSP on and activate the USB connection. The PS2 should recongize the PSP as a media storage device.

FaLLeNAn9eL I tried my PSP it didnt work. You can go to the department store and pick up one of these for 25usd. I went to the store the other day and got one of these for $45
ME0000398637_1.jpg
muvotxfm.jpg

I use thiss aso
G-MP3_player_dane-elec.jpg

I need some help here,I saw a couple of memory card readers around here that are compatible with GT4.So I tried using my own:

4 in 1 GENIUS USB 2.0 card reader...using my Nokia SD MMC in one of the drives,after half way through saving i get "error connecting USB flash device".

Does that mean the whole card reader isn't supported or i shouldn't use a nokia mmc or atleast format it from the pc

It worked,I just formatted my Nokia 32MB CD MMC from the PC and then used my 4 in 1 GENIUS USB 2.0 card reader.
At first it told me "error connecting to USB flash device" So i tried again and to my delight it simply worked....hehe

sixpack
hi, can anyone tell me how to take photos while in a drift. thanks
You have to either play in a non race in photo drive or save a race/arcade replay. In photo drive you just watch the replay when youre done and press select to go into photo mode (select to get out again). For saved replays just go to the replay theater and do the same thing.

It worked,I just formatted my Nokia 32MB CD MMC from the PC and then used my 4 in 1 GENIUS USB 2.0 card reader.
At first it told me "error connecting to USB flash device" So i tried again and to my delight it simply worked....hehe
Yesterday 9:05 PM
You had to format it? Hmmm... the cards are normally interchangeable between your phone and your PC so i dont know how formatting it changed anything but if it works then maybe it did something. Unless trying twice was the trick from the start.

Just for the record I use a Corsair Flash Voyager (2 Gig) and it works fine, even when i couldnt save anything to it from my computer (fixed with defragging).

Back