GT4 Photomode 2.0 Advanced Competition

thanks, treefingers, hopefully i wont disapoint :) the honourable meantions will be in my gallery.

final entry
img0631preview2aw.jpg

damn these pics are great. my mem card got corrupted today. i need help workin on it or i have to start a new game :( . i have no place in this competition i'm not nearly good enoguht, but i'm wondering can i bring in old pic from me? since my GT4 is kinda messed up.

RenesisEvo
With regards to filters - must they be applied to the whole image?? What I mean is, can we use a filter on a copied layer, then erase parts of that layer to create the effect we want on various parts of the image (e.g. blurring background but not car). Or is this type of editing a step too far??

I didnt want to allow layers because i thought that some people would take it too far, but 440 CHARGER helped me figure out a way to allow it.
"You can use layers for overlay and layer adjustments, but not to alter the geometry and original subject mater of the picture: like adding stickers and body kits, and objects that are not in the original image."

[empty space]
thanks, treefingers, hopefully i wont disapoint :) the honourable meantions will be in my gallery.

final entry

Great pic empty space. 👍

Master_Yoda
damn these pics are great. my mem card got corrupted today. i need help workin on it or i have to start a new game :( . i have no place in this competition i'm not nearly good enoguht, but i'm wondering can i bring in old pic from me? since my GT4 is kinda messed up.

if you mean a pic that you took before that you have on your computer, then yes thats fine for this week. as long as its not something that was entered in another comp.

[/QUOTE]if you mean a pic that you took before that you have on your computer, then yes thats fine for this week. as long as its not something that was entered in another comp.[/QUOTE]

thank you so much treefingers,

FINAL ENTRY
hope you like :ill: :nervous:

treefingers
i think it might be a little too bright, but i like it :)
AH, i did brighten it up a lil. o and another question. and i have seen it in other comps, but can you go back and fix your pics up AFTER you right FINAL ENTRY and BEFORE the deadline, or once you post FINAL ENTRY theres no goin back???

Master_Yoda
AH, i did brighten it up a lil. o and another question. and i have seen it in other comps, but can you go back and fix your pics up AFTER you right FINAL ENTRY and BEFORE the deadline, or once you post FINAL ENTRY theres no goin back???

yes. you can change your final entry. as silly as that sounds

Cool! So we can blur and sharpen as we see fit? Fantastic! Can we use a radial blur on the wheels to make them spin?

RacingFreak2k3, you seem to be very confident in your work judging by the filename of your picture. ;) 👍

Yeah treefingers, I think this competition will get plenty of participation! First day, and you have severall great entries already!👍

EVO Lancer
Cool! So we can blur and sharpen as we see fit? Fantastic! Can we use a radial blur on the wheels to make them spin?
Hahaha ... nice try
I don't know how to answer this question thou :ouch:

I don't see why you could'nt use radial blurs to clean things up, because if you look at mine, I used it on the tail lights because they were all jaggie. But maybe using it to blur wheels might be too much. I would'nt have a problem with it though. It would be taking the, "No adding in objects" rule to the limit. I would say it's OK.

Okeydokey, well I don't own photoshop, but I do have a cheap (free) imitation that can cover the basics of this comp, so I'll give it a shot :)

Final Entry

Preview
img00082small7ku.jpg

A little something different :) BTW, 440, yours is amazing, great job :)

Cool idea.

By the way treefingers when I first started my competition I was told there were already enough, and now there are 20 people submitting each week.

Final Entry since everybody seems to like this one :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissbear

Not to take away from this idea but, thats exactly what im trying to do, because i think its a bad idea and i dont understand that the Photomode/Photoshop comp allows anything to be done to the pics but this one doesnt.
treefingers
If you think its a bad idea, dont enter.

Next time you decide to quote me please have to courtesy to quote me and not alter what I said. I NEVER bashed this comp. I didn't understand what the differences were. 440 was kind enough to explain what the differences are unlike your rudeness by altering what I said to read what YOU think I said.

I hope this comp is a success. Unlike what YOU think that I had said in my last post. Thanks for not reading what I said and read what you wanted to read.

I can't enter your comp because I'm one of the few that isn't lucky enough to own Photoshop or have the time to devote to learning Photoshop.

Have a nice day.

I don't have Photoshop either, but there are plenty of completely free editing programs you can download that more than meet the requirements for this competition :)

I like the idea of this comp, I think it fills a niche. 👍

Initially I was sceptical of all the extra comps that started popping up, a few seemed like there were initiated by people who couldn't be bothered to try to win an existing comp and wanted their own comp, but fortunately those have fallen by the way side and those that have continued - kenny's, swissbears & the two 'creative' photoshop comps - have each established their own small but loyal following.

From my perspective this new comp suits me to a tee - I'm not good enough for the more elaborate photoshop comps, so I see this as an excellent bridge between those and the 'official GTP' photomode comp.

One thing I'd like to suggest for this comp is to ask each final entry to be accompanied by a thumbnail of the original, so everyone can see the transformation. Possibly even have both pics pasted together in one pic, that should easy enough for most people entering this com to do.

Anyway I do happen to have a special pic that I have been tinkering with in photoshop and learning stuff with, I'll have another go at it and enter it later on today :)

Swissbear
Next time you decide to quote me please have to courtesy to quote me and not alter what I said. I NEVER bashed this comp. I didn't understand what the differences were. 440 was kind enough to explain what the differences are unlike your rudeness by altering what I said to read what YOU think I said.

I hope this comp is a success. Unlike what YOU think that I had said in my last post. Thanks for not reading what I said and read what you wanted to read.

I can't enter your comp because I'm one of the few that isn't lucky enough to own Photoshop or have the time to devote to learning Photoshop.

Have a nice day.

swissbear, i feel like an a$$, im sorry.

As for the rest of you, im seeing alot of great pics. I was gone for a while and i come back to alot of great pics. im glad you guys like this comp, and i hope you enjoy the photos.

radial blur is a blur filter, which can be used in this comp. all i ask is that you dont take it too far. if im not here, listen to 440 CHARGER.

treefingers
As for the rest of you, im seeing alot of great pics. I was gone for a while and i come back to alot of great pics. im glad you guys like this comp, and i hope you enjoy the photos.

radial blur is a blur filter, which can be used in this comp. all i ask is that you dont take it too far. if im not here, listen to 440 CHARGER.

Wow! Thanks for the authority TF!

I think this is a great idea, I'll definitely be taking part in this. 👍

Back