GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 20

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 259 comments
GTChamp2003
[rant]
There's just one thing that's bothering me. You see,it's all good and well that there is a new theme every week but do the people voting actully care? They will just vote for the best looking picture and not if it fits the theme.
This week will be no different. I have just gone thru this thread checking out the entries and the majority doesn't fit the theme. Make no mistake, they are all great photos but they simply don't capture the "excitement" of racing very well. Will that matter in the polls? Hell no. That's my only complaint about these weekly competitions.[/rant]

I'm sorry about that but i just had to get it off my chest.
I know that there are many people here that actually vote on a photo that captures that weeks theme the best but the majority of people just vote for the best looking photo.That's just wrong in my opinion.

I have noticed a photo this week that looks exceptionally well and i am almost positive it will get the most votes even though it doesn't fit this weeks theme.

Anyhow,this is all my opinion.I love the creativity in some of the photos but the voting system needs work. :)

You are right GTChamp2003 but in my opinion the only thing that could be done to help reduce the chance of this happening is to remind voters to vote for a picture that best fits the theme. Even if the voters don't pay attention to theme the person who chooses the top 20 does. Art is subjective everyone has their views on what is good and what isn't

DiabolicalMask
In my opinion, that's a much bigger problem than what GTChamp2003 ranted about. 👍

Not that you're not also right, GTChamp2003. Obviously you are and have every right to talk about it, but that's much more subjective and in that case at least a good picture is being picked/voted.

Mr. Toad
In agreement with this:
When going through compo threads (and the final voting), I will find myself dismissing a shot just from viewing the thumbnail (probably because of laziness).

I find that some of the shots I dismiss, when viewed later at a larger size give a totally different impression than the thumb.

Unsure how to cure my own laziness, but maybe a (larger than thumb) placeholder is a good idea.

Zonekills entry is a good one, and I may have dismissed it (or not looked closer at it) because the thumb can't really show what's in the shot. So the larger pic helps.

Mr. Toads 2 cents worth (shred, if applicable).

Taking a look at the picture full size does make a difference, rather than using honourable mentions I've opted for larger preview pictures like many others I'd suggest to others to start doing the same

Taking a look at the picture full size does make a difference, rather than using honourable mentions I've opted for larger preview pictures like many others I'd suggest to others to start doing the same

I agree. And I think people not doing this are putting themselves at disadvantage. It would be better if everyone played with the same rules and had the same chances. Also this would make the threads better looking.

Alright guys, I am changing my final entry once again! It's with the same car, just another angle that better fits the theme I think! And heck, I may even change it again later... But at this moment in time, this is my:

FINAL ENTRY!

Here are some HM's! I love the first one, but unfortunetly, I don't think it is within franz's specifications for the theme. But if it was, I would probably use it. Maybe I'll PM him and ask!👍

And this one here is just a bonus! Ah yes, the beauty of the finer touches of Photoshop! I Guess this one will go in my personal gallery!:)

Enjoy them my fellow competitors!

atlop
I agree. And I think people not doing this are putting themselves at disadvantage. It would be better if everyone played with the same rules and had the same chances. Also this would make the threads better looking.

How do you do it??? I would like to start doing that myself!

There's nothing complicated with it, when you're saving your entry, save the size you normally do, and save another image 400*300 for a preview image. Then upload both and use the thumbnail code for your larger image and the full size image code for your thumbnail, then just link the thumbnail to your larger image. 👍

Slick6
There's nothing complicated with it, when you're saving your entry, save the size you normally do, and save another image 400*300 for a preview image. Then upload both and use the thumbnail code for your larger image and the full size image code for your thumbnail, then just link the thumbnail to your larger image. 👍

Thanks Slick!👍

No problem. ;) Just remember though that if a preview image is used, then you cannot use any honorable mentions.

Slick6

or 300x400 if the image uses the vertical orientation :)

in my opinion the only thing that could be done to help reduce the chance of this happening is to remind voters to vote for a picture that best fits the theme.

Perhaps the theme needs to be emphasised more strongly in the poll thread. Slick6, when you put up the poll instead of just having the poll question as 'Winner?', can you instead put in the theme, ie 'Which pic best captures the exciement of motorsport?' I guess space is limited but something to remind voters what they should be looking for may help a tiny bit.

DiabolicalMask
I don't have time to take new pictures right now, so I'll use an older picture (from the "24 Hours of Le Mans" set).

FINAL ENTRY

picture1664copys2c3lq.jpg

WOW Great job!

Oh, that mini pick thing is cool. It would have helped if I hadnt forgotten I had rotated my pic so I could use it has a background image. Oh well, I cant be bothered uploading it again.

fermbizz
WOW Great job!
Thanks, fermbizz. 👍

(By the way, I decided to add borders to my picture. They're cheesy, but give the picture a better look.)

There are so many great entries this week. A lot of people definitely captured the theme very well, way to go everybody.
I just want to know one thing, do you guys not like to resize or do you not know how? There are many pics this week that would look just that much better if they were resized.

Image shack does it automaticly but when it does it causes jagged edges/lower quality look, resizing them before you upload will make the quality look better. if you open an image in Image Shack and want to see it in original size then just click on the image, it will get rid of the jagged edges

Latest Posts

Back