GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 20

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 259 comments
MisterWeary
Don't bag my work.

erm ... i was mearlly questioning if that was really the best entry you had for this weeks theme. the picture itself is good, but, does it really portray an exciting part of motorsports?

I personally love F1 racing and in particular the Monaco race, so yeah I liked my entry. I thought it reflected a true Formula One race rather than just a Gran Turismo race. So how about from here on we let people represent the theme in the way they choose?

MisterWeary
I personally love F1 racing and in particular the Monaco race, so yeah I liked my entry. I thought it reflected a true Formula One race rather than just a Gran Turismo race. So how about from here on we let people represent the theme in the way they choose?

Unsure as to what all the fuss is about your shot.
Personally, I get pretty excited when the pace car is out and the F1's are doing their little dance, you know something big is coming up.

So, as far as the theme goes, I don't think you're off track (ha-ha), and if there are any questions as to the validity of the pace car, lets try and leave that up to the judge to make a decision.

I'm always up for constructive criticism. Let's try not to do slagging for slaggings sake.

That's Mr. Toads 2cents worth (slowly being eroded by inflation)

Final Entry:

finalthumb9jf.jpg

Here we go again. Can this competition not go one week with someone blasting someone else for the picture they've submitted as their final entry? Every week we have to sift through "Hey your picture is not this" or "Your picture isn't that". Just once I'd like to be able to read the posts for this competition without having to sort through a boatload of negativity.

Isn't it up to the one who "runs" this competition to decide whether or not the final entry is legal or not? And isn't it up to the one who has picked the theme to decide whether or not the final entry is within the parameters that he or she has set? If you've got something to say about a person's entry, please, PM that person. Don't make the rest of us have to read through your drivel about how you don't like this or that. Yes, this is an open forum and people are entitiled to their opinion. But at the same time, it seems like it's always the same ones crying "foul" and the same ones crying that they didn't make the Top 20.

Everyone thinks that their picture is the best or they wouldn't be entering the competition in the first place. Instead of finding fault with someone else's work, why not find the faults in your work and you'll be submitting better pictures and possibly making the Top 20 on a more regular basis. I've entered this competition ever since I became a "member" of this forum (week 8) and I've made the Top 20 a total of two times. I think overall I've received in the neighborhood of 5 votes for both pictures combined. So, I think that I would have as much a reason to "cry" as anyone here.

I've noticed that there are a lot of new people entering this competition but at the same time there aren't as many "old timers" entering because I'm sure they've gotten tired of hearing the crying, b****ing and moaning week in, week out. I know I'm not making many friends with this post but, then again, I haven't got that many on here anyway.

I think we all take some good photos but, the ones that win are the ones that win. If you can't handle that you don't make the Top 20 don't enter or improve your picture taking by noting what kind of pictures win or at least make the Top 20. If you don't agree with the photo someone entered as being within the rules or the theme for the week, PM them and let them know that they might want to rethink their entry. Either way, don't make the rest of us that are here for the FUN of this competition read your negativity and disrespect for the efforts that have been presented.

Enough said.

RenesisEvo
Thats the racing Civic in the foreground, is it not? and a JGTC GT300 car in focus. Doesnt add up...

Yes you're right Renesis, I thought that they ran the touring series kind of like we do here in the states with mixed classes running with each other but after looking at the JGTC site I see that they run the GT500, GT300, etc. seperate. So, thank you for pointing out my mistake but I'm in class right now so I can't change it.

Mr. Toad
Unsure as to what all the fuss is about your shot.
Personally, I get pretty excited when the pace car is out and the F1's are doing their little dance, you know something big is coming up.

My thoughts exactly!

MisterWeary, I approve that your entry fits into the theme, I'll PM franz to confirm it with him.

As for you other people, if I see any negative comments you will be immediately placed on the DQ'ed list. It's ok to politely say "I'm sorry ... but your entry doesn't fit the requirments." If you are unsure whether or not your comment is good or not, don't say it. I am tired of seeing this stupid behavior ruin a fun competition. I know I have threatend everyone before about being more strict, but this time I am putting my foot down. Once you're on the list, you're not coming off. Anyone on the list will not be allowed to compete in the competitions for 2 weeks. You don't like these rules, don't participate. I don't care what you think of me or how I'm running things, if you don't like it just stay away and let those that want to have fun be able to.

The End.

Hey fermbizz... not to sound mean or anything, but in order to properly reply to what someone else has posted, you need to leave the [/QUOTE] at the end of the post.

If you think about it, it doesn't make a lot of sense. People are whining that they didn't make the top 20 yet they are telling others, whose pictures don't meet the requirements, to change their pictures. If a picture does not meet the requirements that is one less picture to take your spot in the top 20.

swissbear
I know I'm not making many friends with this post but, then again, I haven't got that many on here anyway.

hey your a friend of mine swissbear! i totally agree with everything you say. why put people down? its only a bit of fun. personally, i thought the F1 pic was an excellent, ingenious and clever play on this weeks theme. everyone has a different view of what motor sport excitement means to them, instead of criticism those that regularly complain, should try complimenting.

for the record, the person who has done the most moaning, has one of the poorest entries in this weeks competition. he seriously needs to have a word with himself and stop slating other peoples work.

keep up the good work people, dont let the spirit snipers knock you down, you have just as much a chance of winning as they have.

[final entry will go here]

Thanks Swissbear, Mr. Toad and Slick6, I agree it's supposed to be fun. It's such a cool idea for a competition, I look forward to many weeks of entering 👍

yeah i know what your saying, i kinda contradict myself. in my defence, i will say that i never named the person with the poorest entry - he knows who he is, and its not as blatant as some of the nit-picking that has been going on this week.

MisterWeary
Thanks Swissbear, Mr. Toad and Slick6, I agree it's supposed to be fun. It's such a cool idea for a competition, I look forward to many weeks of entering 👍

No worries Mate :cheers: Go have a bowl of soup.
We'd probably prefer months and years of entries (rather than weeks):

Now back to out regulary scheduled programming.
THAT MEANS: More pics ,less debate.

Slick6
MisterWeary, I approve that your entry fits into the theme, I'll PM franz to confirm it with him.
Using pace car is perfectly fine
but does MW's entry meet the "excitement" idea?
that's MW's decision (I just want to be fair to others)

Your side panning shots are really good

Thanks! I am a sucker for the side panning shots! I see one when I am shooting and I can't pass them up! It really smoothens out the pixles, and I love the wheel blur!:)

440 CHARGER
Thanks! I am a sucker for the side panning shots! I see one when I am shooting and I can't pass them up! It really smoothens out the pixles, and I love the wheel blur!:)

Me too, I actually take too many. :(

tabs
Me too, I actually take too many. :(

Yeah, same here! You probably have'nt noticed, but if you have, most of the images I submit in these competitions are side panning shots. For some reason I just can't pull myself away from them! If I could, I might actually have at chance at winning one of these blasted contests!:crazy:

Back